TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166 ... LastLast

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Doesn't matter - the point is there is more than one texture pack out there. That's not the only one. Besides, it will be finished. (Or at least, I'm lead to believe that.)

Anyway, there's yet another one that looks more in line with Thief's style, although it's for Thief 2 which is off-topic to this thread. And of course, voodoo47 has a lot to worry about without delving into a texture pack, from the looks of it.
    Hopefully it will, if for no other reason to give TDP another shot in the arm. DX New Vision eventually got out, and this one seems to be more on track.

But, as I said in before, the bugs that currently inhabit NewDark TDP are of greater importance momentarily. And I found another one. You can test it in that linked save I posted, but anywhere there's lava should be just as good as well. To test it, just jump into lava. Yes, you will die. But while things are going dark you can run and jump around in the lava, even leave the lava if the lay of the land allows it. Heck, you can even access your inventory, and drink/eat healing items (that incidentally won't improve your "losing consciousness" condition, but still...). Garrett's giving Doom Guy and JCD a run for the money in the "big stick" department with that trick.

LordHaHa

Ok, now finished TG. So, my new save game packs for both are complete The only problems I came across that I noticed are the ones I mentioned. Basically, too much light in some areas (well, only one I noticed and mentioned,) AI pathing, and AI sensitivity. I don't work much with DromED, played around with it a bit when it first came out and decided quickly that I didn't have the patience or skill to use it However, I was wondering if these could be fixed by loading the missions into the new DromED and then having it recalculate the AI pathing? As for the AI sensitivity, could it be that Dark2 (my personal handle for the T2 engine,) used a different scale for setting AI sensitivity (primarily to noise I believe?) Would just loading, calculating, then saving in the new DromeED fix that, or would you need to manually adjust the sensitivity for all AIs? Finally, there was only one place where the new light levels (possably combined with increased sensitivity,) caused a problem. Maybe just loading, calculating, then saving would fix that. Otherwise, tweaking down the light level for that one light source should fix that issue. The final issue, and I don't really consider it a real issue any more, is the ele-burrik war. Maybe recalculating the AI pathing, and reseting sensitivity would fix that one. If push comes to shove, if it were up to me, I'd just shrink in the patrol routes a bit (so that they don't pass as close together any more.) As I said at the time, in vanilla, I had to sit there for 45 minutes watching both sets patrol around before they ever came close enough to trigger the war. The new engine will usually have the war start before you can even get there (though not always,) even if you are skipping everything and running straight there (which I did taking every available shortcut.)

So, now I have a full set (that I have access too,) of save game packs T1 I have for versions 1.14, 1.33, and 1.39 (the New Dark, because 1.19 would technically fall before 1.33.) For TG I have 1.37 and 1.39. In these packs I wasn't worried about "ghosting" or minimal impact and such. All I was worried about were the numbers (damage done & taken, bodies discovered, blackjacks, backstabs, etc..) for all of these I wanted 0. For pockets picked, loot found, and locks picked, I wanted all. I "may" have missed a pickable door or so in each mission (the stats never say how many there are,) I just made sure I picked all pickable locks that I could find (even if I had a key for that door.) The only times I used a key was when the lock wasn't pickable. Now, for 2 quick questions.... Anybody know of any versions other than the ones I have? Also, anyone interested in me making these packs available??

Zombified
    yes, reprocessing the level (that should recalculate the paths as well) should help. but to make the AIs behave exactly like in vanilla T1/TG, manualt edits would be necessary, I think. you're welcome to try, I won't have the time to learn more dromed stuff before next summer (currently, I can fix up some properties on items, but that's about it).

I would actually have to learn everything from scratch. After I get my OS issue fixed up, I might give it a try. I'll probably have to be reinstalling all the Thief games again anyways, might as well install DromED with it and see about tweaking the missions so they act closer to vanilla than they do now..... I'm also working on T2 1.19 save pack. I don't anticipate as many problems with that one, since the engine matches the missions In all honesty, I'd probably take the easy routes, I'd tweak the sensitivity in Thieves' Guild, tweak the pathing in Lost City, tweak the light in Song of the Caverns, and just do a recalculate on all of them.

Well for some reason this patcher isn't working for me. It fixes the menus, and videos. But once I go into a level, all I get is a black screen, with a tiny box of 'color/3D' in the upper left corner. That box shifts to different textures, and angles if I move the mouse around.

I'm using an Alienware M11x R3.

On a related note, the new beta for Tafferpatcher worked fine on Thief 2.

Zombified
    intel integrated graphics. again. I seriously need to modify the patcher so it can detect these things and bite the users in the face activate the correct variables.

open cam_ext.cfg and comment out multisampletype so it will look like this:
    Code:
    ; multisampling (anti-aliasing) level
    ; IMPORTANT: some integrated graphics HW may not work correctly with multisampling and you will be left with a
    ;            black screen, if that happens disable this option again
    ;multisampletype 8
    or use the second graphics card to run the game (if your laptop has it, quick peek on google suggests that it should. you may need to create a gaming profile for the game, the manufacturer usually provides the software for this).

Ya it has the Nvidia card with Optimus. In general its pretty good at automatically switching to the Nvidia for most games.

But thanks, I suppose easiest way is to go change the overrides in the Nvidia 3D settings panel to always load the game on Nvidia card.

Thanks

Voodoo... Thank you for all your hard work my friend, I MAY be able to help with some of the programming and such if needed, please feel free to let me know...

Zombified
    currently, the most helpful thing you (and anyone else) can do is;

-play the game like there is no tomorrow
    -report all anomalies (take a screenshot, add short description and a quicksave, pack it up, make it available for download)

most of them are easy to fix, but hard to find, and as much as I would like to, I simply don't have the time to run around all the levels for hours and hours.

it sucks to be old.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    currently, the most helpful thing you (and anyone else) can do is;

-play the game like there is no tomorrow
    -report all anomalies (take a screenshot, add short description and a quicksave, pack it up, make it available for download)

most of them are easy to fix, but hard to find, and as much as I would like to, I simply don't have the time to run around all the levels for hours and hours.

it sucks to be old.
    10-4 Boss

OK to add 1.19 on top of older ddfix

As much as i would like to download the new version with 1.19, that would eat up too much of my pathetic satellite internet download limit. I did manage to download and install the fix a month or two before 1.19 appeared and my question is whether I can simply install 1.19 on top of my existing setup and have Thief Gold run okay?

BTW, thank you Voodoo47 for creating this one stop fix!

Zombified
    if you mean just using the 1.19 NewDark patch (the small, "raw" archive from the new patch topic) on the old ddfix based TFix, then yes, it should work (you will have to enable the T1 mode manually), but I wouldn't do this if I had another option - there is just too much stuff that can go wrong, especially if you used mods. the gap between the ddfix version and the NewDark version is too wide.

shortly - try it, but don't expect it to fully work.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Voodoo47, is this any URL for the DDFIX where I can use a download manager (Getright) to directly download the file? My satellite internet provider allows you to download from 12:15 am to 5:45 am EST for free, i.e. without impacting your weekly download limit, so I want to schedule the download to take place then when I'm asleep but the link to your file goes only to a page where you then have to click "download" which does not work with a download manager as it is not set up to click on a separate link. I welcome any suggestions you may have.

Thanks.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by sc View Post
    Voodoo47, is this any URL for the DDFIX
    you mean TFix, right? well, I can upload it anywhere, so if you have a suggestion, I'm all ears. if you want old ddfix, it's all over the net, and it's a small download, if you want just the basic patch..

I have the older version and want to update to the newer one with 1.19 so I will try and find a place for the upload. Thanks for offering to assist.

Zombified
    ok, 1.13 is up. some small fixes here and there (including Ramirez alert, and Escape sky), plus you can now use the patcher to uninstall/repick mods (just run it again and select the new combination). no auto multisample disabling for intel gpus yet, I need to come up with a reliable form of detection first (searching for intel files in system folders should work, but it's a rather crude method).

happy thiefy holidays.

I just upgraded to Windows 8 64-bit and was afraid Thief may not work or I'd have to do a lot of work to get around problems, but the game runs absolutely flawlessly and looks fantastic at higher resolutions! Great job!

problem with stairs since 1.13

Hello,

i encountered a problem since having installed the new version 1.13. Garret seems to have a problem with stairs now. That problem where you aproach a staircase and he just stops instead of walking them up, like it was a wall, occurs way to often now. I basicly have to run up all the stairs.

in general he seems to run/walk slower.
    Last edited by Vo-Toran; 31st Dec 2012 at 14:38.

Zombified
    if it has been working properly in 1.12 and it's not working properly now, provide a savegame. if you are comparing vanilla/ddfixed game with NewDark (TFix uses the new engine), well, as I said before, it's basically T2 engine running T1 missions, small differences are inevitable (a map fix would be the solution in this case, making the stairs a bit smaller).

try loading the "classic" control set on the customize controls menu.

Zombified
    yaay for TFix 1.14 beta intel detect;

if you have an integrated intel gpu, you can help by checking the location of ig4icd32.dll (and posting the location, and what OS you have here).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 2nd Jan 2013 at 05:10.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Something tells me CRJ isn't a Thief playa.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    yaay for TFix 1.14 beta intel detect;

if you have an integrated intel gpu, you can help by checking the location of ig4icd32.dll (and posting it here).
    seems like my intel gpu gonna burn with THIEF!! yeah

my ig4icd32.dll was located C:\windows\system32

and my dll link
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_n...WdWMjNDV2ZONnc

im afraid mine isn't latest one, since my laptop has customized cpu/gpu that cannot update with official intel driver.
    Last edited by kokobollo; 2nd Jan 2013 at 03:15.

Zombified
    the location of the file is enough (no need to post the file), but I would also need the OS you are running (xp 32bit, I assume). I need to figure out the detection, and it seems like checking for intel opengl driver dll could work (as all drivers and all gpus use the same opengl dll file), but I assume it will be at different locations for each major version of the windows systems (xp, vista/win7 32bit, vista/win7 64bit, win8 32/64bit).

ok, my OS is XP 32bit;

I don't know it would help,
    my intel gpu doesn't good at opengl.
    every opengl based games are stuttering, even HL1 or CS1.6

I guess it doesn't render opengl lighting properly.
    when i see flickering lamp in HL1, it stutters a lot.
    Last edited by kokobollo; 2nd Jan 2013 at 20:25.

Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166 ... LastLast