TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 381318232829303132333435363738434853586368737883 ... LastLast

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

I started playing TG last week using TFix and just finished The Mage Towers. I've noticed the increased sensitivity of the AIs, and have noticed that this has been discussed earlier in this thread. However, there's one aspect of this that I'd like to point out that I don't think has been mentioned yet.

While the AIs' heightened awareness of the player's presence is something I'm not terribly happy about, it's something I can learn to live with. What is really beginning to bug me is that the AIs appear to have developed a sixth sense for the presence of bodies. Every time an AI walks anywhere close to a body, even if it's been dumped in a perfectly dark spot, they make a level 1 alert comment, or sometimes even go into search mode for a few seconds. The silly thing is that if I was standing on the same (perfectly dark) spot as the body, they would continue patrolling without blinking an eye. So as near as I can tell, the AIs are now better at spotting immobile bodies than they are of spotting a moving thief. Perhaps this is something that nothing can be done about, but I thought I'd mention it anyway, since most of those who have complained about AI behavior appear to be ghosters who wouldn't notice something like this.

Also during The Haunted Cathedral, I experienced something that was new to me. I decided to visit the Keeper's Grotto on my way to the cathedral (my memories of this mission were fuzzy - I remembered I was supposed to visit this place, but couldn't remember exactly why), and after picking up the portal key and reading the readable next to it, the objectives to get to the cathedral and steal The Eye were cancelled, new objectives appeared and were instantly checked off. In other words, I never had to go to the cathedral and get the dialogue from The Eye at all, which kind of breaks the plot of this mission. Did things work like this in the original version of the mission as well, or has this been changed in TFix?

Zombified
    as mentioned before, nothing can be done about the AIs. but the Cathedral thing sound interesting, let's hope somebody can confirm - I really don't have the time right now.

This indeed works like this in the original engine. This is a technique that's primarily used in speedruns since visiting the cathedral is not mandatory.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Zombified
    it's an original bug then. will be fixed at some point.

A SHAS bug is still possible in NewDark-patched Thief 1 (by blockade, but in any case this is not mortal). In mission "The Sword", proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZzdM_4frfg (first video - unpatched T1 Gold, second video - patched T1 Gold). This next proof is this savegame in link (Thief Gold savegame that will works with TFix 1.17b2) - http://www.hostfile.nl/files/fjqvkoi...1/game0005.sav

There are protruding brushes, that blocking Garrett. I think that removing these protrunding brushes will removed this bug in this place (about mission "The Sword").
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 5th Dec 2013 at 04:55.

Found a few bugs in Calendra's Cistern with TFix 1.16a + 1.17b2. If this is the wrong place to list them, please let me know.

1. Both spiders in the observatory are stuck. You can free them by alerting them and they will resume normal patrol, only to get stuck again when entering the holes in the wall. It seems like they are too big to enter. In non-Newdark versions I've seen one of them get stuck in similar fashion.

2. When grabbing brother Adrius' head from the chest in the chapel, he is supposed to give a huge howl. The point is for everyone to hear and alert, and for you to escape down the sewer hatch. Adrius gives no such howl, which kind of changes the situation some. He still gives his small comments when thrown about and correctly asks for and accepts dried frog for the bonus objective.

3. The swordsman who controls the portcullis at the tavern party is stationed in the wrong spot. He is supposed to stand by the gate but instead is fixed over by the lever. He still does his small inspections over by the gate, but always returns to his spot by the lever. At least I never saw him positioned there using the original engine.

I'll post more bugs should I find them.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Zombified
    yeah, spiders are a pain, the map probably needs to be modified to make sure they won't get stuck.

as for the rest, make sure they happen only with newdark.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    as for the rest, make sure they happen only with newdark.
    Check!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

There is a bug in mission 02 (Cragscleft) - Cutty will sometimes escape from a prison cell. I noticed that it will happens when someone (e.g. hammerite) will come in the Cutty's cell. It is done in rogston's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f7dSWHa4Nc (olddark) and in my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z12chm-H4lk (newdark).

EDIT: I will remove some of my videos when would be a new year because of the orders.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 10th Dec 2013 at 05:25.

Zombified
    1.18 is out. not much done, just a couple of updated models and a bunch of fixes to Cragscleft. also, the mesh pack now has a proper name (can't believe that nobody noticed).

why? because all the map fixes I do are worthless to all who will use the hd texture mod, as it includes its own heavily customized maps. I will have to think over what to do next.

This may be a silly question, and i apologize for that, but is there any way to combine both projects for one easy install?

Zombified
    yes - Gecko would have to duplicate all my map fixes. or vice versa. the amount of pain involved in this would make chewing on a barbed wire look like a fun thing to do.

I'll probably keep a fixlog, and submit it to Gecko every once in a while - he will be free to (re)implement the new fixes into his maps. his current maps are most probably based on TFix (no idea what version), so it's quite possible that at least part of the map fixes from TFix is already in his mod. the gamesys is definitely from TFix.

Roger that. Well, as excited as I am to give the new textures a shot, I think I'll wait a bit and see what happens. At least until the HD mod and Tfix play well together without any major configurations/re-installations. Both are so fantastic, I'd rather not have to choose between them.

Zombified
    already posted a guide that should make it work without conflicts. should also make the hd pack easy to uninstall.

already posted a guide that should make it work without conflicts. should also make the hd pack easy to uninstall.
    Thanks Voodoo, I've been following that thread closely. Really happy to see you helping out Gecko and him being so receptive, a truly kick-ass community

I really appreciate your work with the patch, Voodoo47. Keep up the good work!

I really loved to see, when i saw the mission fixes in Bafford mission and in some others.
    I dont like the HDMOD at all,because it contains the unfixed "original" missions.

Tfix with your mission fixes plus EP2 will be much better than the HDMOD IMO.

I think merging a resource mod with a mission geometry/logic/etc fixes not a good idea.
    It just cause double work for some people. I mean if somebody wants all the fixes at once ,what all the two mods can provide.
    Last edited by bugya; 13th Dec 2013 at 01:38.

Zombified
    depends on the player's personal preference.

//1.18a uploaded - tweaked the way mods are loaded, so when Gecko releases the 0.8.6 version of his pack, TFix mods will be deactivated automatically, without the need to re-run TFix and disable them manually. assuming that Gecko will follow the file structure recommendation, that is. that means if you have the default GOG install, or any type of TFixed install, you just drop the 0.8.6 hdmod files to your Thief folder, overwrite, and play, no more dirty stuff.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 13th Dec 2013 at 16:03.

Not a biggie, but the GOG install uses "THIEF_ND.EXE" as launcher, but to install Tfix you are required to have an .exe named "THIEF.EXE" in the root folder, or otherwise installation fails. No big deal to duplicate and rename the .exe, but is not cool. Can you somehow make it so that Tfix just installs, regardless of how your launcher .exe is named?

Zombified
    you can either rename the exe manually, or apply the latest GOG patch before using TFix. both will solve the issue.

I see the problem. I never patch things, but re-download the entire installer. I trusted they'd patch the main installer with the update, but they did not, so I thought I had the latest version...

BAD MOVE GOG!!

Zombified
    I believe they do this, but not too often.

I've just done a fresh install and did TFix 1.18 and Thief Enhancement thingy and Bentraxx's HD textures, all based on the GOG install.

For some reason cut scenes aren't playing... I didn't think that was an issue anymore. Anyone have a suggestion? Windows 7 64bit

Zombified
    try to reboot the pc, this is sometimes required after a fresh install.

try to reboot the pc, this is sometimes required after a fresh install.
    Thanks this appears to have been what was required.

Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 381318232829303132333435363738434853586368737883 ... LastLast