TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 45 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647484950556065707580859095 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2844

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    this is, again, the "just don't do it" category. these glitches happen. NewDark probably fixes most of them, but I have no way of verifying, as I can't trigger the exploit. also, if someone uses oldDark nowadays, he knows what he's in for, and is on his own.
    SHAS glitch? Fixed? Not until the end - some "square" brushes will sometimes block the player permanently (even in Thief 1.21), as I wrote in a previous message.

I noticed that you fixed this protruding brush in level "The Sword" in TFix 1.18 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mmd9tpOsZs

Maybe yet one protruding brush in Bonehoard at the beginning? I think - to rethink.

And other (unidentified?) rope glitch, sometimes happened to the player, when the parameter for head in file cam.cfg (springcap max_spring_vel) is above than 50 (total damages: 249):

Last edited by Xmodule999; 26th Mar 2014 at 11:16.

So how do I patch Steam version of Thief Gold with TFix? Just hit install in Steam and run the patch afterwards or what? If there's a possibility to NOT run Steam and leave it open every time I want to play TG, it would be great.

You might wanna put that in the first post. Same goes for GOG version.

Zombified
    install TG, run the patcher once the game is 100% installed, let it do its magic, done. you can then run the game in any way you prefer - via steam, or by launching the exe directly. as mentioned before, there is literally no way of screwing this up.

Okay, thanks. I can also copy it to another location and run the patch then?

With which program can I join all my videos to one file; videos with not the same resolutions (for reporting bugs)?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 26th Mar 2014 at 16:39.

Zombified
    http://www.virtualdub.org/ should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMarzio View Post
    Okay, thanks. I can also copy it to another location and run the patch then?
    yes.

http://www.virtualdub.org/ should work fine.
    With the same resolution works, but not works with not the same resolutions (I used option Append AVI segment).
    Last edited by nickie; 26th Mar 2014 at 17:22. Reason: fixed quote

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    With the same resolution works, but not works with not the same resolutions
    Then DON'T DO THAT.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    DON'T DO THAT.
    pretty sure this phrase is not in his vocabulary.

pretty sure this phrase is not in his vocabulary.
    Lol he is making sure you have plenty to do :/

Ultimate difficulty mod - a mod dedicated for Thief 1 and Thief 2. An old mod compared to patch 1.19. And this mod have some glitches, like blockjacking... maybe a small corect to this mod? Some people prefer more hard game than this original - obvious evidence.

Zombified
    the easiest way would be converting the difficulty mod into a dml. unfortunately, this would require quite a lot of research and work. will be done eventually.

There is a glitch (rather a glitch) in Cragscleft Prison while jumping above wooden planks:

Seems for me a glitch because - no logical reason for sudden end of the game.

Zombified
    the logical reason is that you shouldn't use item stacking to get there. as mentioned before, preventing such exploits would require invisi-walling entire levels, something nobody really wants me to do (myself included).

the easiest way would be converting the difficulty mod into a dml. unfortunately, this would require quite a lot of research and work. will be done eventually.
    I think that you have the opportunity to fix glitch "archer's fear" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE3ovbW2lTk. Looks like DARK.GAM glitch, because with Thief 1.37 and original DARK.GAM this glitch not work. It work with TFix's DARK.GAM and Thief 1.21.

There's a plate sunk into the table at Lord Bafford's library.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that texture on the table seems to be a bit misaligned too.

Mission "Undercover" would be more nice to play without this uneven brush (because of cosmetic effect):

the logical reason is that you shouldn't use item stacking to get there. as mentioned before, preventing such exploits would require invisi-walling entire levels, something nobody really wants me to do (myself included).
    Just curious, but instead of invisi-walling it, why not add an extra plank, that isn't mantle-able? Or maybe several such. Not that I'm asking you to do that, but it seems a viable alternative to invisible walls (hate those.) Putting stained glass in windows people have finagled ways of getting through, putting spikes on top of fences people have found ways to mantle on too, putting a steep roof brush on the top of a building, things like that?

Now, the only "fixes" I really want are things that are just crazy. the stick on the ground that I have to "jump over" to get past, the spot on the floor that I have to avoid because stepping on it, for some reason equals a 10000 foot drop (insta-killing me.) Things like that. Don't remember any exact ones off hand, but I remember things like that happening, in the vanilla game. Those are important fixes, and may have already been taken care of.

Less important, but to me also extremely desirable, fix the war zones... Prime example is the burricks and fire elementals in lost city. Before, if you just stayed a certain distance away, they didn't get into battle. But with NewDark, they can go to war before you even get to the city, much less get close enough to control it (for stat preservation.) I gave up on consistently getting a perfect score on that level (usually have at least one, and most times many, "discovered" bodies there.) I got one "once" for my saves archive, not trying for more.

Exploits (unless they are more on the line of cheats,) are way down on the list. So, someone found out that stacking 50 bottles and a bolder next to a building lets them get to an area that traps them??? Ok, don't stack 50 bottles and a bolder, come on now... Still, when time permits, finding a realistic way of blocking it would still be nice. Just, please, no invisible walls. Put spikes on the wall, or an angle brush that prevents climbing, or something

Zombified
    find them, report them, and as long as I'm able to replicate, I can almost always fix. and remember the rule of three - screenshot, save, description.

also, I think I already know how to fix the lost city creature wars - setting proper AI efficiency should do the trick. now I only need to find out what "proper" is.

and yeah, as stated before, the hardcore exploits have a low priority - I'm not very eager to delve into this can of worms, so unless they are very easy to replicate and they break something horribly, I'll probably leave them alone.

Zombified
    they are not missing, they are just not there - there is no rule that says that every single alcove needs to have a torch inside.

Zombified
    yeah, that's the map's 0.0.0. location, some stuff is stored there, like the fire arrow trails. not sure whether it's safe to move them, maybe I'll ask over at TEG.

yeah, that's the map's 0.0.0. location, some stuff is stored there, like the fire arrow trails. not sure whether it's safe to move them, maybe I'll ask over at TEG.
    There is no this "strange fire" in Thief 1.37, why?

TEG.
    What's this?

Zombified
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Thief 1.37 works a bit differently, that's why.

Page 45 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647484950556065707580859095 ... LastLast