TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 146469747984899499104109110111112113114
Results 2,826 to 2,845 of 2845

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CK-...ew?usp=sharing

Not long ago I reported having a problem with a door (custom HD door) which vanished when being opened in Song of the Caverns mission.
    And you gave me a solution which worked:

ObjProp 671 "RotDoor"
    {
    "Open Angle" 275
    }

Now in new miss17.dml for TFix 1.27 the line is:

ObjProp 671 "RotDoor"
    {
    "Open Angle" 272.00
    }

Should I stay with Angle 275 in my case?

Also in new miss9.dml I dont see this option:

//the bridge should have sounds (different setup needed for T1 vs TG!!)

Is it now hardcoded into miss9.miss?

Zombified
    272 should be enough. the logs look ok, I see no reason why those lamps should be mantleable - will investigate. //nope, unable to replicate (lights in Undercover not mantleable as soon as gamesys.dml is in the OSM folder).

yeah, the miss9 bridge fix has been simplified, unified and applied to the missions directly.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 3rd Jul 2019 at 12:46.

Mantleing there in Lost City and not lava sound in that area in Dark Project in particular

https://drive.google.com/file/d/113O...ew?usp=sharing

I have gamesys.dml in the OSM folder and only there (about Undercover)
    Or you mean miss10.mis.dml ?!

Zombified
    ok, figured Undercover out - it's actually the geometry that can be mantled, not the lights. maybe I'll add some blockers.

no sound = room brushes. uck.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dtV...ew?usp=sharing

There are many different objects that are manteable and Ive been happy with that.

Zombified
    those haven't been dml'd yet. I think.

anyway, as mentioned before, there is no way I'm exploit-proofing the entire game, so unless it's causing real problems..

Is this something "expectable"?
    Under Tfix 1.27

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1atW...ew?usp=sharing

Voodoo which convict.osm have you got in the latest TFix ND1.27?

I have been testing a mission and discovered my TG install (patched with TFix 1.27) had the old T1 convict.osm (1069 MB) in it causing a problem with a secret door. I d/l TFix ND1.27 this morning and re-patched my TG install and my convict.osm was still (1069 MB). Found the newer convict in an old 1.26 install, pasted it into my TG install and the secret door worked correctly. So re-installed TFix ND1.27 again and bingo my convict.osm went back to the old 1069 MB size, suggesting to me you've included the old convict.osm in the latest TFix.

If you have the bigger sized convict.osm in TFix why on earth would my TG install contain the smaller convict.osm after patching with TFix 1.27?
    Last edited by fortuni; 30th Oct 2019 at 09:46.

Zombified
    no idea, but there is zero chance of TFix installing the old convict by mistake (double checked, the newer convict is always force-installed into the root. old convict should be present as oldconvict.osm in FMdml). must have been manual tweaking some time after patching up (maybe adding old convict into the OSM folder by mistake).

Certainly wasn't manually tweaking, all I did was patch with TFix 1.27 and hey presto my TG install had the old convict in place. All rather strange

Zombified
    well, it's physically impossible, so universe broken, I suppose?

anyway, try repatching and see whether it happens again.

Why do you always have to sign off with a dismissive and sarcastic remark?

I've patched 4 different TG installs with TFix 1.27 including TFix lite and on every occasion old convict.osm was installed, so no it's not physically impossible it's happened 4 times, so maybe as TFix dev you should fully investigate the matter as it is possible for old convict to be installed by error and it may also happening with other players, even if it's a rare occurrence it's a potentially game breaking issue.

In the mean time I advise all players to check their main TG installs to make sure they have the right convict.osm in place.

If you have a convict file in your main TG folder, size 1069 KB or 1.04 MB, then you have the old convict file you need to replace it with the good convict (1167MB or 1.13KB) available here
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q_...T_oVlh39RppAU7
    Last edited by fortuni; 31st Oct 2019 at 06:32.

I have checked my Thief 1 folder (French version) patched with TFix.

I've got in the main folder a CONVICT.OSM (1.13MB) (1167 KB, exactly 1 194 364 Bytes).

I've got in the FMdml folder located inside the main folder, an oldconvict.osm (1.04MB) (1069 KB, exactly 1 094 508 Bytes).
    For a true and 1st quality work, I translate FMs in french without using Google Translate!! No cheat, just brain.

Zombified
    that is correct.

it wasn't my intention to sound sarcastic and/or dismissive, but the (old convict) file just isn't there (I've actually took apart the installer to make triple sure, you can do the same, opening the exe with 7zip as an archive), so the patcher can't install it. also, lite doesn't install ANY kind of convict - the only idea I have is that you already have the old convict in the install you are trying to patch, and something (security?) is preventing the patcher from overwriting the file (having whatever convict file you have there set to read only is not enough, the patcher will still overwrite it with the proper file, I've checked).

//about the zombie issue I keep forgetting to address - looks like the zombie (238) is pseudo-dead for some reason (M-ZombiePossum is set). unless this can be replicated at will, there isn't much I can do (the entire zombie resurrection is one giant can of worms that barely works). after snooping around a bit, I think this is related to efficiency (AIs being frozen when the player is too far away), and basically is an edge case scenario that needs to be tolerated, as the alternative is zombie resurrection not working at all.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 1st Nov 2019 at 09:33.

Voodoo, I have just re-installed TFix again in order to check a query from LaughingMan here and this time the good convict installed, so just haven't a bleeding scoobie why the old convict keep installing a few days ago, but hopefully from now on all will be good.

Zombified
    yeah. would perhaps check whatever source install you were patching earlier, just to see what kind of convict is there (maybe win10 was being dumb again and seeing the new file as suspicious, restored the previous version without asking), but one way or another, I don't think I can do anything to make this more bulletproof - the patcher already is force-installing the larger convict even if your TG install has the file set to read only, as mentioned.

I dont know what's wrong.

I installed the TFix 1.27 and I use a water arrow to put out fireplace in first mission and torches and the fire goes out but the room stays lighted and when walking through the hallway on the top floor there is a torch lit but the area is dark. This is for all torches and fireplaces I think. Is there a patch I need to install to fix this please help me? I hope this gets fixed its not possible to play thief Gold like this.

Zombified
    as mentioned in the first post, you need to restart the current mission by hitting the restart button in the game menu, or, in your case (this being the first level), just start a completely new game.

ZylonBane
    I just have to laugh at him sincerely asking if there's a patch to fix the patch. Sure buddy, just download TFixFix. Then TFixFixFix. Finally, TFixFixFixFix.

Zombified
    technically, it can happen - if memory serves, one TFix release broke steam support, and a tiny patch was available for a couple of hours until I found the problem, fixed it, and pushed a new build out.

or he could be asking for a patch that could fix his current save, but that is, for all practical purposes, not doable/feasible.

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 146469747984899499104109110111112113114