TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 115 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166 ... LastLast

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Well for some reason this patcher isn't working for me. It fixes the menus, and videos. But once I go into a level, all I get is a black screen, with a tiny box of 'color/3D' in the upper left corner. That box shifts to different textures, and angles if I move the mouse around.

I'm using an Alienware M11x R3.

On a related note, the new beta for Tafferpatcher worked fine on Thief 2.

Zombified
    intel integrated graphics. again. I seriously need to modify the patcher so it can detect these things and bite the users in the face activate the correct variables.

open cam_ext.cfg and comment out multisampletype so it will look like this:
    Code:
    ; multisampling (anti-aliasing) level
    ; IMPORTANT: some integrated graphics HW may not work correctly with multisampling and you will be left with a
    ;            black screen, if that happens disable this option again
    ;multisampletype 8
    or use the second graphics card to run the game (if your laptop has it, quick peek on google suggests that it should. you may need to create a gaming profile for the game, the manufacturer usually provides the software for this).

Ya it has the Nvidia card with Optimus. In general its pretty good at automatically switching to the Nvidia for most games.

But thanks, I suppose easiest way is to go change the overrides in the Nvidia 3D settings panel to always load the game on Nvidia card.

Thanks

Voodoo... Thank you for all your hard work my friend, I MAY be able to help with some of the programming and such if needed, please feel free to let me know...

Zombified
    currently, the most helpful thing you (and anyone else) can do is;

-play the game like there is no tomorrow
    -report all anomalies (take a screenshot, add short description and a quicksave, pack it up, make it available for download)

most of them are easy to fix, but hard to find, and as much as I would like to, I simply don't have the time to run around all the levels for hours and hours.

it sucks to be old.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    currently, the most helpful thing you (and anyone else) can do is;

-play the game like there is no tomorrow
    -report all anomalies (take a screenshot, add short description and a quicksave, pack it up, make it available for download)

most of them are easy to fix, but hard to find, and as much as I would like to, I simply don't have the time to run around all the levels for hours and hours.

it sucks to be old.
    10-4 Boss

OK to add 1.19 on top of older ddfix

As much as i would like to download the new version with 1.19, that would eat up too much of my pathetic satellite internet download limit. I did manage to download and install the fix a month or two before 1.19 appeared and my question is whether I can simply install 1.19 on top of my existing setup and have Thief Gold run okay?

BTW, thank you Voodoo47 for creating this one stop fix!

Zombified
    if you mean just using the 1.19 NewDark patch (the small, "raw" archive from the new patch topic) on the old ddfix based TFix, then yes, it should work (you will have to enable the T1 mode manually), but I wouldn't do this if I had another option - there is just too much stuff that can go wrong, especially if you used mods. the gap between the ddfix version and the NewDark version is too wide.

shortly - try it, but don't expect it to fully work.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Voodoo47, is this any URL for the DDFIX where I can use a download manager (Getright) to directly download the file? My satellite internet provider allows you to download from 12:15 am to 5:45 am EST for free, i.e. without impacting your weekly download limit, so I want to schedule the download to take place then when I'm asleep but the link to your file goes only to a page where you then have to click "download" which does not work with a download manager as it is not set up to click on a separate link. I welcome any suggestions you may have.

Thanks.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by sc View Post
    Voodoo47, is this any URL for the DDFIX
    you mean TFix, right? well, I can upload it anywhere, so if you have a suggestion, I'm all ears. if you want old ddfix, it's all over the net, and it's a small download, if you want just the basic patch..

I have the older version and want to update to the newer one with 1.19 so I will try and find a place for the upload. Thanks for offering to assist.

Zombified
    ok, 1.13 is up. some small fixes here and there (including Ramirez alert, and Escape sky), plus you can now use the patcher to uninstall/repick mods (just run it again and select the new combination). no auto multisample disabling for intel gpus yet, I need to come up with a reliable form of detection first (searching for intel files in system folders should work, but it's a rather crude method).

happy thiefy holidays.

I just upgraded to Windows 8 64-bit and was afraid Thief may not work or I'd have to do a lot of work to get around problems, but the game runs absolutely flawlessly and looks fantastic at higher resolutions! Great job!

problem with stairs since 1.13

Hello,

i encountered a problem since having installed the new version 1.13. Garret seems to have a problem with stairs now. That problem where you aproach a staircase and he just stops instead of walking them up, like it was a wall, occurs way to often now. I basicly have to run up all the stairs.

in general he seems to run/walk slower.
    Last edited by Vo-Toran; 31st Dec 2012 at 15:38.

Zombified
    if it has been working properly in 1.12 and it's not working properly now, provide a savegame. if you are comparing vanilla/ddfixed game with NewDark (TFix uses the new engine), well, as I said before, it's basically T2 engine running T1 missions, small differences are inevitable (a map fix would be the solution in this case, making the stairs a bit smaller).

try loading the "classic" control set on the customize controls menu.

Zombified
    yaay for TFix 1.14 beta intel detect;

if you have an integrated intel gpu, you can help by checking the location of ig4icd32.dll (and posting the location, and what OS you have here).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 2nd Jan 2013 at 06:10.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Something tells me CRJ isn't a Thief playa.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    yaay for TFix 1.14 beta intel detect;

if you have an integrated intel gpu, you can help by checking the location of ig4icd32.dll (and posting it here).
    seems like my intel gpu gonna burn with THIEF!! yeah

my ig4icd32.dll was located C:\windows\system32

and my dll link
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_n...WdWMjNDV2ZONnc

im afraid mine isn't latest one, since my laptop has customized cpu/gpu that cannot update with official intel driver.
    Last edited by kokobollo; 2nd Jan 2013 at 04:15.

Zombified
    the location of the file is enough (no need to post the file), but I would also need the OS you are running (xp 32bit, I assume). I need to figure out the detection, and it seems like checking for intel opengl driver dll could work (as all drivers and all gpus use the same opengl dll file), but I assume it will be at different locations for each major version of the windows systems (xp, vista/win7 32bit, vista/win7 64bit, win8 32/64bit).

ok, my OS is XP 32bit;

I don't know it would help,
    my intel gpu doesn't good at opengl.
    every opengl based games are stuttering, even HL1 or CS1.6

I guess it doesn't render opengl lighting properly.
    when i see flickering lamp in HL1, it stutters a lot.
    Last edited by kokobollo; 2nd Jan 2013 at 21:25.

Sorry if it has been asked before, but does this fix work with the Steam version of Thief Gold?

Many thanks to the creator of this btw!

Zombified
    yes. although it's recommended that you move the game folder from the steam folder into some simpler location, like C:\games\thief or similar.

I'll be able to point the installer to the Thief Gold folder though, right? No worries, i know where it is. :P

Quote Originally Posted by chk772 View Post
    I'll be able to point the installer to the Thief Gold folder though, right? No worries, i know where it is. :P
    I think the main problem is that with some OSes Steam puts it in a protected folder and either the fix or the game itself (maybe both,) have problems accessing protected folders without jumping through far too many hoops. Most people find it easier to just move the game somewhere unprotected.

Page 16 of 115 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166 ... LastLast