TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 21717681869196101106111116117118119120121
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3015

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Sort of, I got nobbled by the old place the explosive by the gate and blow it open. Oh wait the bomb needs to be in just the right spot bug/problem from the original 98 release

Is there a way to remove the "Save Succesful" message when quick saving the game?

Zombified
    \RES\intrface.crf\english\GAMESAV.STR see whether the game will allow you to change success: "Save Successful" into success: " "

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    \RES\intrface.crf\english\GAMESAV.STR see whether the game will allow you to change success: "Save Successful" into success: " "
    Thanks. I could open and edit the lines, but found no way to modify the the interface.crf. Any suggestion for a tool which can edit and save the file?

Zombified
    ideally, you'd pull GAMESAV.STR out of the crf using 7zip, and then place it into \usermods\intrface\english\ then modify the line (notepad/notepad2 can opens str files no problem), and that should be it, you are now loading the modified strings as a mod. vanilla crfs should be left alone really.

ideally, you'd pull GAMESAV.STR out of the crf using 7zip, and then place it into \usermods\intrface\english\ then modify the line (notepad/notepad2 can opens str files no problem), and that should be it, you are now loading the modified strings as a mod. vanilla crfs should be left alone really.
    Do I have to set the path in some file or just the .str in the usermods folder. Doesn't seem to work.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomorph View Post
    Is there a way to remove the "Save Succesful" message when quick saving the game?
    Are you quick-saving so much that seeing that message on the screen fills you with shame?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Are you quick-saving so much that seeing that message on the screen fills you with shame?
    Doesn't look good on video recordings, even if done only a handful of times. Also to keep the immersion, since I have all HUD disabled (health and vis-gem, except the items that can be cleared when not in use).

Also, shame.

Zombified
    note that you will have to create the proper folders inside the usermods folder.
    pull GAMESAV.STR out of intrface.crf using 7zip, and then place it into \usermods\intrface\english\ then modify the line (notepad/notepad2 can opens str files no problem), and that should be it, you are now loading the modified strings as a mod.
    checked and it works, just make sure to replace the text with a space. my str has a custom bit of text; https://i.imgur.com/BLgrzj0.jpeg

your GAMESAV.STR should look like this;
    Code:
    save: "Save"
    done: "Done"

unused: "< EMPTY >"

initial: "Select a file to save."
    saving: "Saving..."

success: " "
    failure: "Save Failed"

quick_save: "(Quick Save)"

no_disk_space: "Not Enough Disk Space"

Thank you, voodoo47, it works indeed. I made a typo on a folder.

Took the opportunity to make the map background black. Nice you can mod things like that, but I can't find the UI sounds. I'd like to remove the engine/steam noise from the menus.

Zombified
    create \snd\sfx\ folder under usermods, and create 4 empty text files there, rename them to METALP1.WAV, METALP2.WAV, METALP3.WAV, METALP4.WAV, make sure you are also changing the extensions (so you need to end up with METALP1.WAV, not METALP1.WAV.txt etc).

Thanks! Much quieter now.

For the next version of TFix, and T2Fix, a few changes will be needed for the Tools folder:
    "3ds to bin" - spaces need to be removed from the folder name. Some of the commands run by the program don't take spaces into account, which prevents custom AI meshes being created.

"ConvMaster 1.1.1" - old version. The latest version is here: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2368895

"DEOCI v1.4.1" - has been replaced with new program: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149975. This takes a limitation of Blender into account (a useful plugin for an old version is yet to be updated for the new versions, but there's an alternative in place)

"GoalMaster 1.0" - minor update, current version is 1.01: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145938

"OldDark Installs" - it's not clear why this folder exists

edit: another fix requried for Dromed:
    cmds\Starup.cmd:
    ; Light Terrain
    light_bright

; Light Objects
    lit_obj_toggle

I don't think there should be anything in there to set the lighting. The user can do that themselves. However, if there is to be something in there, it should be "toggle_lighting" only (this does terrain and objects. light_bright and lit_obj_toggle are obsolete).

I think the only commands that should be in there are "set_ignore_filters 1" and "toggle_book_autoreload".

edit2: this is, of course, based on the Dromed Basic toolkit. The Dromed comments above (and a few I was about to go on about) have mostly been mentioneed here:
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=141708&page=5
    Last edited by R Soul; 5th Dec 2021 at 15:46.

Zombified
    sure. keep updating your post if you find more stuff.

Enhanced AI Option

I like a bit more challenge & realistic AI for the guards, so I have been using this option via the NewDark Graphics Settings. In the original missions, the guards are often way to dumb. But I have to say the way this option works in game can often be quite ridiculous. I think it needs some tweaking. Is this something to address here, to the authors of new dark, or of the HDMOD?

For example:

1) In complete shadow 40 ft away from a guard, shoot an arrow into the opposite wall to make noise to distract them. What do they do? They walk not to the noise, but they walk directly to you in the deep shadow where you have not moved.

2) A guard is down the hall in a 90 degree bend (L-shapped hall) where he cannot see you, you jump up and down on the tile floor to draw his attention. He hears you down the hall, you quietly creep (on wood or carpet) into a niche in the wall that is about 10 ft deep in total shadow. He never saw you, yet the guard will walk right up to you in the niche in shadow and see you in total darkness. He will not walk straight or to the other side of the hall (where there is another niche) first.
    Last edited by Estel Randir; 12th Dec 2021 at 17:23.

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 21717681869196101106111116117118119120121