TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ladytaker (Tales from the Cleft) (1 Dec 2010)

Thanks Freddy. I will have another read of the Plan and persevere from where I've got to. I am probably just being dumb! I don't have an issue with the "Plan Grate" incidentally.

I guess if you find yourself severely stuck and there happens to be a barrel lying around, well ... one thing just leads to another
    Last edited by Sagittal; 3rd Dec 2010 at 09:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    What happened was that the machine fired a cable. Jump up on the machine and do a tightrope walk across the cable.

Then you'll need to steal the mallet, then go explore the sewers which you can reach through the gate in the canal (the one above water level).
    Weird - I frobbed the machine from the front and it fired the cable long before that.

Apparently I broke the entire mission by bashing the door to the tree place in and then going to the roof and frobbing the front of the machine to get it to fire the cable. It wasn't until after I had the mallet that the key to the tree place appeared and I solved the puzzle by looking through the machines visor thing.

That or I just need to figure out how to talk to the dead and help Elanor maybe the mission isn't broken. I've got the mallet in my possession and have found the secret with the tree area and the ape man.

A short re-visit of the mission upped my number of Hammer Stations from 1 to 4. How many are there in total anyway? So far they all follow the pattern of being outdoors and at head height, but I'm not really certain why I'm bothering with this. Does it unlock a secret, or a bonus objective perhaps?

Cops and Frobbers: You have the right person in mind, but not the place. Have you found her house by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    A short re-visit of the mission upped my number of Hammer Stations from 1 to 4. How many are there in total anyway? So far they all follow the pattern of being outdoors and at head height, but I'm not really certain why I'm bothering with this. Does it unlock a secret, or a bonus objective perhaps?
    I kinda concentrated on the Stations for a while myself and there are at least 11
    and I am sure there are more where I haven't got yet!

Cops and Frobbers: You have the right person in mind, but not the place. Have you found her house by chance?
    I'm not sure if I have or not. I've run through the city so many times at this point that I don't even know. Where is it located?

Big crash for me here as well. I click "New Game" and Thief 2 crashes right to desktop.

I'll have a look and see if ffdshow will help.

EDIT: Downloading the latest version (in my case, 2010-15-11) worked.
    GAH! What is this, where do I get it and how do I use it??

EDIT: I downloaded it, and extracted it, but it's just a folder. . it doesn't look like any kind of program I can run, or if there is a program somewhere in the folder, I can't find it. What do I do?

Lady Taffer: I googled "ffdshow", clicked on the first link (Free-codecs dot com) and downloaded it from there.

I got a zipped file containing an executable install file and a readme.

Saggital: That many? Crap, time to re-do from start.

Cops and Frobbers: When you come out of the sewers, you'll have to open a gate that leads high above the canal. But if you hug the wall to the right, you'll reach a small shack with a fishing rod. That's the way in. Watch out for the bait, though! :-)

Just when I think I'm about to finish it without having to ask for hints, it happens. I only have to return to the Bloated Burrick, but guards are guarding the exits from the Knight's Repose. I tried evading the archer and running to the pub, but that doesn't end the objective. Any hint?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Just when I think I'm about to finish it without having to ask for hints, it happens. I only have to return to the Bloated Burrick, but guards are guarding the exits from the Knight's Repose. I tried evading the archer and running to the pub, but that doesn't end the objective. Any hint?
    Have you been down to the lowest floor in the lift in Knight's Repose - with the generators? I think that should help

Cops and Frobbers: When you come out of the sewers, you'll have to open a gate that leads high above the canal. But if you hug the wall to the right, you'll reach a small shack with a fishing rod. That's the way in. Watch out for the bait, though! :-)
    I went back through the sewers as you suggested and found a way out that I hadn't seen before due to the confusing layout.

I made my way to her house only to get absolutely obliterated by the unnecessary flying bugs outside the door - I had to swig my only health potion and after getting hit three times on the way in and twice more on the way out I'm down to one health with the rest of the mission to go.

Tried a few more times and ended up dying due to the bugs. Really not a fan of those or their placement at all. Looks like I have to finish the rest of the mission with one health, which should be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Just when I think I'm about to finish it without having to ask for hints, it happens. Any hint?
    Cedric left you a note by the Hammer arbalest, telling you to try the Knight if you needed a back door. Try exploring the Knight's Repose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cops And Frobbers View Post
    I went back through the sewers as you suggested and found a way out that I hadn't seen before due to the confusing layout.

I made my way to her house only to get absolutely obliterated by the unnecessary flying bugs outside the door - I had to swig my only health potion and after getting hit three times on the way in and twice more on the way out I'm down to one health with the rest of the mission to go.

Tried a few more times and ended up dying due to the bugs. Really not a fan of those or their placement at all. Looks like I have to finish the rest of the mission with one health, which should be interesting to say the least.
    If you've got a save game before the bugs you should have a way to deal with the source! (Assuming you're not out!)

Really not a fan of those [bugs] or their placement at all.
    1. Maybe you could knock them out of the way?

2. There's another way out of Ursula's.

3. Oh, and congratulations! You found a bug in the arbalest, firing it too soon. I didn't find it, and my beta testers didn't catch it. (Don't do it again.)
    Last edited by Balboa; 2nd Dec 2010 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    If you've got a save game before the bugs you should have a way to deal with the source! (Assuming you're not out!)
    There is a tool that gets rid of those bugs other than fire arrows? I didn't know that.

You can also apparently get yourself stuck if you travel back up to the novice dorm after visiting her house. I was lost once again looking for the inquisitor to drop off the evidence and traveled up to the novice area by mistake. The elevator button wont let you push it and the hidden torch switch doesn't lower it after the first time, so you're stuck in that room permanently.

I'm going to reload and try to get rid of those bugs as suggested. Any hints as to where the inquisitor is?

I'm stuck: Climbed on the top of the lift, but how do I get up to the upper level in the liftshaft?

I also used my novice hammer on the red hammersign at the end of the canal. What happens now? I can see a balcony above with a rope hanging down. can't climb up from the water. How do I get there?

Tricky, but awesome game

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

There is a tool that gets rid of those bugs other than fire arrows? I didn't know that.

You can also apparently get yourself stuck if you travel back up to the novice dorm after visiting her house. I was lost once again looking for the inquisitor to drop off the evidence and traveled up to the novice area by mistake. The elevator button wont let you push it and the hidden torch switch doesn't lower it after the first time, so you're stuck in that room permanently.

I'm going to reload and try to get rid of those bugs as suggested. Any hints as to where the inquisitor is?
    Maybe you don't want to aim at the bug cloud?

The High Inquisitor is staying at the Knight's Repose, but you'll want to follow Ursula's guidance before you head there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I'm stuck: Climbed on the top of the lift, but how do I get up to the upper level in the liftshaft?

I also used my novice hammer on the red hammersign at the end of the canal. What happens now? I can see a balcony above with a rope hanging down. can't climb up from the water. How do I get there?

Tricky, but awesome game

Gloria Creep
    Gloria,
    Try closing the toolchest.

There are lots of hammersigns. You can get to that balcony much later in the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    Maybe you don't want to aim at the bug cloud?

The High Inquisitor is staying at the Knight's Repose, but you'll want to follow Ursula's guidance before you head there.
    Alright, thanks!

Lady Taffer: I googled "ffdshow", clicked on the first link (Free-codecs dot com) and downloaded it from there.

I got a zipped file containing an executable install file and a readme.
    Same here, except the only thing I found in there marked "install" was a text file with apparent installation instructions. . and I can't understand what the hell any of them are.

Lady Taffer: ?

I downloaded a file called "ffdshow-rev3631_20101115_clsid.zip". It's about 3 MB in size.

I entered the site I mentioned earlier, and there's a link called "Download ffdshow MPEG-4" that I clicked on. From there, I could select which file to download. I chose the third one from the list.

I hope this helps.

Gloria Creep: Thank you for informing me where one of the Hammer Stations is. That's one less, still a lot to go. :-)

Lady Taffer: ?

I downloaded a file called "ffdshow-rev3631_20101115_clsid.zip". It's about 3 MB in size.

I entered the site I mentioned earlier, and there's a link called "Download ffdshow MPEG-4" that I clicked on. From there, I could select which file to download. I chose the third one from the list.
    Ok, I found the site you went to (it was fourth on the google results list for me--there's a whole bunch of different websites. Confusing. ) but when I clicked on the link it was broken. That site, or that section of the site appears not to exist anymore.

EDIT: I also seem to inexplicably have a file in my FM folder labeled ffdshow_beta7_rev3154_20091209 but when I click on that I just get an error message telling me it's not a valid Win32 program.

i cant get mission to stop crashing at start,please make a version with no movie so i can play it

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    Gloria,
    Try closing the toolchest.
    WHAT? Where?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i cant get mission to stop crashing at start,please make a version with no movie so i can play it
    Downwinder,
    Just un-zip the mission zip file, delete the two movies, and re-zip it. It will run fine without the movies.

Or, the mission without movies can be downloaded here:
    http://www.filefront.com/17595754/La..._no_movies.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    WHAT? Where?

Wher are you?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast