TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ladytaker (Tales from the Cleft) (1 Dec 2010)

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    Are there any in the dock area where I have to return at the end? I hope not, because then I might not be able to get to them without triggering the completion screen. Any of the sigil stations indoors somewhere, or are all of them outside?[/SPOIL]
    Yes, there are some in the dock area. You could go back to a recent save without one of your objectives completed if you have one. There are none inside.

edudrekib - You don't need to see Ginny in order to find the key. Search the sewers. You can also get into The Anvil, through the sewers. As for getting into the Knight's Repose, you'll need to complete some other objectives first but once you do, the door on the fire escape will be open.

Ginnie's diary... if there ever was one, it's at her place. It's the shack at the start with the funky bed, you can't really miss it.

Which reminds me, when I found Ginnie and first frobbed her, I found myself carrying a piece of rubble. I threw it away and it disappeared. Never saw it again. Bug?

As for Ginnie's key - look down. Deep and down.

who needs rope arrows ?

Ah. Balboa, you're right.... who needs rope arrows when you've made MUCH more interesting ways of getting about! What fun. Thanks for a sooper mission.

Archivist
    Congrats with the release, Balboa

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Ginnie's diary... if there ever was one, it's at her place. It's the shack at the start with the funky bed, you can't really miss it.
    Er, it isnt - on my first play through ginni had it on her person while floating face up in the canal.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Er, it isnt - on my first play through ginni had it on her person while floating face up in the canal.
    That isn't Ginnie. That is Ursula. And her body moves to the end of the canal with the water current. So she might not actually be invisible, just down at the far end.

Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    That woman in the canal is Ursula - the visionary with her book of Visions (but no key) . Ginnie's place is near the boat at the start - with err... manacles and mirror accessories to the bed ! The Book of Visions isn't important for the mission.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    That isn't Ginnie. That is Ursula. And her body moves to the end of the canal with the water current. So she might not actually be invisible, just down at the far end.
    Ah ok, I though that was ginnie, but at one poiint there was something there as I wasnt able to move through the water where the body used to be. After search the bottom of the whole canal no key was forthcoming, so will look for an grate to the sewers..
    Last edited by bikerdude; 3rd Dec 2010 at 14:35.

Yay! Found all 16 hammers, received the blessing! All that running around and pressing my nose into walls was totally worth it, the reward was wonderful!

All in all, 2 out of 3 secrets, 3 bonus objectives! Now where might be that last secret...

This is really an engrossing mission."Finally, return to the Bloated Burrick" is my last objective listed. I am standing inside the Bloated Burrick. So why doesn't the mission end?

bedwine, did you read the new readable found within the pub?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    bedwine, did you read the new readable found within the pub?
    It is always something right in front of my eyes. A great mission. It kept getting bigger and bigger. Worth a replay. I only found 3 hammer symbols and 1 secret. The hand sized Gem.

Balboa, thanks very much for this excellent, extremely addictive mission! Loved the machine, the station quest, the diverse places to visit and the various puzzles. We've been spoilt this year with some great missions!

I may be the only one but I got frustrated by misinterpreting the plan and thinking I needed to break into the tomb before meeting up at the Great Tree Shrubbery place (wasted a lot of time) and not being able to operate the lift there (thanks to Tannar for help!) I managed to get into the Upton Trust and the Visionary's before doing the tomb but it all worked out fine. Will go back and replay (in the right sequence) for sure. I did so much running around I finished with the 16 stations plus the 3/3 secrets, 4 bonus objectives.

Thanks again to all involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    4 bonus objectives
    Aw what the taff, 4? And here I was all smug thinking I've found all 3 bonuses That'll teach me. Now I won't be able to sleep until I learn about that last bonus/secret, but I'm guessing it might be a bit too early to put them in a post, even in spoiler tags? Oh well

bikerdude
    Yay! Found all 16 hammers, received the blessing! All that running around and pressing my nose into walls was totally worth it, the reward was wonderful!

All in all, 2 out of 3 secrets, 3 bonus objectives! Now where might be that last secret...
    bloody hell, I only found 4...

Finishes the mission, I liked the ending, nice to see the bad get his just deserts.. well done balboa.

Aw what the taff, 4? And here I was all smug thinking I've found all 3 bonuses That'll teach me. Now I won't be able to sleep until I learn about that last bonus/secret, but I'm guessing it might be a bit too early to put them in a post, even in spoiler tags? Oh well

poronty - you beat me to the 16 stations . After I read your post I found my last one within about 5 minutes plus the last secret. For me the last secret and 4th objective happened at the same time .

Ok, I've got the mallet and now I need to find someone who can help me speak to the dead. . . I know there's a place somewhere in town, but it's in an area that's closed off by a gate. How do I get there?

Also, I have not found a single one of those damn hammerite marks. . .they're red marks, like the one on the novice's instruction scroll, right?

Lady Taffer: Now that you have the mallet, there's only one way to get back to the Bloated Burrick. Have another swim through the canal.

On your way back, you will pass by (or through, depending on your travels) Ursula's house. That's where you need to go to complete the "speak with the dead" objective.

As to the Hammerite stations, one of them is in the canal, at the far end where the fishing pole is, above the grate. They are hard to spot, so you need to keep your eyes peeled.

As for myself, after an extra 30 minutes in this mission I've found 1 new piece of loot, have 14 out of 16 Hammerite Stations and know what the last bonus objective is about Rutherford... but I have no clue as to where to find it.

I'm also wondering where the last 2 Hammerite Stations are. Previously in the thread someone mentioned that there are 6 by the canal... but I can only count 4. One on each side of the canal entrance, one by the unopenable gate, and at the far end of the canal by the fishing rod. Can anyone help?

I can only count 4. One on each side of the canal entrance, one by the unopenable gate, and at the far end of the canal by the fishing rod. Can anyone help?
    Not sure if these are the ones you're missing but

- One is somewhere right across from the hammerite church, just above water level (only reachable from water)
    - One is on the iron bridge near the dock, on one of the middle beam thingies

thank you Balboa ,going to try mission now

Lady Taffer: Now that you have the mallet, there's only one way to get back to the Bloated Burrick. Have another swim through the canal.

On your way back, you will pass by (or through, depending on your travels) Ursula's house. That's where you need to go to complete the "speak with the dead" objective.

As to the Hammerite stations, one of them is in the canal, at the far end where the fishing pole is, above the grate. They are hard to spot, so you need to keep your eyes peeled.

As for myself, after an extra 30 minutes in this mission I've found 1 new piece of loot, have 14 out of 16 Hammerite Stations and know what the last bonus objective is about Rutherford... but I have no clue as to where to find it.

I'm also wondering where the last 2 Hammerite Stations are. Previously in the thread someone mentioned that there are 6 by the canal... but I can only count 4. One on each side of the canal entrance, one by the unopenable gate, and at the far end of the canal by the fishing rod. Can anyone help?
    I'm not looking for the Bloated Burrick, I'm looking for Ursula's place. Also. . fishing pole? I never saw a fishing pole anywhere.
    I have found a few hammer stations, though.

However, I don't have the key for the sewer grate (the one above water level and across from the Hammerite temple) and have no idea where to find it. I've also found Ursula's place at the end of the canal, but the rope arrow hanging from the beams is too high for me to reach. What do I do?

Lady Taffer: If you've pulled off the heist and have the Mallett, there should now be a Mechanist corpse in the canal. It has the key you need.

Thanks, I came back to post that I just now found it.
    But why is there suddenly a mechanist corpse in the canal? What did that have to do with me getting the mallet?

EDIT: Finished it! That was a great mission, though I wasn't able to find all the hammer stations. What happens when you get them all?
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 3rd Dec 2010 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Thanks, I came back to post that I just now found it.
    But why is there suddenly a mechanist corpse in the canal? What did that have to do with me getting the mallet?
    Most of the mission can best be described by "Suddenly there is a", unfortunately. Most of it comes down to backtracking over and over again to areas you've already explored to see what has changed. I spent alot of time lost and aimlessly wandering before tapping out and asking for help here.

I enjoyed this mission overall, but the 'whoops something has changed go figure out what' style of moving forward and the surprise enemy appearances were bummers. The body in the canal with the key appearing at a certain point was especially puzzling.

Not knocking the mission as a whole as it was really good but there were some less than choice gameplay decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    What happens when you get them all?
    All dogs go to heaven! Not that you're a dog, though - just an obscure Bluth reference.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast