TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 32 of 114 FirstFirst ... 271217222728293031323334353637424752576267727782 ... LastLast

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Thief Gold, patch version: TFix_1.17b2.exe.

Assassins, Farkus's shop. Picking the noisemaker arrows gives you infinitely many noisemaker arrows. Notice that there is not a number denoting how many noisemaker arrows Garrett currently has. This also happened once in Thieves' Guild but at this moment I do not have a screenshot for that one.

I apologize if this bug has already been reported.

Zombified
    is this random, or can you make it happen at will? because I was not able to replicate the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
    Thief Gold, patch version: TFix_1.17b2.exe.

Assassins, Farkus's shop. Picking the noisemaker arrows gives you infinitely many noisemaker arrows. Notice that there is not a number denoting how many noisemaker arrows Garrett currently has. This also happened once in Thieves' Guild but at this moment I do not have a screenshot for that one.

I apologize if this bug has already been reported.
    Exactly the same bug is in mission "The Mage Towers".

Zombified
    I have checked those two arrows in Dromed, and they are missing the stack count 1 parameter. however, that shouldn't be an issue, as the TFix gamesys applies the parameter globally. any chance that you guys are NOT using the TFix gamesys? because if you are using a different gamesys, then you are on your own - the TFix gamesys is ABSOLUTELY required for everything to work properly. you remove the main gear, the clockworks will come to a screeching halt, as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I have checked those two arrows in Dromed, and they are missing the stack count 1 parameter. however, that shouldn't be an issue, as the TFix gamesys applies the parameter globally. any chance that you guys are NOT using the TFix gamesys? because if you are using a different gamesys, then you are on your own - the TFix gamesys is ABSOLUTELY required for everything to work properly. you remove the main gear, the clockworks will come to a screeching halt, as simple as that.
    I do not even know what this TFix gamesys is.

I have installed the game (Thief Gold), then installed the patch (TFix_1.17b2.exe) and I have touched nothing after that, except for the settings which are presented in the game menus.

I think that this is somewhat irrelevant, but I have installed the TFix_1.17b2 patch without any of the custom art content (i.e. without T2 skies, T2 Water, Thief Enhancement Pack, oRGy's Texture Pack and oRGy's Meshes).

is this random, or can you make it happen at will? because I was not able to replicate the issue.
    Do not know, at least I have done nothing I can think of to trigger such game behavior. I assume it is random.

Zombified
    so if you restart the mission, it does not happen anymore?

so if you restart the mission, it does not happen anymore?
    The bug exists even after restart of mission.

I also managed to produce the bug in the Thieves' Guild mission.

This is the first run, with some random equipment bought before the missions starts, no noisemaker arrows bought.

The second run, with all 10 noisemaker arrows and one flash bomb bought.

Notice than when I already have noisemaker arrows in my inventory that picking another\this particular noisemaker arrow does not increase the amount of arrows I already have and I can exhaust all noisemaker arrows (i.e. they are not infinite).

Saved games:
    Assassins - start of mission
    Thieves' Guild - start of mission
    Thieves' Guild - before picking arrow
    Thieves' Guild - after picking arrow
    Last edited by DarkLord; 18th Nov 2013 at 06:09.

Zombified
    ok, I'll look into it as soon as I have some time.

Where can I download an old TFix v1.11? I don't see the link - a hidden link?

Zombified
    if you need DDFix, download 1.10 from the first post. 1.11 was the first NewDark version, same as the latest one, functionality wise (but less bugfixes).

I need TFix v1.11 (this first TFix with NewDark). Is there a link to download it?

Zombified
    it's not public anymore, but I think it still exist. why do you need the 1.11 version?

it's not public anymore, but I think it still exist. why do you need the 1.11 version?
    Because I am curious about possible bugs in this patch.

There is a bug in mission "Thieves' Guild", that the page doesn't have letters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXusGpMEQi4 . For example, in mission "Lord Bafford's Manor" all is correctly.

its is rotated ... the same was in original

Zombified
    it's a map fix, I should be able to fix that easily. if it's not fixed in 17b2, it's not fixed in 1.11 as well.

Above the entry to air tower and water tower there are a improper brush colors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgvaeIil-Y (water tower have little air, air tower have little fire).

Also about my video, when the player will drop one mine (as at the moment 0:02), this mine will be instant - is active after one second (also is dangerous because of the explosion). Normal time for mine is a few seconds. Seems as mine glitch.

EDIT: I tried to restart mission "Thieves' Guild" (patch TFix 1.17b2) from this savegame http://www.hostfile.nl/files/0p7ori1...8/game0012.sav , but unsuccessfully. What's the heck?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 22nd Nov 2013 at 09:12.

Thief Gold, patch version: TFix_1.17b2 and TFix 1.16a.

The enemy Fire Elemental is totally bugged, no matter the mission.

I have found a video showing how it acted in the old days:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAJp2l5CXYc

Now it shoots many fires at you (not just one at a time), and it gets confused how to navigate, i.e. it does not continue to attack you after seeing you. It somehow looses sight of you and just goes in a random direction until obstructed by the world geometry (e.g. wall, ceiling).

I somewhat highly doubt that this behavior is an intended change, unlike the changed skin of the Fire Shadow.

I apologize if this has already been reported.

Zombified
    I don't remember any pathfinding issues, but will have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    What's the heck?
    I quote myself - I just noticed that restarting mission "Thieves' Guild" when the player is on the lower level is impossible (at least for me - the game process will be crashes). This is a terrible bug - this bug did not occur in original Thief Gold.

Zombified
    if you have a crash, post the crash.dmp (and thief.log as well).

if you have a crash, post the crash.dmp (and thief.log as well).
    After restarting mission - exactly in this place I have a crash and in around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mkvJgJULxY

Zombified
    confirming, when you are standing in the secret door and restart, the game will crash. however, as simply NOT restarting will avoid the problem, I wouldn't call the bug "terrible".
    Last edited by voodoo47; 29th Nov 2013 at 14:14.

confirming, when you are standing in the secret door and restart, the game will crash. however, as simply NOT restarting will avoid the problem, I wouldn't call the bug "terrible".
    (or in the around, or just in the secret door). I think that this bug is definitely possible to fix, because it will happens when the player leave the hole (then music will be changed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6kLYwkJR1g

Next TFix release would be before Thief Gold HD Texture Mod (if this release would be 10 December this year) or after?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 29th Nov 2013 at 15:41.

Zombified
    definitely not before christmas.

Page 32 of 114 FirstFirst ... 271217222728293031323334353637424752576267727782 ... LastLast