TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ladytaker (Tales from the Cleft) (1 Dec 2010)

STUCK!

I'm running around the city. I've delivered Timmy to the pub, then I got nothing to do. I've been at Lions too. I see i need to open the public works grate but I got no key for it. I've also been in the cemetary where I met a ghost. I got the thing my friend mentioned he got from the war. I could nearly get to the bacony of the Anvil, but I can't. I've explored the canal, I picked a lock there too.

What to do?

Master Builder 2018
    It sounds like you need to read the note that came in Timmy's package. It's labelled "The Plan". You need to find/complete the items on that list. When you were in The Lions, did you get the Vermin Buster? If not, search the lower ducts. You will need to solve the elevator puzzle but it isn't difficult. Then you will need to go to Park street and to Verminatrix and read the instructions for the Vermin Buster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It sounds like you need to read the note that came in Timmy's package. It's labelled "The Plan". You need to find/complete the items on that list. When you were in The Lions, did you get the Vermin Buster? If not, search the lower ducts. You will need to solve the elevator puzzle but it isn't difficult. Then you will need to go to Park street and to Verminatrix and read the instructions for the Vermin Buster.
    I've got the Vermin Buster, yes, but got no instructions, instead a small text that says do not drop and it's not dangerous for humans. I'm at the roof of a house where is a machine, facing the tomb and I've read the plan but don't know what's next.

Master Builder 2018
    That small text is the instructions. There is a viewfinder on the machine. In other words, an eye piece for you to look into. For instructions, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post

Hints, especially on the "missing item" secret and a Hammer Stations list, will be welcome when they arrive.

- prjames

Some hints on the Hammer Stations. All are on vertical surfaces in pretty much plain view, outdoors :

6 are associated with the canal and its bridges as has been posted
    3 are in other areas on the East(Tomb) side of the canal
    7 are in other areas on the West (Inn) side of the canal including High Ende

Once you have them all you will be able to receive the Builders Blessing(s) and a "Secret Found"!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    I want to know one thing before I try this FM.

Is there anything in this one like crazy high places with no safe way down or fast water with no way out like there was at the beginning of Vandal?

I deleted Vandal because of those issues, so I never got to play the rest of it. Just tried it again tonight and it's the same crap all over again.
    CaptSyn,
    Sorry that you were stuck on Vandal. The two items you mention have easy solutions:

Safe way down - Climb down to the hanging platform, then jump over to the lower ladder. Garrett has fingers of steel!

Fast water - Just enjoy the ride. You'll stop at a grate. Look down, and grab the grate handle (that fell off) and use it to open the grate.

On the other hand, Ladytaker does have crazy high places, and fast water, so you takes your chances.

Thank you for this mission, Balboa, it was nice and unique, and sometimes hard to figure out!

An excellent mission! Very cleverly laid out!

Rant Warning! (Due to frustration & lack of patience.)

Aw rats! I think I'm hopelessly stuck!

1. Ginnie's body has become invisible (it's floating under the bridge) so I can't get whatever key it is that I need from her corpse. I can swim around & under it - it's like an invisible obstacle, but no matter how many times I frob or from what point there's just no key to be had and no key on the floor of the canal either.

2. The apothecary shop didn't explode. That bug alone makes me think I'm going to have to restart the whole mission since Timmy tells Garrett to visit that particular shop. I think the exploding shop sequence got screwed up because I saved right before I approached the guard standing in front of the shop - I'd previously gone thru the explosion sequence just before that, but the explosion killed me, so I had to start from a previous save, then saved right before I approached that guard. After that the shop refused to explode. I've since saved over that save that would have allowed me to go thru the sequence the correct way.

3. I can't find a frobbable grate to the sewers anywhere.

4. I have no idea what the hell to do with the plant shop key! I guess I cheated by hitting the plant shop doors with my sword til they opened and then found the key outside in the planter (duh). I've been over every square inch of the plant shop, but nothing else is there except some metal doors in the ceiling that aren't frobbable nor is there a lock, switch, or button to make them open. Did I just create a new bug by not using the key to open the plant shop doors?

5. Maybe I'm just having a 'gosh, I am really stupid' day, but I know I'm supposed to be able to get to the tavern roof and can't for the life of me find a way up there. I've kind of cheated (again) by reading some spoilers which indicate that the machine I need to use to get into the Hammer place is on top of the tavern; but all I see is a square metal thingy attached by ropes/cables to the ceiling of the tavern, but no way to get up there.

6. The first three objectives have ticked off (been thru the Lions & got the verminator thingy, but don't know where to use it yet; have also been thru the portal to the apebeast place but found nothing there), and I've lost count of the number of Hammer 'stations' I've activated (I know it hasn't been 16 tho). I'm a little hissy because the red hammers are so obscure & hard to see & there's so many of them, but I'm not even sure if completing the activation of the Hammer stations is even integral to the game. Is it necessary to complete those stations?

I'm beyond frustrated because it's looking like I'm going to have to restart the whole mission due to the above mentioned bugs, which sucks because I've been playing for over an hour & a half. So do I just restart the whole thing at this point?

P.S. All of the above issues aside, it's a great FM - it has held my interest for over an hour and a half, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    plant shop key! I guess I cheated by hitting the plant shop doors with my sword til they opened and then found the key outside in the planter (duh).
    That is what happened to me, too.
    I've been over every square inch of the plant shop, but nothing else is there except some metal doors in the ceiling that aren't frobbable nor is there a lock, switch, or button to make them open. Did I just create a new bug by not using the key to open the plant shop doors?
    No, there is another elevator button in the first floor, on the left side. I have not found it for a long time, too.

Wow, Dia. And I tried so hard to not add any zombies.
    So, let's see, here.

1. That's not Ginnie, it's Ursula, and she doesn't have a key. Her body is probably at the bottom of the canal, after falling off an invisible raft that made her float down the canal. You can ignore the invisible raft, and all you can find on Ursula's corpse is her appointment book - which has some clues, but isn't essential.

2. The apothecary shop didn't explode because you saved during the conversation. Other than ruining the pyrotechniques, it doesn't affect the mission, much. A restore to an earlier save is the only 'fix'.

3. One grate in the canal has a pickable lock. The Plan tells you to open it. The other grate, to the sewers, needs a key which you can't get until after you have the Mallet.

4. You use the plant shop key on the plant shop doors. You get on the lift. You press the up button. You go up. You press another up button. The roof doors open. You go up.

5. There is nothing on the tavern roof but the tavern chimney. The arbalest is on the roof on the plant shop.

6. The hammer stations are a bonus. A nice bonus, but a bonus.

Bottom line is that you don't have to restart. you'r only about half-way through. Hope you find the rest to be less frustrating.

And there are no zombies. At least, no real ones.

Warning! Huge spoiler!

After I played this mission, I took a look into it in Dromed, and discovered an area with marble floors and a patrolling fire elemental. I completed the mission without even seeing this place ingame, how could I miss it, what else I am missing, and how to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    how to get there?
    You need to be very devout. And persistant!

I think I'll repeat Balboa's hint about finding the Hammerite Stations, as it helped me find the last one. Namely, that you can draw a direct line of sight from every hammer symbol to the large hammer on top of the tomb where the Mallet is kept.

Dia: Regarding the apebeast area: Look up.

Knight's Repose

Hi there,

I'm completely stuck. How do I gain entry to the Knight's Repose?
    I have 2 objectives open:
    1) Help Eleanore
    2) Give the Evidence to the Inquisitor
    So I have done everything else, the rosary, the mallet, the Lions, etc.
    High up on a ledge of the Knight's Repose building I can see an open door - but how can I reach it?

Please help me ...
    thank you in advance
    Urumo

Urumo
    At the Knight's repose The ladder comes down when you push the red button beneath the ladder with an arrow.

The Evidence has to be laid in the crate which contains the picture. It is in one of the rooms in the Repose

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    EDIT: I also discovered that there's a 5th hidden objective, but it's not one you want to get, let alone complete.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but...any hints?

"You Garrett?"

*KLONK*

Taffer.

Thanks Balboa (& U.Cat). I did manage to find a previous save & was able to trigger the explosion.

In reference to Ginnie: I knew that the corpse floating in the canal by the boat was that of Ursula, however further down the canal under the bridge there's an invisible object that juts out from the stone wall; one which you cannot swim thru but have to go around. I took this to be Ginnie's corpse, since I haven't found Ginnie as yet.

And thank you Balboa for no zombies!!!

EDIT: Just found Ginnie. Omg. Gave me a start when I landed in the deeper part of the sewer & came face-to-face with her corpse!
    Last edited by Dia; 5th Dec 2010 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Some hints on the Hammer Stations. All are on vertical surfaces in pretty much plain view, outdoors :

6 are associated with the canal and its bridges as has been posted
    3 are in other areas on the East(Tomb) side of the canal
    7 are in other areas on the West (Inn) side of the canal including High Ende

Once you have them all you will be able to receive the Builders Blessing(s) and a "Secret Found"!
    As best I can tell, I have all the ones on the East and West sides of the canal. I only have 2 of the canal/bridge stations - both of which are on bridges - one on the big bridge near the start of the mission and one on the "Hammer's bridge" between the central tomb and High street.

Are any of these underwater, or accessed from the water?

To partially answer my own question, the one by the bottom of the fishing pole is accessed from the surface of the water, so now I'm at 13/16. I now suspect I may have missed one of the "east of canal" and one of the "west of canal" because the two on either side of the canal accessed from the ground near the canal entrance I counted as east and west of the canal, respectively.

- prjames
    Last edited by prjames; 5th Dec 2010 at 17:37. Reason: found one

I've been at this game too long!!!! I used up my only slow fall potion to come down to the altar in the dome-thingy. There is some kind of a seal on the altar but no mallet. So, I took a dive and kept playing and all but finished the mission. Where is the mallet if not there? If its there, why can't I see it in the mad rush to get away from the guards? I have finished everything else in this game and do NOT want to reload back to where I used that potion. Someone said they had two slow fall potions. If there are two and that IS where the mallet is, can someone tell me where the potions are so I can make a second assault?

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    I've been at this game too long!!!! I used up my only slow fall potion to come down to the altar in the dome-thingy. There is some kind of a seal on the altar but no mallet. So, I took a dive and kept playing and all but finished the mission. Where is the mallet if not there? If its there, why can't I see it in the mad rush to get away from the guards? I have finished everything else in this game and do NOT want to reload back to where I used that potion. Someone said they had two slow fall potions. If there are two and that IS where the mallet is, can someone tell me where the potions are so I can make a second assault? [/
    The second one is much later in the game, in the Anvil - under a bed in the novice dorm, but you'll lose a lot of health dropping down an elevator shaft if you don't use that potion right away when leaving said dorm.

In the dome thingy, look closely at each side of the tomb. On one side of the tomb, is a knob that opens one of the glass sides and allows you to get the mallet.

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    I've been at this game too long!!!! I used up my only slow fall potion to come down to the altar in the dome-thingy. There is some kind of a seal on the altar but no mallet. So, I took a dive and kept playing and all but finished the mission. Where is the mallet if not there? If its there, why can't I see it in the mad rush to get away from the guards? I have finished everything else in this game and do NOT want to reload back to where I used that potion. Someone said they had two slow fall potions. If there are two and that IS where the mallet is, can someone tell me where the potions are so I can make a second assault?
    The Mallet is in the hands of the Unknown Hammer. You have to open the catafalque to get it.
    Generally, the idea was to use the Vermin Buster on the Hammers, but if you need to make a second attempt, you could either
    check out the ruins of the Apothecary
    or
    climb down the chandalier cable in the Tomb, then jump the rest of the way.

Thank you Sagittal! Got it.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast