TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23737883889398103108113118119120121122123
Results 3,051 to 3,058 of 3058

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    I do not see a cone angle of 10 or lower anywhere. anyway, it's pretty much this, you want to cripple them by half? lower all the (cone angle, range, z angle) vision numbers by fifty percent.

Cone #: Angle is the width of this Cone.
    Cone #: Z Angle is the height of this Cone.
    Cone #: Range is the maximum distance at which the AI can see with this cone.
    Cone #: Acuity specifies how fast the AI's vision in this Cone 'decays' the higher the value, the quicker the AI reaches higher alertness levels.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I do not see a cone angle of 10 or lower anywhere.
    Per npc, there are 10 different cones. That was what he was referring to. I am curious why are there 10 different cones - the npc only has 2 "eyes". Are they for different conditions throughout the game (I.E. npc on ground, npc on roof top, npc outside, npc inside, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Estel Randir View Post
    I am curious why are there 10 different cones - the npc only has 2 "eyes".
    Because the cone definitions are static.
    There's your standard peripheral vision, then, there are different variations on alertness level.
    They are not active at the same time - the 'current' one is selected based on the current state of the NPC. (calm, suspicious, alert, whatever these states might be)

I've been having my first playthrough of Thief Gold in years with the latest TFIX, EP2 and the enhanced sounds pack. Have really been enjoying the return but have encountered some very funky AI behaviour in Assassins.

A few of the guards were, frankly, omniscient and would spin around and start running just as I crept up on them. Other guards who were out of both eye and earshot would freak out at the exact same time. I'm a bit of a lapsed veteran of these games and I'm pretty certain I had not mistakenly set them off legitimately.

After this I went back to the cam_ext file to have a tweak before replaying the mission. I had already enabled hi_res_timings, but this time I disabled the enhanced AI behaviours. This seemed to make things a bit better, but some things still felt a bit off. For example, Ramirez had a guard just stood directly in the doorway to his counting room in the basement. I tried shifting him with a noisemaker arrow and rather than go to investigate it, he did as above by freaking out and running away, shouting "Thief!". There's no way he could have seen me as I was in complete darkness and on the other side of the hallway from the arrow.

What's going on? Is this known behaviour with a variable setting in TFix? I didn't see anything like this in the previous missions, but this kind of spoiled one of my favourite missions; I'm a bit wary of continuing as I'd rather find the solution before I start encountering it in future levels.

I'm running at a fixed 60fps, so don't think it's anything to do with refreshrates, and I'm locked in with vsync regardless. I know the timings stuff can cause weirdness, but as said before I have already enabled the hires setting, so it shouldn't be that should it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
    Because the cone definitions are static.
    There's your standard peripheral vision, then, there are different variations on alertness level.
    They are not active at the same time - the 'current' one is selected based on the current state of the NPC. (calm, suspicious, alert, whatever these states might be)
    Ahh, interesting. This also explains how in some fan missions, some npcs literally see through the back of their heads. Someone set that flag. Thanks for the explanation.
    Last edited by Estel Randir; 18th Sep 2022 at 02:14.

Zombified
    TFix does nothing to the AIs. restart the level and use default settings - maybe it's just Dark having a bad day?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    TFix does nothing to the AIs. restart the level and use default settings - maybe it's just Dark having a bad day?
    Ah ok - is the timing / AI improvement stuff in the .cfg files NewDark then? I don't really know where TFix and NewDark begin and end to be honest.

So far it looks as if the other missions are behaving - up to the Haunted Cathedral so far (skipping Thieves Guild obv) with no repeat bad behaviour, so think I'll just write it off as Dark having a bad day as you say.

Zombified
    well, we are running TG using the T2 version of the engine here, differences are inevitable.

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23737883889398103108113118119120121122123