TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Fables of the Penitent Thief, by Sliptip and Digi (Nov 8th 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Alic View Post
    I know enough about this community to realise that if Digital Nightfall is involved it is going to be amazing
    truuf

The Architect
    Thank you, but you can say the same about the other author.

I'm a bit stuck, got the crown and toothbrush, and have given the doll back.
    I don't know what to do next, as I cannot access the wizard's and the craftsman home does not frob

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm a bit stuck, got the crown and toothbrush, and have given the doll back.
    I don't know what to do next, as I cannot access the wizard's and the craftsman home does not frob
    Did you meet up with the Craftsman's cook outside and listen to / read his conversation? If so there should be someone who you've already met that can help with getting to purple o'clock

Thank you sagittal!
    I'm really enjoying this unusual yet beautiful mission, but it seems I get often stuck.....
    I got all the items in the house with the kids, now I am in the room with the safe and it seems there's no place where to drop or put them.....

Found it!
    Last edited by maga; 19th Nov 2010 at 12:03.

chalice

Is the man I have to drink with the one in pagan outfit up the tower near the hatter named Malchy? If yes, he keeps telling have fun with yer poo........

no, it's a guard's captain. you're pretty close though

Stunning
    I must say that getting teleported back to one of the squares after drinking three pints with the Captain made me laugh the hardest I've ever laughed about anything in a thief fm. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaopang View Post
    no, it's a guard's captain. you're pretty close though
    Any further help?

Any further help?
    maga, when you head towards the Hatter (not Malchy) at the top of the stairs there's a door immediately on your left.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 20th Nov 2010 at 06:42.

I really had missed that all the time!!
    Now, I'm not a good cheater.......................

......plllllzzzz........

......plllllzzzz........
    Have you seen the plant pot to your right

......plllllzzzz........

This is one of the coolest, most innovative FMs in a long time; a step in the opposite direction of "dark & realistic," this cartoony aesthetic is one I think could carry many FMs to come. Why try to cover up the old polygons when this style can make them relevant?

I'm a big fan of the OM The Sword (and the few others similar to it), so the gardener's house brought a huge smile to my face (the final ghost fight did, too!) The one slightly disappointing thing was the rope beast - I thought I remembered it being different in the trailer (like a treebeast wearing ropes), but watching that again shows me I'm wrong. I did notice the townsfolk dialogue used to be "1/4" but was changed to "more..." Any reason why?

I completed the whole thing in about two hours, which is a great amount of play time to shoot for, and only needed to check for hints once (about the frogs). I will definately have my family try this one out over Thanksgiving, maybe it will be the gateway mission
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 20th Nov 2010 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    . . .I did notice the townsfolk dialogue used to be "1/4" but was changed to "more..." Any reason why?
    Glad you liked it !

During the inital testing people were confused by the 1/4, 2/4 etc. and didn't know what it meant. So Digi painstakingly went through every dialogue file and changed it. Digi's a good man

It's finally released!
    Can't wait to try it out

wizard's tower, stuck in

Is there a certain pattern to follow to get out?

I read that you keep going west, which I have done and have not gotten. Got a bit tired trying.

Is there a sure way out, starting from a certain room and going from there....certain serious of moves?

I hope there is.....would like to continue on.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    Is there a certain pattern to follow to get out?

I read that you keep going west, which I have done and have not gotten. Got a bit tired trying.

Is there a sure way out, starting from a certain room and going from there....certain serious of moves?

I hope there is.....would like to continue on.

This post should help - the go west direction to get out works after the room with the 2nd servant

I sthere a list of where all the eggs are? I've only got 13..im pretty sure I'm missing a whole lot >.<

I have played this mission 2 times since the release and have really enjoyed it.

I have a question as to how something was done.

The first time I played it, when drinking with the captain, I think I managed maybe 2 to 3 tankards and then passed out. I do not quite remember that well what happened.

Later, after finding myself waking up in a corner of what might possibly be thought of as to be a lumpy cold wet spilled bowl of aromatic BSACs (Busby's Sick Apple Chunks), when I returned for another bout, I discovered the highlighting flowerpot to dump my brew into it, effectively wasting wonderfully aged and potent digital hooch. This ... hic.. make Benny very angry .

I am very curious as to how this effect was achieved in Dromed. Was it done by just playing with the walking speed of the avatar? Or was there a little bit more done? I think the wiggle walls may have had an influence on the effect as well. I remember drunk effects in other games like wobbly or stottered walking and darkened fades during the avatar's influenced state.

Glad you enjoyed it!

The drunk effect is all in the walking speed. I just set it slower everytime you take a drink.

Just be glad I didn't leave it the way it originally was. Originally when you found yourself outside the craftsman's house after your 3rd drink, your speed was set to -1 (making all your controls work in reverse). It was fun at first but got annoying fast

Adding the occasional fade out and fade in probably would have been a nice touch but I got lazy.

Holy moly, what a fantastically whimsical little mission! The whole thing is a true work of art. Thank you creators for bringing back some memories from my early gaming years: the Dizzy games, as someone else already mentioned, and also Gobliiins, which seems to have been a major inspiration for the characters' speech and some of the tasks. My favorite piece of scenery was the giant pulsating clocktower gear mechanism, it just looked so... crisply and precisely drawn, even when in motion. So again, thank you for the refreshing nostalgia trip!

file unavailable

Would someone please post a mirror of this fan mission? The link on the first page leads to a file unavailable (due to exceeding download limit) message. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gozioso View Post
    Would someone please post a mirror of this fan mission? The link on the first page leads to a file unavailable (due to exceeding download limit) message. Thanks in advance.
    There are a couple given on the first page of the thread but here's the one for Southquarter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast