TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Fables of the Penitent Thief, by Sliptip and Digi (Nov 8th 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Actually, that didn't work, try this:

Fables of the Penitent Thief (final)

The complaint about the animated walls and garbled audio are funny, it might be a generational thing. Actually, the graphics remind a lot of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    . . . it might be a generational thing.
    Watch it! I might be going to be a grandmother soon but it's purely a manky pc thing with me!!!

I'm stuck! I've got the Wizard's McGuffin, but I still can't get into the wizard's house! I feel like I need to find someone and give the McGuffin to them to get in, but I've talked to everyone and nothing's worked. Can someone give me a hint, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I'm stuck! I've got the Wizard's McGuffin, but I still can't get into the wizard's house! I feel like I need to find someone and give the McGuffin to them to get in, but I've talked to everyone and nothing's worked. Can someone give me a hint, please?

You just need to
    spoiler:
    walk through the gate...no need to frob or do anything special

*FACEPALM*

d. Dec 2017
    Really a cute game. The graphics appeal to the child in me. Reminds me of a picture book I had when I was little. At first I thought the garbled language was a script error. This is about the only Thief game I would o.k. for a child to play except for one by PForth.

So many clever puzzles, which I managed to solve, so far. One has me stumped in the gardener's wonderful house. I can't find the pink key. I found the one in the bedroom and one in the study.

Could someone please spoil me?

I am back after almost a 3 month hiatus. Will try to do some catch-up. My computer has been soooo upgraded in the meantime. In fact it is new, except for the case. I have to put my seat belt on so it won't blow me away....so sez Devorgilla, my guru, expert, and in-house know-it-all.
    Now I can play TDM's, when I get the chance

P.S. Crowed too soon. The danged thing crashed again. My S-I-L said it was the hard drive...whatever that is :^P
    Last edited by Dawggon; 10th Nov 2010 at 20:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    So many clever puzzles, which I managed to solve, so far. One has me stumped in the gardener's wonderful house. I can't find the pink key. I found the one in the bedroom and one in the study.
    Are you sure? Go in the room with the upsidedown chandelier, and go to the opening that leads to an upside-down yard. If I'm correct, this may be the pink key, just rope arrow the grass and make your way across the yard and to the opening, and continue on.

I had a bit of a post in the false start thread, but I just wanted to pipe up here, too.
    I loved this, it was adorable and fun.

I was absolutely terrified when I first loaded up. I suffer from a permanent headache (6+ years of varying but unending pain) and when I saw the walls.... my heart clenched in my chest. It never actually bothered my headache, though (HURRAH!) and I grew to rather like it. Same with the music... I thought for certain it would irritate me after a while, but instead, I missed it anytime it wasn't playing. The voices made me laugh, I felt like I had gone back in time and was playing something from my early gaming days. The only thing that bothered my headache was the Gardener's House, because I get stressed out when I can't find my way around, hah! But I can't really complain about the mission for that.

I never got too caught up in hunting down all the easter eggs. I did look for them everywhere I went, but I didn't go over all locations with a fine toothed comb, since it wasn't a main objective. I think I found 20, anyway, though. I will have to play it again to find them all, and to get in a tricksier mindset for rooftop climbing.

I'd wished Mission 2 was longer, it felt short, but I suppose any longer and it might have felt dragged-out. I loved the guards cocooned by the spiders and what some of them had to say, especially the one who said he wasn't really tied up, he just didn't want to fight the ghost!

Thanks for a fun time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I'm having a blast playing this! I just found the rooftop where the man asks you if you're Dia.
    I just found this

Hi
    I'm in the middle of the mission, but now I have to say that this is one of the best at what I played. Great idea for a story, clever puzzles, and excellent work. Hooray for the duo Sliptip and Digital Nightfall
    And speaking of guys on the roof, there is another, although not on the roof, but also well hidden, and even funnier.

Edit: Initially I had trouble with moving walls textures, but I get used to it.
    Last edited by Nivellen; 10th Nov 2010 at 04:21.

Say, was the ale-drinking competition with the Old Captain an homage to Monkey Island 2, by any chance?
    Anyway, off to the castle now!

Tremendous fan mission! Well actually rather a new adventure type game

I liked it very much - the moving textures and the garbled voices (especially the one of the ghost - LOL) were just cool! And the sound reminded me on the very early days of the first Gameboy I had, around 1992 or something.

A masterpiece of fan missions indeed!

it might be a generational thing.
    Hey hey I resemble that remark!
    I guess I am old enough that cartoons don't do much for me anymore. But, since I am an avid and long time thief player my admiration for anyone who makes a mission for me is justification to play it. With that in mind I will press on and enjoy the game as it was meant to be played knowing that it was designed that way. Thanks for making it.

The complaint about the animated walls and garbled audio are funny, it might be a generational thing. Actually, the graphics remind a lot of this.
    Going back even further, further, further...

Anyone remember this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zedq1VhaS90

Just finished it Amazing!! Good job to the creators

Cool mission

I enjoyed playing this one, very original , good design, good idea of the animated textures, very good gameplay and storyline, loved the way i could dialogue with the characters and do errands for them , this is an outstanding project, i hope more authors will do something really original like this mission.

Looking foward for more

A very nice take on the Amiga days...thoroughly enjoying the "monkey island-esque" strategy gaming.
    I write this from ward 7 of the local cracker factory as I collapsed into a writhing heap on the floor after I looked away from the screen WOW those creeping, wobbly textures...anyway...where is the sewer entrance??....
    Ok...found it...its my eyes you see...I cant stop them from blinking....
    Last edited by Ravenhook; 10th Nov 2010 at 12:15. Reason: found the answer.

Can someone please tell me where the gardeners bedroom is, I am at the upside down chandelier...I have found the green key-study and the red key-through the upside down garden but I cant find the blasted bedroom...if its the door in the room where he asks if I'd like some coffee..that other door is now closed and does not highlight.
    Many thanks...

Check the Gardener's fireplace

Thank you...checking.
    Excellent...what a weird house....well guess its another night at the cracker factory for me....seriously though, this is great..I loved monkey Island.
    Thank you Sliptip and of course Digi...completely original and fun.
    Last edited by Ravenhook; 10th Nov 2010 at 13:29.

This mod is so great that it just blows me away. Using a "dark engine" to create such a happy and bright game in itself is quite funny, but the effort and the skill that went into it raise it to the ranks of legendary unique fan mods. I feel like a little kid playing a nintendo 64 for the first time. Thanks for this great FM!

Too bad I also have to report a bug. I bought some rope arrows and also used them once or twice in the town. Now, a couple of quests later they just vanished. I went back to the arrow shop and bought a new one and suddenly my old ones were back. However, I could only select and use them right inside the arrow shop. Once I left it, they weren't selectable again. Water arrows work flawlessly though.

Awesome modification of the dark engine for a fan mission.

As Xiaopang pointed out already this is much like playing an old Nintendo 64 game. The kind that adults would be invited to play during holidays and promptly end up hogging the controller.

That music seems to get a bit stuck in my head. It's driving me a little screwy.

I have not run into any problems as of yet and I am currently playing hide and go seek and collecting puzzle pets.

Congratulations on this wonderful FM mod, and thanks for giving some of us FM players something a little more upbeat to play than the usual scary fare.

Help! How do I get the frogs out of the bakery? I thought I'd lure them out into the street with the music box, but that didn't work

That's how it's done. Where did you place the musicbox?

I actually don't see a highlighted place to put it. I tried it right in front of the hole on the wall and right-clicked like a mad man while moving around the area in the hope that it would help. Using the musicbox on the baker also didn't work. Am I doing something wrong or have I stumbled over another bug?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast