TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ladytaker (Tales from the Cleft) (1 Dec 2010)

yeah i was going to post since alot of people are having problems with movies for this fan mission,it would be nice if someone could see if its ok to put on youtube so i can see them?

Out of the Hammerite compound, above a double gate that does not open and leads to a staircase, there is a balcony with a woman in it. I have mantled up to the grassy patch next to it, am I supposed to be able to jump to the balcony from there or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Out of the Hammerite compound, above a double gate that does not open and leads to a staircase, there is a balcony with a woman in it. I have mantled up to the grassy patch next to it, am I supposed to be able to jump to the balcony from there or not?
    No. The fence is there because the grass is slippery, and you could slip and fall, and hurt yourself. Don't want any lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    No. The fence is there because the grass is slippery, and you could slip and fall, and hurt yourself. Don't want any lawsuits.
    Good to know, I wasn't sure if I had to be able to make the jump in order to continue, or if I was missing something somewhere else.

Ah, So at the Tree shrubbery I found the third elevator button at last. I always saw the metal plate and thought that it has to be a door, but I never got the clue.

Yes and I also had tried to jump upon the fence at the hammerite's balcon but I had fallen at least thirty times, so I gave up.

Actually I canīt find the secret with the big gem in the pagan area? How do I get there?

I have done all objectives already, so this last bonus objectives would be all that is missing. I might add, that I KOed or killed everybody in the game (except the bartender) and hope this doesnīt prevent me from finding this secret.

What a magnificent mission

I climbed up to several lower rooftops, but then the mission ends, so I guess that's not the way to go.
    I need the place where I can find the Inquisitor and how do I get into the room of the lady in the bathtub.

A bug perhaps?: In the frogbeast area my broadhead arrows can get a grip on the stone walls, af it they were made out of wood.

Last edited by Gloria Creep; 4th Dec 2010 at 18:15.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Florian - follow the canal most of the way downstream (like the dead woman did) & look for something burning on your right.

Gloria Creep:

1. Inquisitor: Read the letter dropped outside The Anvil.

2. Bathtub: You can't get in there - she's locked the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Florian - follow the canal most of the way downstream (like the dead woman did) & look for something burning on your right.
    Wow, thanks - I have been there before but back then this door did not open. What event did that actually?

Thanks ffox, I already read that letter several times and forgot about it.

So the entrance of the Anvil must be somewhere in the Hammerite's area???
    and is there a way into the cemetary, or is this just for a view?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    What event did that actually?
    You must have picked up something that let you open the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Thanks ffox, I already read that letter several times and forgot about it.

So the entrance of the Anvil must be somewhere in the Hammerite's area???
    and is there a way into the cemetary, or is this just for a view?

There are several entrances to the Anvil, but the only one open to Garrett is through the sewers.

Don't know how you were getting arrows to stick in stone walls. They must be really sharp. Just watch where you point them.

Don't know how you were getting arrows to stick in stone walls. They must be really sharp. Just watch where you point them. [/QUOTE]

but they really did

.... back to searching for the sewers again ..... I've been there .... forgot all about it I hope to find them soon

Another 20 minutes spent with this mission, and that was the clincher. Found all 16 Hammerite symbols and all 3 secrets, but was 130 short on loot.

Secret #1 is the oft-mentioned teleporter in Shantytown.
    Secret #2 is directly related to the 16 Hammerite Symbols.
    Secret #3 is directly connected to the 4th Bonus objective. To begin to search for it, you must know that it is something that is missing. IIRC, the starting clue is at the precinct.

EDIT: I also discovered that there's a 5th hidden objective, but it's not one you want to get, let alone complete.
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 4th Dec 2010 at 20:15.

I have done it! I had much fun! Great ideas, good work. I just stuck two or three times, but I did not have to reload, I came out every time by jumping in every direction while leaning or stooping. It did never take more than twenty seconds, as I estimate.

I have got out 1391 loot.
    The final Task, returning to the Bloated Burrick, did not get the green mark as I was reaching, even not throughout the whole place.

Thank you again for your help. Sometimes I do not understand the English texts, although they are usually pretty easy to understand. So I am often "schwer vor Begriff", as it is called in German, and I guess how to solve the tasks instead of knowing what is to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmaron View Post
    I have done it! I had much fun! Great ideas, good work. I just stuck two or three times, but I did not have to reload, I came out every time by jumping in every direction while leaning or stooping. It did never take more than twenty seconds, as I estimate.

I have got out 1391 loot.
    The final Task, returning to the Bloated Burrick, did not get the green mark as I was reaching, even not throughout the whole place.

Thank you again for your help. Sometimes I do not understand the English texts, although they are usually pretty easy to understand. So I am often "schwer vor Begriff", as it is called in German, and I guess how to solve the tasks instead of knowing what is to do.

"Schwer oder nicht!".... you can get to the garden section of the Bloated Burrick Inn through a path leading up to a frogbeast area. All other entries are blocked now.

Gloria Creep

I got in there, yes. But I did not get the final "task done"-mark. It is not important, I just wanted to tell if somebody is interested into knowing that.

Have a nice Sunday and much fun at playing!

I want to know one thing before I try this FM.

Is there anything in this one like crazy high places with no safe way down or fast water with no way out like there was at the beginning of Vandal?

I deleted Vandal because of those issues, so I never got to play the rest of it. Just tried it again tonight and it's the same crap all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    There are several entrances to the Anvil, but the only one open to Garrett is through the sewers.

Don't know how you were getting arrows to stick in stone walls. They must be really sharp. Just watch where you point them.
    You can almost leap to The Anvil's balcony from above and skulk about the Hammer cemetery, although you can't get out. Close but no cigar: the top of the Mausoleum (without the grappling hook) and the medium's back porch from across the canal. Sniping from the eaves of The Belching Burrick is handy and I'm trying to get down the chimney.

EDIT: Whee! Done, with a spare slow-fall potion. I'm usually a terrible roof-topper, but this one's pretty fun. Scouting orbs are destroyed by fire, it seems.

There's a map that hints on the precursor ruins on a table in the pub.
    Last edited by Printer's Devil; 4th Dec 2010 at 23:08.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    I want to know one thing before I try this FM.

Is there anything in this one like crazy high places with no safe way down or fast water with no way out like there was at the beginning of Vandal?

I deleted Vandal because of those issues, so I never got to play the rest of it. Just tried it again tonight and it's the same crap all over again.
    Yes, it's TESTING YOU alright, but it's playable
    You just need to remember all you read ....

and YES: It's worthwhile to play this FM!

It's awesome

Gloria Creep

this was a great mission but i think adding some regular people in town would have made it a bit more realistic,but in the end i was able to win mission with no problems,some of the timed events had me stumped but other wise just rechecking all areas always leads to something new

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmaron View Post
    I got in there, yes. But I did not get the final "task done"-mark.
    You have to read the note on the corner post of the bar. That will complete that objective and give you a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    No, nothing like that in this mission.

Station list and secret details?

Folks,

Balboa did a really great mission here - lots of twists and turns (literal and figurative). After winning at "hard" difficulty, I replayed it at "normal" difficulty to chase Hammer Stations. But, I only jumped from 3 to 12 Stations, and still only at 1 of 3 secrets, and found only two bonus objectives - a ruby the size of my fist and breaking the bank.

Hints, especially on the "missing item" secret and a Hammer Stations list, will be welcome when they arrive.

- prjames

What happens when you get all 16 hammers? Or rather, the effect?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast