TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Fables of the Penitent Thief, by Sliptip and Digi (Nov 8th 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    There are a couple given on the first page of the thread but here's the one for Southquarter
    Thanks. I didn't check past the first post, because usually that is where all of the download locations are listed via edits.

Thanks for the hard work but I just cant get past the constantly moving effects of some textures and the 80s atari music. Maybe the music if there is a way to make stuff stand still. Is there ?

Search this thread; it's been discussed already - it's as simple as removing some files. ...if you must ruin the experience!

Help! I can't find the key to the second floor of the house where the ring is

You need to get in the room another way. If you're already there, search on top of the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    You need to get in the room another way. If you're already there, search on top of the wardrobe.
    Thanks! Got it! wonderful mission/

sorry but i hate these kind of games. its probably very well designed and everything, but i cant stand it.

Please try to keep criticism constructive!

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    I agree. Instead of just bluntly saying you hate it, at least give a couple reasons why, so maybe people can learn something. I assume you mean you hate adventure games, which is a fair point I guess; they're not everyone's cup of tea. But there certainly are several other great missions that are basically adventure games (though better, because Thief allows a greater range of exploration and non-linearness).

Master Builder 2018
    Sliptip and Digi - I just finished this delightful mission. It surpasses all of my expectations (and given who the authors are, they were pretty high). I loved everthing about it. The moving textures were not annoying to me at all, I loved them. And the voices were brilliant! I found myself stopping and talking to people I'd already spoken to many times just to hear them speak. Frakin' hilarious! I couldn't possibly pick a favorite part, it was all too good. But the ghost sequence at the end was just perfect in every way. My hat's off to you both. Fantastic work! Thanks for this.

What a charming game that was, though I should point out to sliptip
    that the man over the wall is a lier. I managed to get back via Redshine's garden as the building has a wooden strip running around it. Also, impersonating both Dia and Slyfoxx can get you killed... somehow that felt like an achievment for this level. Now if only I could find that last easter egg.

It's a very entertaining, original FM ! I wasn't disturbed by the moving textures too.
    I liked the tribute to Thief Gold in the 2nd part. The 2nd part was a llittle too short though.

After completing the quests, I searched the Easter Eggs.
    I have found 22 EE.

Where are the others ?
    Damn, I wish they aren't in the crazy Wizard's tower !

I just had to say that this mission totaly blew me away. It was just awesome to say the least. Way to go guys!

My only gripes are that it was real hard to get out the window to the garden in the Gardners house. Is there an easy way to rope out? I had to shoot in the side and jump over kinda. It took a few tries. It wouldn't hang from the top and I could not mantle from the bottom of the window using one.

The other gripe was I couldn't find all the easter eggs..lol If you ever allow a list of them, I want it.

The moving textures never bothered me and I loved every bit of the missions. This will definately be replayed many times. Feel free to do sequels..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    My only gripes are that it was real hard to get out the window to the garden in the Gardners house. Is there an easy way to rope out? I had to shoot in the side and jump over kinda. It took a few tries. It wouldn't hang from the top and I could not mantle from the bottom of the window using one.
    Do you mean the upside down garden part? If so just shoot ropes into the grass

I'm really glad people are liking it for the most part

Edit: Or do you mean the door frames? If so - sorry about that, I didn't make those very well

Yea I meant the frames. No biggie!

Easter Eggs

Before I come up with the Eggs I want to say that it is a excellent mission with a great and funny story

So I got 25 eggs ..... I hope i can remember all:
    Town
    - outside your house, window 2nd floor
    - the room on the other side of the castle entrance, above the door on frame
    - on the clocktowerplace near entrance of the clocktower, in the gras (corner near the 4 trees)
    - on shelf in the LOST-Shop
    - place with the little girl, above the wooden gate/way to the gardener ??
    - clocktower: near the ladder to the rat
    - clocktower: in clockguys room behind crates
    - above the weaponshop-sign
    - above the bakery, roof/garden
    - outside your house in the gras behind the tree next to the man who tells you about the wizzard
    - outside gardeners house on the right wall/frame
    - outside Lord R. Mansion, in one of the windows on the right side
    - outside the hatmaker above the entrance to the staircase
    - at the end of the same staircases or under the staircases
    - the balcony to the drinking task, entance, on the roof to the right
    - in the drinking captains room, in the window
    - in the canalisation, on stoneframe

Lord R. Masion
    - in the apple-garden behind the lonley tree
    - the window above the entrance

Wizzardtower
    - in the wizzard's room in the shelf
    - the room with the servant, on the crates

Craftsman
    - above the bed of the sleeping craftsman, in the windowframe
    - in the entrance hall, 2nd floor on a wooden frame on the left

Gardener's House
    - in the fireplaceroom, on the shelf
    - in the open yard, in the gras above, behind the tree

So I hope you can find the missing ones with this hints :-)
    Last edited by gitb; 4th Dec 2010 at 10:21.

- in the canalisation, on stoneframe

where exactly is this one?

EDIT: nvm, i didnt know it meant sewers too >.<
    Last edited by Lawviz; 5th Dec 2010 at 07:20.

Sorry .... bad German translation :-)

I'm stuck

Gerhard Eichberger

Well, actually I'm trying this mission in DromEd with the fly-mode. (Nowadays I often do this...).

I'm missing the ring and the crown.

I've got many things to do for different people. However I can't remember all things...

I have got a reciept for an apple-cake but the baker doesn't react when I show it to him.
    Also I can't get into his house. I have tried it with a rope arrow, but it doesn't bring anything as nowhere is an open window...

How can I get into the house of the baker?
    How can I get into the house of the gardener?
    And where are the mentioned sewers? I can't find a sewer hatch.
    Why can't I buy more rope arrows and water arrows, just one? I have apples enough!

A small thing that could be better:

There are many people that gave me some addintional objectives (that don't show up as objectives). But when I speak later to the people then they ask me only if I have done it. It would be a good idea, if they would remember what exactly the objective is, how to get to a special place for example. So I had to restart to hear again what I have to do.

Gerhard
    Last edited by Gerhard Eichberger; 7th Dec 2010 at 14:28. Reason: Added two questions

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Eichberger View Post
    1. How can I get into the house of the baker?
    2. How can I get into the house of the gardener?
    3. And where are the mentioned sewers? I can't find a sewer hatch.
    4. Why can't I buy more rope arrows and water arrows, just one?
    1. You must get rid of the frogs. - SPOILER:Do you like music ?
    2. You need #3 first.
    3. Check near your home. - SPOILER:but you need to solve the cake-puzzle first.
    4. No need to buy any rope arrows. You will get plenty soon.

You must be really in a hurry - trying to 'fly' through this lovely mission.
    Take your time, enjoy and relax.

Another Kill Factory 1 & 2 fan reporting in: I'm having a blast so far.

1. How do I get the amulet from Crafty the Craftsman?
    2. How do I activate the elevator in the clocktower?

Glad you like it Username!

Crafty doesn't have the Amulet, the wizard's got it. Did you get the Sceptre from Crafty? To get the sceptre you need to find some puzzle pieces in his house

As for the clocktower elevator there's no trick to it, it should be working. The buttons don't work? If that's the case could you by chance send me the savegame file? . . . cause that's a problem

Try speaking to the cook standing outside. If he's not there yet, he'll appear later.

That's it, Nameless Voice. He appears after you pay a visit to the keeper of the clocktower. Sliptip, I wasn't able to get up there before because I hadn't seen the button that activates the elevator.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags. Changed nothing else whatsoever.
    Last edited by <Username>; 8th Dec 2010 at 18:08.

Erm...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast