TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 454596469747984899499100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2810

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Thanks for the tip. You were right! Somehow on the new install it was turned off. Weird as I always have everything on but oh well fixed now.

Zombified
    no change in the option from the TFix side, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    64 (auto) is what I would recommend.
    That caused the text to be too small at 4K.
    Also, I have 1.25d and restart at the beginning of every level save, that is a restart from the menu where it says restart, and there are many hanging torches that are now inextinguishable as they emit light but have no flame and when shot at with a water arrow don't douse. It hasn't been an issue, although strange and I didn't remember it being so common, until a specific room in Thieves Guild where I was always capable of dousing the torch and blackening the room, so now it's a lot harder there. I can live with it, but is this a bug or did you change which can be extinguished? I can provide a screenshot if you want.

Also just to clarify, Ultimate Difficulty Mod without 1.2 HD mod's version is unplayable with TFix, yes?

Zombified
    it's probably playable in a sense that the game wouldn't break to the point of not being completable, but it's very safe to say that things will not work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    That caused the text to be too small at 4K.
    interesting - any chance you could do some comparison screenshots with various settings? like off, on 64 value, on 1920 1080 value, maybe on 800 600 value..
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    a restart from the menu where it says restart, and there are many hanging torches that are now inextinguishable as they emit light but have no flame and when shot at with a water arrow don't douse
    a video would be nice (the restarting part included), as there is just no way this could happen with a level properly restarted.

it's probably playable in a sense that the game wouldn't break to the point of not being completable, but it's very safe to say that things will not work properly.

interesting - any chance you could do some comparison screenshots with various settings? like off, on 64 value, on 1920 1080 value, maybe on 800 600 value..

a video would be nice (the restarting part included), as there is just no way this could happen with a level properly restarted.
    Screenshots are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pH...3Ass4-FwQ7SHnA
    Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxjY...isBirdHasFlown

I would've shown more cases on the video but Australian internet is pathetic and it took about half an hour just to upload 100mb. Restarting is shown at the beginning and the lights are shown around the end. A few things I forgot about, this was after uninstalling the HD mod 1.2 with the uninstaller, not manually, and as I kept playing I noticed that one of the torches that had the same issue when I played before being unlit but emitting light was acting normally again. The two shown on the video acted this way the 3 times I played.

Zombified
    hmm.. still think the text looks the best with 64, but preferences differ, I suppose.

the video shows the interactive candles not working, which is a different thing. I'm guessing repatching with TFix (make sure interactive candles are selected) and restarting the level should finally fix it - if not, a clean new TG install definitely will.

hmm.. still think the text looks the best with 64, but preferences differ, I suppose.

the video shows the interactive candles not working, which is a different thing. I'm guessing repatching with TFix (make sure interactive candles are selected) and restarting the level should finally fix it - if not, a clean new TG install definitely will.
    I imagine it'd look good at native 4K, but as I also forgot to mention in my second comment I was using DSR on a 1080p monitor so it's hard to make out.

Thanks, I'm playing with HD mod atm anyway so it's all sorted. I'll keep that in mind for future playthroughs.

Thanks for TFix

Hi Voodoo and any others who's work is in the patch.

Thanks so much for this.

I'm nearing the end of my first play through of Thief since the late 90's.
    This will be the first time I finish the game, as at this point I see no reason why I won't.
    Return to the Cathedral is currently kicking my butt a bit, so I thought I'd take a quick time out and thank you for the effort.

The game is running great, and I'm having an absolutely wonderful time with it.

All the best you taffers!

Return to the Cathedral was definitely one of the harder ones, but it's a great mission.
    Glad you're finally finishing the game.

Zombified
    yeah.

Is there any reason why when I installed this into my TDP it gave me all the Gold map files? I don't *particularly* care, but it was odd seeing a fire haunt in Bonehoard and getting to fool around on little big world with the Sword.

Zombified
    it's because I don't want to maintain multiple instances of the levels if it can be helped (currently 3, and even those can be a pita sometimes), so TFix T1 will always be pretty much just TG in disguise. as the TG maps are basically T1 maps with more fixes, I see this as a good thing.

Well, while I appreciate the work for the patch I disagree on this.
    I also donīt like the fact that there are the fireshadows in the TDP version.
    They are more a nuisance than any good, I never had any issues with lacking fire arrows, even when destroying the zombies.
    Therefore it would be good to remove them from the TDP levels, and the Sword can also be reverted to the original state.
    Either there should be a version specific for TDP or the patcher would recognize that it is TDP and donīt apply these changes. Would be nice to have that in the future. It shouldnīt be that much to remove one specific enemy from the levels.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It's not like voodoo just dropped the TG missions in as is, there are a ton of fixes made which he would have to go back and redo in the T1 versions of the maps. So it's not as simple as you're making it sound.

Yes, that is ok, but I think just removing the fireshadows wonīt be that big issue. If it is too much to remove Little Big World area in the Sword, it would be ok to just remove the 20 loot from it and make the max loot count again 2636 instead of 2656.

Quote Originally Posted by Udo View Post
    Yes, that is ok, but I think just removing the fireshadows wonīt be that big issue. If it is too much to remove Little Big World area in the Sword, it would be ok to just remove the 20 loot from it and make the max loot count again 2636 instead of 2656.
    And what about talismans? They are more essential than just a fireshadow and a big living room.

Why not just use a pure newdark configuration for TDP?

Zombified
    yes, all of that would be doable, but I think it's just not worth the effort - TG is, and always will be my main focus. T1 compatibility is an afterthought, some people asked for it, so I've investigated a bit, and decided to support T1 in a very limited way - basically, just making sure a TFix patched T1 install doesn't load any TG maps and is completable without major problems. that is as far as it goes, and will ever go - if you are not satisfied with this, you can always use TFix lite, which will only install NewDark and apply the minimum amount of critical fixes, making your game as vanilla as possible (no extras like fully overhauled maps or interactive candles, of course).

future TFix releases will most likely try to unify the assets even more, using custom scripts and some dml trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    And what about talismans? They are more essential than just a fireshadow and a big living room.
    The two talismans levels are not changed, therefore they have two talismans, not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandall View Post
    Why not just use a pure newdark configuration for TDP?
    I wouldnīt mind that, but most levels are identical. Still the issue is here with the three specific levels mentioned. Fireshadows just donīt belong in TDP. A patch to remove them and some solution for the Sword would be fine.

Zombified
    they actually do, as they are fully present in the T1 resource files, suggesting that LG had plans to include them long before TG became a thing.

anyway, if they bother you that much, you can simply grab the unstripped T1 vanilla levels (miss4.mis and miss6.mis) and drop them into your TFixed install. that will get rid of the fireshadows in Bonehoard and all the extra areas in the Sword. and not break the game, probably.

they actually do, as they are fully present in the T1 resource files, suggesting that LG had plans to include them long before TG became a thing.

anyway, if they bother you that much, you can simply grab the unstripped T1 vanilla levels (miss4.mis and miss6.mis) and drop them into your TFixed install. that will get rid of the fireshadows in Bonehoard and all the extra areas in the Sword. and not break the game, probably.
    When a new version of TFix?
    There are currently some 20 new bugs or not-really-bugs to fix and itīs been a long time...

Zombified
    hard to tell, my time is extremely limited at the moment. late summer, hopefully.

Just want to toss my 2 cents in:

I reinstalled Thief Gold after way-too-long and ran TFix to get it going. Since then, every time I start the game I think, "I need to go post about this" but an hour later I'm still thieving and I forget.

Anyway, just want to say this is the most gorgeous I have ever seen TDP or Thief Gold. Very well done and appreciated!

Okay, that about 5 cents... :-)

Question... I'm looking to play Thief onstream on Friday, but I want the old feel to be intact. I saw an impressive HD mod, but I just couldn't bring myself to consider it because the wonderful bluish tint to the stone and greenish tint to the bricks was lost. Not sure if it was this one or another.

Is there any sort of HD mod for purists who like color, or are we out of luck?

Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 454596469747984899499100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast