TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ladytaker (Tales from the Cleft) (1 Dec 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    The problem is the elevator only works once for me - it comes down to the ground then sticks. After many attempts it did once rise up to the next level and stayed there.

In an attempt to get things moving I pushed a barrel all the way into the buildng and climbed to the next storey. The button there did nothing.
    There are two buttons on each level - one up, one down - on opposite sides of the platform. Perhaps you've missed one of them?

An oddity.

It's not a problem now because I've managed to get out but the objective: The locked storm drain in the canal will ruin your party. Unlock it before you enter the tomb. keeps disappearing. The first time it left me stuck in the tomb so I had to go back to an earlier save which, luckily, was on the roof. I'm now out in the canal but it has disappeared again.

Apart from that, I'm having a fantastic time!

There is something under Novice Gnarly's bed in the dorm room but I can't find the switch. Where to look? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimera View Post
    There is something under Novice Gnarly's bed in the dorm room but I can't find the switch. Where to look? Thanks!
    Everything you need is in the footlockers.

Elevator problem

Thanx ffox - now I can get on with the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    An oddity.

It's not a problem now because I've managed to get out but the objective: The locked storm drain in the canal will ruin your party. Unlock it before you enter the tomb. keeps disappearing. The first time it left me stuck in the tomb so I had to go back to an earlier save which, luckily, was on the roof. I'm now out in the canal but it has disappeared again.

Apart from that, I'm having a fantastic time!
    Not so odd. There is only so much room for objectives, so the objectives that are added when you get The Plan, and which you need to complete before you get the Mallet, are hidden again, after you have the Mallet.
    Otherwise, you would never see all of the wonderful Bonus objectives that you cleverly uncovered.

OK, I understand but I found that although I'd completed the gate objective, once the objective disappeared, the gate wasn't open in the sewer so I couldn't get out. I did a search here and couldn't find anything relevant so went back and checked my objectives and found it wasn't there anymore. I can repeat this getting stuck several times though possibly it might have something to do with checking my objectives halfway through. I don't know. I've just redone it to test and the objective disappeared after I got the mallet. And the gate is now shut and I'm stuck. Or rather I'm not as I did manage to do it all once.

And I've only got two wonderful bonuses so far!!!!

Clearinghouse
    Where the key for this safe?

OK, I understand but I found that although I'd completed the gate objective, once the objective disappeared, the gate wasn't open in the sewer so I couldn't get out. I did a search here and couldn't find anything relevant so went back and checked my objectives and found it wasn't there anymore. I can repeat this getting stuck several times though possibly it might have something to do with checking my objectives halfway through. I don't know. I've just redone it to test and the objective disappeared after I got the mallet. And the gate is now shut and I'm stuck. Or rather I'm not as I did manage to do it all once.

And I've only got two wonderful bonuses so far!!!!
    Don't know if its relevant but there are 2 openable grates exiting the tomb - one leads to your pre-opened gate (hopefully?!) and the other to the other locked drain gate - have you chosen the right one to jump in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimera View Post
    Use a water arrow on the torch next to his bed. Frob it.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Where the key for this safe?
    You have to find it. Who had it last?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Don't know if its relevant but there are 2 openable grates exiting the tomb - one leads to your pre-opened gate (hopefully?!) and the other to the other locked drain gate - have you chosen the right one to jump in?
    Thanks Sagittal but I did keep reloading and trying both. I thought perhaps there must be a switch inside to find, or perhaps if I closed those two then the other two might open and they'd be the right ones. But no, so, as I said, I reloaded an earlier save and did get through it. It's probably a blip peculiar to me.

Thanks Sagittal but I did keep reloading and trying both. I thought perhaps there must be a switch inside to find, or perhaps if I closed those two then the other two might open and they'd be the right ones. But no, so, as I said, I reloaded an earlier save and did get through it. It's probably a blip peculiar to me.
    shame. As you say hopefully you can continue with the time you did get through - and the objective thing is just a blip.

Well if people would just stop sending me messages about plants, I'd be able to get back to this fabulous mission.

My thanks for your help.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    You have to find it. Who had it last?
    I can't find... give me a small hint, Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I can't find... give me a small hint, Balboa
    Who lost it? Harrad Foggbottom

Who want's it? Bartlett, Truart, Garrett

Who had it last? Ginnie

Where is it now? Where's Ginnie?

It's probably a blip peculiar to me.
    Well, I can't reproduce it, but I know how to prevent it, if/when there is an update.

Great mission

It is a great mission which must have taken a lot of thinking...

But I cannot come further.

I have done:

Found Timmy and got the crate

Opened the gate at the hammer's site.

Found the chemical assistance.

I have got:

the plan
    Key to Upton Gate
    Key to Upton Precinct
    Novice Hammer
    Ursula's visions
    Note from Fat Timmy
    604 loot
    and the given items

I jumped over the hammer's wall into the cemetery, but could not find the tomb.

At the Knight's Repose, I could just let come down the ladder, I could not open the door.

I cannot enter through the opened gate under the hammer's site

I have not got any key for the Upton gate at the opposite side of the canal.

I cannot get on the balcony with the hammers mage.

So what is the next task I have to do that I can get further?

Many thanks
    Anmaron

Quote Originally Posted by Anmaron View Post
    So what is the next task I have to do that I can get further?

Many thanks
    Anmaron
    Sounds like you have to find and read the instructions for the chemical assistance.

Pay a visit to Verminatrix. Then you can head over to Great Tree Shrubbery for the only way into the Tomb.

The Knight's Repose door has to be opened by someone on the inside. You've got a ways to go before that happens.

I entered the Shrubbery, but wondered, why I could not do anything inside, so I went out again.

I used the verminatrix grenade for the Upton bobby because he wears a heavy helmet. Should that be used for the hammers? Then, I will begin for new.

But first, I will have a look at the shrubbery. Maybe I was only blind.

Thank you for the information.

Clearinghouse
    Who lost it? Harrad Foggbottom

Who want's it? Bartlett, Truart, Garrett

Who had it last? Ginnie

Where is it now? Where's Ginnie?
    Found it! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anmaron View Post
    Thank you for the information.
    Although you don't have to use the Vermin Buster to disable the Hammers inside the Tomb, you probably won't be able to take them all out with just your own equipment.

I'm a tad tired but still very much wanting to play. But I think I've allowed myself to be distracted. Is there a key anywhere near Ginnie? Is Ginnie the one in the sewers with the necklace and the rubble?

I'm a tad tired but still very much wanting to play. But I think I've allowed myself to be distracted. Is there a key anywhere near Ginnie? Is Ginnie the one in the sewers with the necklace and the rubble?
    Ginnie had a necklace from H, her devoted slave. She had a key from him, too.

Well, I can't reproduce it, but I know how to prevent it, if/when there is an update.
    Perhaps I should make it clear that this pc is 'borrowed'. All I've done which is all I have ever done since Windows 98, is copy and paste my T2 folder - through XP, Vista and now Windows 7. And it's worked every time with no problems apart from needing to apply DDFix on this Windows 7. But perhaps there's some oddness associated with my method of 'installing'.

As for Ginnie, I got the necklace and frobbed a bit of rubble, searched down through the depths - very cool that by the way - without finding anything, so obviously need to look some more.

This is my most favourite type of mission. Ability to explore and do what comes naturally (!) and get new objectives as and when I achieve something or find something!! My congratulations. I'm really enjoying trying to find things for myself. As I said, I got distracted searching for a solution to my disappearing objective and read too much!!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast