TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 22 of 114 FirstFirst ... 27121718192021222324252627323742475257626772 ... LastLast

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Quote Originally Posted by paul7475 View Post
    Thanks Thelvyn. You were a big help.

Paul
    Your welcome

can we expect an updated version with the new dark patch or is there no real benefit regarding thief 1? don't shoot me if its been answered please

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
    can we expect an updated version with the new dark patch or is there no real benefit regarding thief 1? don't shoot me if its been answered please
    Since they share exe files now there should be the same benefits.
    Hes probably already working on it.

Zombified
    will apply all the fixes that are in the queue, update the exe, and roll 1.14 out, probably sunday night.

just fixes and 1.20 files, full relights and reprocesses will have to wait for 1.15.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    will apply all the fixes that are in the queue, update the exe, and roll 1.14 out, probably sunday night.

just fixes and 1.20 files, full relights and reprocesses will have to wait for 1.15.
    Thanks for all the hard work you do we appreciate you

Much appreciated for the update and all the hard work.

Another minor thing i'd like to mention. docs.google.com has issues downloading with the Opera Browser (endless loop that never fully finishes), so if its possible to have alternate links in case someone has no access to other browsers under certain circumstances.

Keeper of FMs
    Yes, thanks for all the work on this patch. It is appreciated! Got TG up & running on my & my mom's pcs with no problems. So easy.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I encountered some strange behaviour in the Haunted Cathedral mission (using TFix 1.13 without the texture/model replacement parts):
    spoiler:
    The mechanism by which you open the door and gate to the Keepers' library seemed to be on a very long delay, I'd put the statue pieces on one pedestal, stand on the other and the doors would finally open several minutes later. It's my first time playing Thief, and after finding the door (but not the gate) mysteriously open upon returning to the library entrance I spent an hour or so labouring under the assumption that it had something to do with switching the lights on in the rest of the level!

Here's a save in the area, if that's any help.

Zombified
    definitely not something I did - might be a NewDark thing, we'll see after some troubleshooting. save is definitely helpful, will dl it tomorrow and see.

// aand 1.14 is out. the most important fix is to the Maw portal - as it has never worked properly (even under old Dark), this might actually be the first time in history everything works and looks as intended. also, there is prompt for FSAA disable during the install - that should finally get those intels off my back. also - TFix will now verify the location of your crf files and will pop up error messages when something is missing.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 20th Mar 2013 at 21:04.

Thank you for all your work!

Thanks for the new version 1.14 voodoo47! The full relights and reprocesses you mentioned will be great when you can release them in due time.

One question: I have version 1.13 of TFix installed atm, can i just copy 1.14 over it?

Mobiler Beitrag

So, I've noticed they've been some concerns about Thief on Steam and its fixes. I bought copy on Steam about a year ago on some sale, gave my polish Thief Anthology on one DVD to a friend. So let's clear some myths about Steam version.
    - The version that you download from a server is outdated. That is it seems to be patched with official patches and it comes with preinstalled DDfix. Apparently it's DDfix 1.3.11b - that's what readme file for DDfix states and that's Windows says when checking details. So yes - it's at least 4 years old:
    Version itself seems like it's a build that was sent to GOG.com - there are folders GOODIES and MAKING OF. There is also reference card.pdf, manual.pdf and finally - dromed.ico, which looks like an icon from GOG team:
    it is GOG-ish, right?

Furthermore:
    - Installing TFix directly on Steam version seems to be working fine (that is - installing it to steamapps\common\thief_gold where, the files are located).
    - Unless suddenly, someone from Square Enix (I think) decides to update Steam version - it's not necessary to disable autoupdates (although, it's wise to do it as a precaution). Steam isn't going to replace these files, unless some update comes out or a user decides to "verify integrity of game cache". It's possible that Steam checks the integrity on its own, if user runs a repair for Steam, from its installer. But even that shouldn't happen... for many months, I have modified version of Ultimate Doom on my PC - basically Steam launches GzDoom instead of DosBOX (nothing too complex - I just put GzDOOM into a folder where a Steam version of Ultimate DOOM is located and changed a name of gzdoom.exe to dosbox.exe) - works without problems. Steam hasn't done anything with its files... so my guess is that it should be the same with Thief and Thief II.
    - Furthermore - Steam overlay works after installing TFix. More screenshots:

The only problem is that you can't really make screenshots - although, some people (Russians?) apparently figured out the say (there are screenshots on Thief GameHub). But it doesn't matter - overlay works, game works. All fine.

Specs just in case:
    Windows 7 64bit
    AMD Athlon II x4 640 (4core CPU @ 3.0GHz)
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7770 OC

I hope, I haven't forgotten about anything.
    Last edited by SuicideMachine; 18th Mar 2013 at 20:55.

Zombified
    quite a few users have complained about menus being messes up, which is a sign that required files have either not been copied directly, or deleted. manually copying the game away from steam's reach and repatching has fixed the issue.

but yeah, if you can keep steam away from the patched files, it should work (as already mentioned in the first post). oh, and yes, the steam version is a direct copy of the old GOG version.

Quote Originally Posted by chk772 View Post
    One question: I have version 1.13 of TFix installed atm, can i just copy 1.14 over it?

Mobiler Beitrag
    yes, but back up your user.bnd if you are using customized controls, as the installer will overwrite that. and you will have to restart your current mission (so optimally, patch up right after completing the previous one).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 19th Mar 2013 at 11:13.

Thanks!

Mobiler Beitrag

quite a few users have complained about menus being messes up, which is a sign that required files have either not been copied directly, or deleted. manually copying the game away from steam's reach and repatching has fixed the issue.

but yeah, if you can keep steam away from the patched files, it should work (as already mentioned in the first post). oh, and yes, the steam version is a direct copy of the old GOG version.
    I remember my keybinding menu screwed up when I was using DDfix 1.5.11 on a Steam version... so far however, didn't happen with Tfix, although a week and a half of testing is not nearly enough to judge, whatever it's not affecting its files. So, I guess, I'm going to keep Thief as it is, with Tfix installed in Steam folder to check it out. It's not like I have anything better to do with it - got to have Thief installed, anyway.

What I can say - "install.cfg" and "Steam_install.cfg" for Steam version. Install.cfg points to a folder that usually doesn't exist (like Program Files \ Square Enix), while Steam_install.cfg is full of "%INSTALLDIR%". Basically, unless someone edits install.cfg, after patching it with newer DDfix or NewDark - game won't run. So it's good that Tfix installer overwrites this file.
    Last edited by SuicideMachine; 19th Mar 2013 at 14:24.

Hey, first of all, awesome work OP, second of all, I want to set a refresh rate of 100Hz with this thing, how do I do it? It keeps knocking me back to 68Hz at 1920x1080.

Zombified
    I don't think the game can set the refresh rate in any way. it can set maximum fps - see cam_ext.cfg.

It's definitely changing the refresh rate (my desktop runs at 100Hz, TDP runs at 68Hz, taken from the OSD, and confirmed with fraps and v-sync). The DDFix ini has a line for refresh rate, but changing this doesn't seem to solve the issue. Any ideas?

Zombified
    if you've patched with TFix, ddfix.ini is not relevant anymore. try modifying framerate_cap.

Yeah, but that presumably just caps the frame rate. I actually want it to either set the refresh rate to 100Hz or at least to stop changing it from whatever I have set it to. I guess it would be running it at a custom resolution setting rather than one of the defaults. Is that possible?

Zombified
    as I said, as far as I know, the game is not able to affect the refresh rates (but I would try to set thef ramerate_cap to 100 just to be sure). try forcing it via windows/gpu control panel.

Damn. Must be some kind of default setting then - I can set a custom resolution at 100Hz in the gpu menu, but I can't alter the 'default' one off 60Hz without dropping to 16bit colour. I guess TDP must be using the default resolution setting rather than my custom one. Oh well. What was the 'refresh_rate' value in DDfix for then?

Isn't there a way to fix AI detection on newdark? AI is able to see you in pitch black with nothing in your hands, and crouched in a corner. I have already seen the note that newdark does not operate exactly the same as the original, BUT... that is a pretty big one. It makes it impossible to hide in ThiefG. If, for some reason you are detected, if you don't run far enough, the only other way of getting away is jumping in water or crouching into a secret passage or something similar where the AI simply cannot follow. That completely changes the game. Please tell me there is an AI fix.

Zombified
    I have not encountered this (and apparently, most of other users are fine as well, if the stealth system would be broken, there would be a zilion bugreports). the AI will find you if it stumbles directly on you, but that should be the only difference. make a video or share a save.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Damn. Must be some kind of default setting then - I can set a custom resolution at 100Hz in the gpu menu, but I can't alter the 'default' one off 60Hz without dropping to 16bit colour. I guess TDP must be using the default resolution setting rather than my custom one. Oh well. What was the 'refresh_rate' value in DDfix for then?
    not sure, it's been a while since I've tweaked ddfix settings - but as I said, it's not relevant, as ddfix.ini is not used anymore. it may exist as a leftover file in GOG or Steam installs, but if you've patched up with TFix, it will do absolutely nothing.

wait, you did patch your Thief install with TFix, right?
    Last edited by voodoo47; 22nd Mar 2013 at 12:38.

Page 22 of 114 FirstFirst ... 27121718192021222324252627323742475257626772 ... LastLast