TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 41 of 114 FirstFirst ... 611162126313637383940414243444546515661667176818691 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2849

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    1) correct. I believe this is already mentioned in the hdmod FAQ/readme. anyway, they are not going to cause any harm (as hdmod deactivates them), and having 150MB of redundant files shouldn't be a problem on today's hdds.

2) as long as the meshes are in a mod folder that is getting loaded by the engine, they will be used ingame. the character detail setting is not used or needed anymore.

True enough. It's probably just a sure sign I've spent WAY too much time modding Fallout 3 and Skyrim that I worry about incompatabilities like this. I made a video showing newbies how to set up TFix, ep2, SFX, and HD Textures, and I wasn't exactly sure if the TFix options were needed or incompatable. I've read over the HD Mod faq and couldn't find anything about it disabling the TFix options. I now stand corrected.

I also think I was expecting much higher polycount models in Daemonite's mesh pack, rather than retooled T2 meshes. It appears that the textures are correctly being used, but the UV unwrapping was poorly done on the original model, causing the texture to be skewed, especially around the arms and legs of the guards. This is why they look blurry to me. Maybe someday we'll see guards with higher polycounts and more rounded looking features.

Zombified
    yes, while the better AI meshes have more polys, they are not hipoly by any means. they are still much better than the orig models which don't even have necks though (and their texture mapping is really awful). anyway, you can get better textures for them, if you want. they are not included in TFix, as they are a bit too hires, and would look out of place with the rest of TFix assets.

I've noticed that the textures in the hd texture mod will be overrided by the ones in tfix, even if I install hd texture mod last. Is there a way to change the order of priority of the mods, or is the only option to not install those mods? I was hoping to gain the benefit of the improved meshes without the textures.

*EDIT even if the answer is to reinstall, i'm still curious as to how some textures have priority over others...

Look for a file called cam_mod.ini in your thief root directory. Open this up in notepad or notepad++ and scroll to the bottom. There's a "mod_path" line that shows the order of where thief looks for mods. I just checked mine and HDMOD is first. You should post what yours says so we can see what order yours is set at.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by auricgoldfinger View Post
    I've noticed that the textures in the hd texture mod will be overrided by the ones in tfix
    impossibru. TFix's base install does not contain any updated fam textures (and hdmod disables all mods, as far as I'm aware, by removing the paths from cam_mod.ini). post your cam_mod.ini just to be sure.

I noticed one blue texture in TFix 1.18h in mission "Undercover"; this is map bug or something other about engine?

Zombified
    if you are using hdmod, then it's a hdmod map issue, if it's happening with the TFix map as well, post a screenshot of the place so I'll be able to find it and check it.

The installer for this really needs screenshots of each install component. It assumes you already know what all of this stuff looks like.

Zombified
    yeeah if you can send me a proper nsis code snippet, then I'm adding them first thing tomorrow. right now, I'm assuming that people that don't really care and "just want to play nicely" will install everything (as that is the default), and those who want to be as close to vanilla as possible will deselect all anyway. besides, you can't really go wrong with any combination.

Quote from TFix's readme: "burrick's little toe now bends in a 45 angle instead of 40" - what it is (glitch)?

Zombified
    that's a pun.

Maybe more specifically about this definition (don't understand it)?

Zombified
    it's just a bit funny way of expressing that NewDarked T1/TG will never work exactly like it worked with oldDark. no burrick little toes were harmed in the update process.

A lot of anomalies in TFix's mission (and original) "Strange Bedfellows" - sadly Especially with torch/torches.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 12th Mar 2014 at 14:44.

Zombified
    yes. remember, if the mission is not mentioned in the readme as "overhauled", the amount of fixes will be quite low. Bedfellows is one of those that haven't received a good tuneup just yet.

I'm sorry if this was asked before but I recently upgraded my computer and now I get this with Thief Gold and Thief 2:

My non-ND versions of both games don't have that and none of my other games have that so I assume this is related to NewDark. Even DromEd is affected.

Zombified
    NewDark itself is not going to make the levels red, if that's what you are asking. however, reprocessing them under NewDark can do that, if you set something incorrectly.

Thing is, I didn't do anything except upgrade to Win 8.1. I didn't change any option, didn't tweak any ini file. I went in game-mode with my mission and the screen became red-tinted, so I tried with my second ND Thief Gold and with Thief 2 and they're both like that as well, and now DromEd also has this red tint.

Zombified
    so, is this a dromed problem, or does it also happen when you run the game normally?

It also happens when I run the game normally.

Zombified
    so, you take the unmodified game, patch it up with TFix, run it, and it looks like that?

No. I already had the game installed with TFix before upgrading my computer. In fact DromEd appeared normal even after the upgrade, but as soon as I went into game-mode this red thing appeared and it also appeared on TG and T2 when I launched them normally after I did that.

Zombified
    I would recommend a clean reinstall of the game then. it certainly won't make things any worse.

Well it doesn't make things any better either, I'm afraid. I reinstalled it, patched it with TFix 1.18g and it's still the same. I noticed this however, I didn't have it before:

I have no clue what's going on.
    EDIT: I don't get this issue if I disable Direct3D 9.
    Last edited by skacky; 13th Mar 2014 at 14:39.

Page 41 of 114 FirstFirst ... 611162126313637383940414243444546515661667176818691 ... LastLast