TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 34 of 114 FirstFirst ... 491419242930313233343536373839444954596469747984 ... LastLast

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

It should be mentioned that there's a fixed lgvid.dll that fixes that problem. Only after I replaced my lgvid.dll did the movies play. In your case the reboot fixed it, but if anyone else has this problem it should be noted that this is one of the solutions.

Zombified
    added a link to the first post for now.

voodoo. tfix is a great initiative for thief's community. I used it in the past, I use this right now with the HD Mod. Thank you!
    Can U create the new version, integrated with the HD Mod v0.9.0 (or newer), Sound Pack http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119405 and EP2?

Zombified
    no plans to merge in any of those mods - there is no need, EP2 and hdmod are compatible straight out of the box, and the enhanced sounds can be loaded into the USERMODS folder with a bit of effort (will add the instructions into the first post).

merging different mods into mega packs is a bad, bad thing, causes many problems, and should be avoided at all costs. and yes, TFix does contain some other mods, but only because they were already abandoned (not developed anymore), and needed to be customized to work properly with the rest of the TFix assets.

OK, NP. Anyway, I would like to merge it for me. I want to install all together with one click. It works, but with 7z archive. I would like to prepair the install file for it. Just like yours, with option to choose (sound - y/n, hdmod - y/n, scripts - y/n, ep2 - y/n, polish language patch - y/n etc.). Could you give me on pm some instructions?

Zombified
    you can create your own installer with any options and resources you like, using the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System. their wiki is full of FAQs and guides.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    It should be mentioned that there's a fixed lgvid.dll that fixes that problem. Only after I replaced my lgvid.dll did the movies play. In your case the reboot fixed it, but if anyone else has this problem it should be noted that this is one of the solutions.
    I thought that wasn't even used anymore with NewDark, I thought it used ffmpeg for the movies.

Zombified
    the dlls are still being used, it's just that they are not using the indeo codec, but ffmpeg.

Bugs as I reported in post #769 are still possible with TFix 1.18 and current TFix 1.18c. Enough in the topic.

Zombified
    the infinite noisemakers have been fixed (you will have to restart the level for the change to be applied), also Farkus should not be standing up anymore after being killed when the game has been saved and reloaded. the rest are hardcore exploits or non-trivial problems, they will be fixed eventually (where possible).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Enough in the topic.
    not sure what do you mean by that, but feel free to keep the bugreports coming - they will be useful sooner or later.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 26th Dec 2013 at 11:40.

I think this link is broken
    TFix 1.18c (150MB)

Zombified
    try again with the link from the first post, it should work.

Btw, having almost finished Thief Gold now, i must say, it is perfectly playable with this fix/patch. Yes, it's true that the A.I. is more aware than in the vanilla version, and some few stairs are not walkable without climbing, but all in all, it's nearly flawless.

Mobiler Beitrag

Zombified
    to be fair, the game is playable and completable with NewDark even without the patch - while there are problems that can be considered critical, none of them will prevent you from finishing the levels (and, by extension, the entire game). as stated in the first post, the purpose of the patch is to make the gameplay as smooth as possible, whether that means fixing issues introduced by using NewDark, or the original problems left unsolved by LGS.

also, I have talked to a couple of dromeders, and it seems like there is no way of restoring the T1 AI routines when playing T1 under NewDark, so that's one difference everybody will have to live with (or not - TFix 1.10 with DDFix is still available, of you want to go full retro).

there is no such thing as perfection in this world.

Zombified
    a nice addition from a couple of TFix contributors - the problem with AIs being oversensitive (going directly into lev3 alert) when you KO another AI should be fixed now - get 18d from the first post if you want to try it out. a mission restart is probably necessary for everything to work properly.

do note that this will only work for original missions - if you have a FM where the oversensitiveness is causing issues, it will need to be patched manually to enable the fix (I can do it, let me know the name of the FM and I will upload a modified version).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 2nd Jan 2014 at 04:30.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    a nice addition from a couple of TFix contributors - the problem with AIs being oversensitive (going directly into lev3 alert) when you KO another AI should be fixed now - get 18d from the first post if you want to try it out. a mission restart is probably necessary for everything to work properly.

do note that this will only work for original missions - if you have a FM where the oversensitiveness is causing issues, it will need to be patched manually to enable the fix (I can do it, let me know the name of the FM and I will upload a modified version).
    New patch, great, always worth to check back here (after lurking this board for a while, i finally got an account).

Installed 1.18d last night right away, but i am not sure if the issue is resolved.
    In Thief Gold, mission 2, i swam through the water tunnel connecting the mines with the entrance to the hammerite compund and when i entered the tunnel from the last water pit which leads to the stairs, i heard/found both guards being already on max alert as i approach them from a distance - for a reason i could not explain to myself.
    Or is there a way they could have gotten alerted while i was in the mines already (i bravely shot 2 zombies with the last ticks of my holy water not too far from the desecrated chapel )?
    However, i am happy that overall the Thief AI seems to be a little "smarter" these days.

Keep up the good work!

OT: "What studio inspired this site?" - i always fail that question - Looking Glass? Eidos? Beats me...

Zombified
    they were attacked by a zombie - it takes quite a while for them to calm down after that.

Quote Originally Posted by weapon_zero View Post
    OT: "What studio inspired this site?" - i always fail that question - Looking Glass? Eidos? Beats me...
    Welcome to the forum but be careful, you might get shot for saying Eidos.

Look at the top of the page!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    they were attacked by a zombie - it takes quite a while for them to calm down after that.
    Oh i see ... these nasty zombies! I just hope the hammerites have some holy water in their pouch - or dont they need it? "The power of the builder compels you!" - may just be enough!
    Anyways, to all who worked on it: Great job on this AI! I mean seriously, i just shit my pants for these haunts were so much smarter than anticipated and actually uncovered my sniping spot. I remember everything to be way less smart. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Welcome to the forum but be careful, you might get shot for saying Eidos.

Look at the top of the page!
    Thanks, happy to be here! I guess im just stumped, i still dont get it. Awww... so ill stick with a 50 percent chance when posting. I shall avoid the E... word!
    Last edited by weapon_zero; 2nd Jan 2014 at 20:26.

Zombified
    also;
    Quote Originally Posted by weapon_zero View Post
    Installed 1.18d last night right away, but i am not sure if the issue is resolved.
    the first two guards in the Bafford's cellar should be slightly easier to knock out now. also, the Thieves Guild mission shouldn't be so difficult anymore (it was very difficult to knock someone out without anyone noticing prior to 18d).

OMG ... I've got Thief Gold working

Haven't played this for years

I love you

There is a mission bug, that Garrett can swim in lava in mission "The Mage Towers" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQTZzsb4VDs (some damages only at the beggining on normal and hard difficulty; death on expert).

Zombified
    yeah, there is more than one thing wrong with that pool. will be fixed sooner or later.

replaced mirror due to update
    Last edited by Esme; 31st Jan 2014 at 07:52. Reason: mirrored new file

How do I get the Enhancement Pack to work with Gecko's HD Texture Pack.I followed your instructions and but when I start all the HD Textures show up but none of the ones upgraded by the EP show up. So I still have the old doors,loot,switch and other stuff textures.

Page 34 of 114 FirstFirst ... 491419242930313233343536373839444954596469747984 ... LastLast