TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 48 of 114 FirstFirst ... 381318232833384344454647484950515253586368737883889398 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2834

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

  1. #1176
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    see, that wasn't so hard, now was it - and it took me 15 seconds to find out that the place is near obj 232. now I can fix it with ease.

    //actually, there is no room behind that wall, so there is nothing to fix.

  2. #1177
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    see, that wasn't so hard, now was it - and it took me 15 seconds to find out that the place is near obj 232. now I can fix it with ease.

    //actually, there is no room behind that wall, so there is nothing to fix.
    Uploading savegame - missing torches in Bonehoard or/and missing lamp in Thieves' Guild? Or these glitches are out of the rules?

  3. #1178
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    I don't consider this a problem, so no need. I do not add objects unless I really, really have to.

    need saves for:

    black element over door in level "Thieves' Guild
    black element on door in level "Strange Bedfellows"
    glitch "only: you cannot change my destiny Thief"
    Moss textures

    the rest is already fixed or not a real problem.

  4. #1179
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Incorrect texture TMT savegame: http://www.sendspace.pl/file/63be9ee4544503964ef56f7

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    glitch "only: you cannot change my destiny Thief"
    This is not a problem - only need to hit by blackjack some mages. Seems as engine or sounds glitch, not textures glitch.

    No this lamp in level "Thieves' Guild" - currently the game is child's play - even on expert with Ultimate difficulty mod (because there is no additional light) - lamps and torches are glowing...

    Savegame "over" - http://www.sendspace.pl/file/216157320f37a9fa44c048d

    Savegame "on" - http://www.sendspace.pl/file/9fff212578790bf03f33066

    Savegame "moss texture" - http://www.sendspace.pl/file/b7562bc5d0dcfb7657fc861
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 14th Apr 2014 at 16:55.

  5. #1180
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    fixed what I could fix fast, and 1.19b is online (originally meant to only include the proper version of Assassins which has slipped out of 1.19a somehow, but no harm in fixing a bunch of bugs on the way). I will take a short break break from Thief now, but do keep submitting bugs, I'm going to make a list.

    *fires up Shocked*

  6. #1181
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Still there is a glitch in start place in level "Assassins" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L74n5rGSxmE - after death, and after blackjacking Farkus - he will be not dead, but unconscious.

    "Swimming in lava" bug (level "The Mage Towers") was fixed?

  7. #1182
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Thanks, voodoo47!
    Unfortunately the link to v1.19b does not work.

  8. #1183
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    yeah, had to fix something real quick (Bafford's). should be online now.


    yes, the lava was fixed, now you can go kill yourself properly. also, just leave the bloody old Farkus die in peace, he is fixed as much as he can be.

  9. #1184
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2013
    I've been watching this thread for the past while, but wanted to wait to see if Xmodule999 would get a clue before speaking up.

    Xmodule999, may I politely ask what is wrong with you? I don't mean to be malicious, I just find your refusal to send saves infinitely annoying, and I'm not even the dev! It takes more effort to record a video and upload it to YouTube than it does to hit the quicksave key and upload it to TinyFile or some other host.

    It's great and awesome that you can manage to find all these bugs so quickly, and I'm certain the videos are quite useful in demonstrating the problem, but those savegames contain mechanical and behavioral information that a video just CANNOT provide. And why do you act like a snark when being begged to do this one extra little step, such as saying that Xmodule999 refuses to do so but Xmodule1000 could be willing? What does that even mean?

    I just... I just don't get it. Do you do this to troll people? One of my pet peeves is refusal to do necessary and easy tasks for completely irrational reasons.
    Last edited by nickie; 15th Apr 2014 at 05:58. Reason: no need for that

  10. #1185
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    One glitch with two brushes - these two "fly" brushes in air are definitely visible - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h9N9hHEoxI

    One glitch with this scene - there is a scene glitch - only need to return to the chimney, and then go to the casino - for some reason will be no default casino music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2d26mG_V4

    Two glitches - Assassins two glitches - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF4OrhMj8tU

    These four bugs was not repaired in TFix 1.19b.

    EDIT: Yet these two (three?) bugs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBv4cJvNFyU
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 15th Apr 2014 at 05:57.

  11. #1186
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: Sheffield, UK
    Mirror for TFix_1.19b.exe

  12. #1187
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    thanks.


    the arrow poking through the brushes and the wood texture are indeed bugs and will be fixed (that weird window brush in Bedfellows as well - I know about it, but not sure what I want to do with it, I don't like to move brushes around too much), but can't do anything with the rest - maybe just you know, stop throwing things at Farkus? the man has to die for the sake of the story, so how about some respect.


    @Blastfrog: he did submit saves when I asked him, and as long as he will continue to provide them again where necessary (no need to add saves for Farkus's shop for example, as that place is at the very start of the level), then everything is ok - as long as I can avoid unnecessary Dromed searches I care not what format is used to submit bugs (still, screenshot+save+description is most enjoyable).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 15th Apr 2014 at 08:15.

  13. #1188
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    the arrow poking through the brushes and the wood texture are indeed bugs and will be fixed (that weird window brush in Bedfellows as well - I know about it, but not sure what I want to do with it, I don't like to move brushes around too much), but can't do anything with the rest - maybe just you know, stop throwing things at Farkus? the man has to die for the sake of the story, so how about some respect.
    "Archer's fear" - impossible to fix it in level "Assassins"? After using water arrow this archer is furious - I am also furious while after the game I see death scene.

    Is still possible to complete mission "A Keeper's Training" without fight (fight with guard).
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 15th Apr 2014 at 11:16.

  14. #1189
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    I would guess it's a T2 vs T1 difference (AIs react to the water arrows in T2 but do not react in T1). it's probably fixable by editing the AI responses, but that's currently out of my reach. sometime in the future. same goes for the sleeping AIs not waking up properly when damaged -will be fixed as soon as I figure out how.

  15. #1190
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I would guess it's a T2 vs T1 difference (AIs react to the water arrows in T2 but do not react in T1). it's probably fixable by editing the AI responses, but that's currently out of my reach. sometime in the future. same goes for the sleeping AIs not waking up properly when damaged -will be fixed as soon as I figure out how.
    After installing TFix 1.19b and copying original file DARK.GAM (from version 1.37) to Thief instalation there is no this bug. Without DARK.GAM from version 1.37 still will be this bug.

  16. #1191
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    ok, now that's interesting. I'll talk to the gamesys guys.

  17. #1192
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    The same DARK.GAM (from version 1.37) have blockjacking.

    0 sound propagation while using this alarm button in "Undercover" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDfP9_IKtvc
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 15th Apr 2014 at 11:53.

  18. #1193
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    From what I see, you can't fix this glitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE3ovbW2lTk - an effect after installing TFix 1.19
    I'm not able to replicate this. no matter how many water arrows I shoot, the mission will not fail. are you sure you are not using some other gamesys (ultimate difficulty)?

  19. #1194
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    @Blastfrog: he did submit saves when I asked him, and as long as he will continue to provide them again where necessary (no need to add saves for Farkus's shop for example, as that place is at the very start of the level), then everything is ok - as long as I can avoid unnecessary Dromed searches I care not what format is used to submit bugs (still, screenshot+save+description is most enjoyable).
    My apologies to both of you, then. Since I didn't see any saves being posted publicly, I (wrongly) jumped to the conclusion that he still wasn't making any. I was also under the impression that they contained necessary game-state info for debugging (such as precice object properties, etc).

  20. #1195
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I'm not able to replicate this. no matter how many water arrows I shoot, the mission will not fail. are you sure you are not using some other gamesys (ultimate difficulty)?
    I played this with installed TFix (NewDark) and original TFix's DARK.GAM file. You should try this not only by shooting water arrows to windows, but yet by shooting water arrows to archer (not to swordguard, but to archer).

  21. #1196
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    they are public, see the sendspace links a couple of posts above. I only need them when I don't recognize the place with the bug right away (circa 40% - I do not have all the Thief levels burned into my memory, yet), so for example, seeing a video that shows an improper brush in a tunnel of Cragscleft is not going to help much, as there are a lot of tunnels there (I'm usually able to find the place anyway, just flying around and trying to find something that looks familiar, but it's annoying and time consuming). saves solve this, as I can load them into Dromed, and jump to the location with a hit of a key. once there, fixing a simple object position or texture bug is just a matter of seconds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    I played this with installed TFix (NewDark) and original TFix's DARK.GAM file. You should try this not only by shooting water arrows to windows, but yet by shooting water arrows to archer (not to swordguard, but to archer).
    nope, still the same, I've tried shooting windows, the guard, the ground around, he goes "is someone following us", but that's it, no alert, and no mission failure. you sure that you are not doing anything weird?

  22. #1197
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    From time to time it will not work also for me - if not work, only need to restart mission and try it again. The most important rule is - shoot only one water arrow to archer at the start, when these guards will start his patrolling.

    EDIT: Prohibited is going to this archer - Garrett must shoot this water arrow at the door.

    EDIT2: Where can I find information, how many posts I wrote in this forum?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 15th Apr 2014 at 14:13.

  23. #1198
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    oh, so it's edge case scenario. a bit difficult to troubleshoot. we'll see.

    // quick fix to Bafford's, Bonehoard and Assassins. will compile 1.19c this weekend probably.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 15th Apr 2014 at 18:29.

  24. #1199
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    This place in Bonehoard at the moment 0:25 is still as not corked - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwPqoIEjIWY

    If not to corking this place - maybe a window in this place? What would be better - window or corking?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 16th Apr 2014 at 03:43.

  25. #1200
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Between dreams and shadows...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    "Archer's fear" - impossible to fix it in level "Assassins"? After using water arrow this archer is furious - I am also furious while after the game I see death scene.
    Wait, so, the problem is that, if you randomly splash an AI with water* when you're explicitly not supposed to be alerting them to your presence, it alerts them to your presence and fails the mission.

    I'm failing to see how this is actually incorrect behaviour in any way whatsoever other than "the old engine let me get away with this hilariously broken behaviour!"

    * let's just ignore the chunk of wood attached to the water crystal for the moment and assume it isn't a direct hit and makes no noise as it bounces off things...

Page 48 of 114 FirstFirst ... 381318232833384344454647484950515253586368737883889398 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •