TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565707580859095100105110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2878

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    are you forcing something via your gpu control panel? if so, you shouldn't. or maybe you disabled v-sync in the cfg files?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    are you forcing something via your gpu control panel? if so, you shouldn't. or maybe you disabled v-sync in the cfg files?
    I'm not forcing anything, and I haven't disabled v-sync... it is a very odd microstutter.

Zombified
    there are quite a few v-sync/physfreq/fpslimit settings in cam_ext.cfg, I'd try to have shot at those.

there are quite a few v-sync/physfreq/fpslimit settings in cam_ext.cfg, I'd try to have shot at those.
    Everything I've tried either didn't do anything, or made it worse. I have no idea why I seem to be the only one having this. Are my eyes too sensitive or what?...

Zombified
    there is pretty much an infinite amount of os/driver/hw combinations out there, some are bound to work worse than most.

try to rename cam_ext.cfg to something else (ex. _cam_ext.cfg), this will force the engine to run in a super-legacy mode (voodoo3 compatible!), and see whether this will make things better or worse. if they get better, you can create a blank cam_ext.cfg, and copy-paste all the original cam_ext.cfg variables into it one by one, until you get to those that are causing issues on your system.

yes, tedious, but I don't think you have any other option at this point.

"Make sure to restart your current mission after patching (clicking the "restart" button in the save/load menu)."

Why is this important? What if I patch and do not restart the current fan mission? Also, can I use "older" gamesaves? Thank you.

Zombified
    if the mission has been directly modified by the patcher, old saves will be broken (incorrect lighting, possibly missing objects etc). so ideally, you want to patch up right after completing a mission, so you won't lose any progress when you restart the current one.

fan missions saves should be ok though, as TFix only modifies the original missions.

I have a question about FM dml fixes. Are they installed automatically? Or do I need to put correct dml files into FM folder?

Zombified
    installed and activated automatically, and up to date (as far as I'm aware) - you should have a FMdml folder in your TG root folder after patching up. to get the dmls out of the way (should that be required for whatever reason), rename or delete it.

Thanks.

I tried playing around on an old save of Song of Caverns after installing TFix.

Lighting was of course broken all over, but most interestingly the two candles in Raoul's hut, which usually aren't lit, are lit up. It actually makes the place look quite nice.

Zombified
    yeah, that's how things work - patching mid-game is not supported. to fix this, you need to restart the current mission by hitting the restart mission button in the menu, possibly losing a bit of progress - that's why you always want to patch up right after you finish a mission.

yeah, that's how things work - patching mid-game is not supported. to fix this, you need to restart the current mission by hitting the restart mission button in the menu, possibly losing a bit of progress - that's why you always want to patch up right after you finish a mission.
    Oh I know, I'm just doing it out of curiosity I loaded a Return to Cathedral save, and was able to drop my loot. Really interesitng.

Zombified
    it's quite safe to say that patching mid-game (and not restarting the mission) can have a very wide variety of (interesting) consequences.

I noticed a few changes in TFix which I wonder were intentional or not.

Assassins in particular seems to be missing some shadows. The guard room usually has a cross shaped shadow in the middle which you could use to sneak across. Ramirez's basement chamber is also missing the shadow in the center and corner where the key is.

https://imgur.com/W3TOPUZ

https://imgur.com/GleVb02

Thieves' Guild, I'm not entirely certain on this one because my memory of the mission is quite foggy, but I'm pretty sure the entrance here usually has a shadow on the left corner which provides complete shadow, even without needing to douse the torch.

https://imgur.com/WDBQ0e7

They do certainly make the missions more challenging, which is why I half suspected these changes might be intentional, but I remember Klatremus' recent Thief Gold ghost series, having no such changes despite having TFix. I wonder why that is.

I should mention, these screenshots were taken on a computer which had TFix installed after having played through the original, but missions have been restarted. I also tried installing TFix straightaway on a different computer with a clean install of Thief, and the same changes are visible there too. These are the latest versions of TFix available both on the TTLG thread, and ModDB.

Zombified
    not intentional, and planning to tweak them to be closer to the original.

Hi there,
    I had to finish the Escape mission with the cheat.
    Reading the book (in the tree house thingie, on the floor) did not complete that objective.
    Now, I have the HD Mod installed, too, so that might be the actual culprit, but I decided to start here.
    Anyone else having the same issue with the GOG.com+TFix+HDMod combo?
    Thank you!

Zombified
    yes, any hdmod map issue is out of my hands. do double check whether you have truly read the correct book before reporting to Gecko though.

Never heard something simular. I think it was the wrong book. Please check it again!

As far as I know, there are only two treehouses on that level and only one of them has a book in it on the floor with Constantine's notes.

But thanks, I will check it at the next playthru (overwrote the save already).

Quote Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
    As far as I know, there are only two treehouses on that level and only one of them has a book in it on the floor with Constantine's notes.

But thanks, I will check it at the next playthru (overwrote the save already).
    No, there are 3 treehouses. Third is in separate cave somewhere after spider caves. It's protected by 2 bugbeasts and 2 frogs. You need to explore caves more carefully.

I've seen this question before but I don't remember seeing an answer: How to fix the flickering menu title screen in FMs that have a custom one?

Zombified
    I'm guessing you mean the custom animated Thief Gold screen that's been just a static image in vanilla.

quick: go \TG\PATCHES\intrface.crf\english\ and delete all the extra 19 main_ pcx files (leaving only Main_1.pcx).
    proper: edit the FM, find its custom title screen, make 20 copies and name them Main_1.pcx - Main_20.pcx.

I'll check whether I can mtl do something about it. //nope, doesn't seem like the logo screen can be mtl'd in any way.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 17th May 2020 at 13:29.

The quick way works well enough, thanks. An mtl would be welcome.

I noticed there are still .dml files included for all the missions in the TFixLite version. What exactly do those do?

Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565707580859095100105110111112113114115116 LastLast