TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526313641465156616671 ... LastLast

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    as I said, try changing the sound devices in the ingame menu (by clicking on hardware acceleration multiple times. make sure openal is installed before doing this).

reinstalling might help as well - it's always recommended to start from a fresh install when using Tafferpatcher or TFix.

Ok - did as you suggested, but still no joy.

But - and this is a big BUT - I have a Sold Out copy of T2 - re installed this, and just de ; the safe texture manager in order to check the sound - and it all works as it should.

Still, would have been good to get to the bottom of that little problem with the other installation.

Either way, I really appreciate your help

Issue: I have no sound for 'objective complete', despite it being turned to 'on' in options.

I have a fresh install of Thief Gold (haven't been able to find my TDP discs, so picked up TG from a recent Steam sale). I copied the TG install to another non-Steam directory and patched it with TFix. (That is the ONLY thing I have done with this install- copy directory, run TFix.) I then happily dove into the FM 'Between These Dark Walls' and was enjoying myself, until I picked up an item I thought was an objective. When I opened my objective list, I saw that it was... I tested things by toggling the objective notification on and off, reloading, and picking up the item to trigger the objective, but I never got any notification. I have NO idea if this is TFix or some other issue, but I thought my best chance at figuring out what the problem was would start here. Any clue?

Zombified
    contrary to the popular belief, this is not an issue, it's just how T1 works - there is simply no sound notification for objective completion. now that we are running under the T2 engine, it should be possible to implement this, but it's not a trivial thing (OSM would need to be modified, I'm told).

it's on the (long term) to do list.

I just installed Thief Gold again and aplied on TFix 1.13 and have a problem:

When mantling up knee-high-objects the sound for landing on your feet will play, even tho Garret doesnt fall and the mantling happens without problems. The same happens when mantling up from ladders.

Is that a known issue?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    contrary to the popular belief, this is not an issue, it's just how T1 works - there is simply no sound notification for objective completion. now that we are running under the T2 engine, it should be possible to implement this, but it's not a trivial thing (OSM would need to be modified, I'm told).

it's on the (long term) to do list.
    Hah! Shows how long it's been since I've played T1 (too long, but most FMs have been T2 for years now). Onwards I go then! Thanks.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Horst View Post
    I just installed Thief Gold again and aplied on TFix 1.13 and have a problem:

When mantling up knee-high-objects the sound for landing on your feet will play, even tho Garret doesnt fall and the mantling happens without problems. The same happens when mantling up from ladders.

Is that a known issue?
    was not able to replicate. try making a youtube vid, or provide a quicksave on such a place. also, are you sure this behavior is different from the old engine?

Here is a video of the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l4Z3...ature=youtu.be

I dont know if this happens with old version too and I dont know how the mission is called, but the task is to find the water talisman and the area in the video is the starting area.

Zombified
    issue successfully replicated. I'll see if something can be done about it.

with this download do i still got to add convict file and if so how do i get into my thief directory on win 7?

well tfix made thief work but i cant use any weapons,so how do i get into my thief directory so i can drop the convict file into it on win 7?
    Last edited by downwinder; 11th Feb 2013 at 20:54.

Zombified
    TFix does not install any convict (it did before, but this has been causing some issues, so it's disabled for now). anyway, this (weapons missing) shouldn't happen. please post as many details as you can - whether you are running T1 or TG, steam or GOG, where did you place the game (program files?), whether you did a clean install or not, running any other mods etc. and post your thief.log as well.

if it's really just the convict.osm missing (trying to run fms with T1?), you can get it here and just drop it to your T1 folder.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 12th Feb 2013 at 03:05.

issue successfully replicated. I'll see if something can be done about it.
    Great! Can I delete the video or will you need it?

Zombified
    nope, leave it. it's good to have reminder or two. btw, this happens in the original engine as well, so it's not really a bug.

Thank you Voodoo.

I'm now playing Thief 1 at 1080, flawlessly. Having not played the original for quite a few years, it's nice to see it back.

BTW, I haven't read all the related threads but was the developer of New Dark identified?

Zombified
    no, le Corbeau is still a mystery man, flying on the Raven's wings.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm having issues with the movies not playing in Thief Gold.

I did a full install from the original Thief Gold CD's and then immediately installed TFix 1.13 with only the skies/water options checked. The first time I launched the game, the intro video played but none of the mission briefings play, even if I select "review briefing". On subsequent launches, the intro video doesn't automatically play but it will play if I click the "Intro" button. If I click the "Intro" button a second time, it will not play. If I go into Bafford's mission without playing the game's intro, it will play the mission briefing the first time. If I exit and start the mission again, it will not play. So basically, it looks like the first video the game tried to play will work, but any subsequent video does not. I'm doing this on Win7-64 if it makes a difference.

Edit: Ok, what the hell, System Shock 2 stopped playing videos completely and it was working 15 minutes ago. I suppose I should man up and reboot here.

Edit 2: Ok, that fixed it completely in both games. If I can reproduce whatever broke the video playback I'll post something.
    Last edited by Jason Moyer; 4th Mar 2013 at 01:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm having issues with the movies not playing in Thief Gold.

I did a full install from the original Thief Gold CD's and then immediately installed TFix 1.13 with only the skies/water options checked. The first time I launched the game, the intro video played but none of the mission briefings play, even if I select "review briefing". On subsequent launches, the intro video doesn't automatically play but it will play if I click the "Intro" button. If I click the "Intro" button a second time, it will not play. If I go into Bafford's mission without playing the game's intro, it will play the mission briefing the first time. If I exit and start the mission again, it will not play. So basically, it looks like the first video the game tried to play will work, but any subsequent video does not. I'm doing this on Win7-64 if it makes a difference.

Edit: Ok, what the hell, System Shock 2 stopped playing videos completely and it was working 15 minutes ago. I suppose I should man up and reboot here.

Edit 2: Ok, that fixed it completely in both games. If I can reproduce whatever broke the video playback I'll post something.
    I had the same problem tonight trying to get the videos to play in System Shock 2, I used the file posted in this thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2151230
    Now it works perfectly every time.

no, le Corbeau is still a mystery man, flying on the Raven's wings.

Hehehe, i really like that. The new communities hero but he decides to stay modestly in the background. Chapeau, monsieur.

And yeah, his work is amazing, as is the work of you guys here. Thanks so much. Just played through Thief 2 and it was great fun. :thumbup:

Keeper of FMs
    I was working from my original box copies for TG & T2. I had T2 patched & running. I could not get my original TG running, so I used a newer version & managed to get a working install. After I patched TG, I had a major pc crash. Restore points didn't work, nothing helped except a Win 7 re-install. I'm not saying patching caused the problem, but I was just curious if y'all have heard of anything like this happening. Windows Explorer started crashing over & over. I had to restart to get out of the crash loop. When I did, I got black screen with cursor just after the start up screen. I restarted & couldn't get F8 to work at all. The only thing I could bring up was the diagnostics. (F10, I think?) After I put in the Win 7 install disk, auto start would not work. When it asked to press a key, it wouldn't pass that point. I had to use the boot menu to point to the DVD, get the press any key & start from there. I've got the system up & running and ready to start re-installing programs. I went ahead & bought the GOG versions of the games, so that should eliminate some issues. Any suggestions?

Here's what I've got -
    Win 7 Home Prem 64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.70 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6570

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    I was working from my original box copies for TG & T2. I had T2 patched & running. I could not get my original TG running, so I used a newer version & managed to get a working install. After I patched TG, I had a major pc crash. Restore points didn't work, nothing helped except a Win 7 re-install. I'm not saying patching caused the problem, but I was just curious if y'all have heard of anything like this happening. Windows Explorer started crashing over & over. I had to restart to get out of the crash loop. When I did, I got black screen with cursor just after the start up screen. I restarted & couldn't get F8 to work at all. The only thing I could bring up was the diagnostics. (F10, I think?) After I put in the Win 7 install disk, auto start would not work. When it asked to press a key, it wouldn't pass that point. I had to use the boot menu to point to the DVD, get the press any key & start from there. I've got the system up & running and ready to start re-installing programs. I went ahead & bought the GOG versions of the games, so that should eliminate some issues. Any suggestions?

Here's what I've got -
    Win 7 Home Prem 64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.70 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    That's crazy man, but really just use Tafferpatcher for Thief 2 and TFix for Thief 1/Gold. Using the GOG versions should work just fine, I used my Steam version and my Gog version and they both worked fine, installing to a USB stick.

Keeper of FMs
    I used the GOG files and no problems at all with FMs or anything.
    GOG \o/

TFIX error

After installing TFIX I get an error saying " unable to locate or load D3DX9_43.DLL". Prior to installing TFIX I did a new install of Thief Gold. I did a test run. I then downloaded and installed TFIX. I have a win xp system. Any thoughts?

Try reinstalling DirectX 9

TFIX ERROR

That did it. Now that I think about it I can't remember the last time that I updated my DX drivers . Thanks.

Paul

NP

Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526313641465156616671 ... LastLast