TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 71217222732374247525354555657585960616267727782879297102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2855

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

  1. #1401
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    ah, of course, he may be fireproof, but he still needs to breathe, so he suffocates when dropped into lava. nothing to fix then.

  2. #1402
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    This thing in mission "Strange Bedfellows" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyg6YsKel0

    Dropping explosive mine, gas mine to place without sound propagation will be with this strange effect - all mines will be active after 1 second. Why?

    Glitch is, when all soundcards are disabled in Windows system - when are disabled all mines will explode not after ~4 second, but after 1 second. Why?

    About video "7":

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    unable to replicate.
    How to replicate it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L35qO09EsGs

    EDIT: Maybe I reported it some time ago, maybe not, here is this bug with lamps (lamps in wall) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiXi7GX7Gro

    EDIT 2: Elevator textures - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G5kEMkZ3CE

    Blocked archer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2p16Z_X0Sg
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 4th Jun 2014 at 07:04.

  3. #1403
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: New Jersey, USA
    Does, or will, TFix include 32-bit lightmaps?? I thought it did, but I'm playing through Thief Gold via a Steam install and while the textures and models were updated, the lightmaps don't seem to be. Just curious. Thanks for the awesome patch, btw.
    Last edited by Frikkinjerk; 12th Jun 2014 at 04:21.

  4. #1404
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    no, no higher res lightmaps at the moment. probably someday in the future.

  5. #1405
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    This place in level "The Mage Towers" (as in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPbtsbX6oM ) is still reachable by using one rope arrow.

    I detected that this key is crazy because of new invisible object "tower_walkways" or similar name, in the same place. Will be removed, like in original "The Mage Towers" map?

    EDIT: I don't understand this statement: "Unable to find edge containing collision point (File: PHCORE.CPP, Line: 6104 (Yes to trap, No to exit, Cancel to ignore)". I had this statement while playing level "The Mage Towers" with TFix's map, but in DromEd. What does it mean?

  6. #1406
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    yeah, that place can be used to bug out the physics. as you are not supposed to be there (and won't be able to go there unless you use item stacking or Dromed, or a rope arrow in a unintended way), it's not really a problem. I'm not going to move around half of the level hoping it will be fixed, and break three other places in the process. "don't do that".

    Dromed will throw messages at you when you bug things out, nothing unusual.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 12th Jun 2014 at 21:34.

  7. #1407
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    yeah, that place can be used to bug out the physics. as you are not supposed to be there (and won't be able to go there unless you use item stacking or Dromed, or a rope arrow in a unintended way), it's not really a problem. I'm not going to move around half of the level hoping it will be fixed, and break three other places in the process. "don't do that".
    Original map is without this "tower_walkways" as "small live".

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    because the orig game does not have it. TFix represents an attempt to restore the original game into fully working condition while staying true to the original, and while I do have to make my best guess sometimes when restoring (or adding) something that was broken (or missing) from day one, I only do this when there is no other option, and the change is always discussed, tested, and tested again before implementing. adding random ladders at user request is definitely not within scope.
    Exactly. TFix should represents the original game - into fully working condition while staying true to the original. This place with object "tower_walkways" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVi6NlVD-OY

  8. #1408
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    that is jus a room brush with EAX setting, not present on the orig map as that one is stripped (room brushes have been made uneditable). as for that place where you can bug out physics, I'll make it simple for you;

    WILL NOT FIX

    no matter how many times you quote my post with TFix description. live with it.

  9. #1409
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    no matter how many times you quote my post with TFix description. live with it.
    Exactly - irreparable.

    Holes are also irreparable.

    Why there are no lockpicks sounds in this place - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Eguk1XhFI ?

  10. #1410
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    sound propagation, most probably.

  11. #1411
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    right now I'm knee-deep in SS2's SCP.
    Can't wait for that...Do you have a projected release date?

  12. #1412
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    hammering on the last few rough edges. no date, but if ZB says we're close, then we are.

  13. #1413
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Gecko in his HD MOD sent this mod in 3 links - Google Drive, MediaFire, and Moddb. Why TFix is only on Google Drive?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 19th Jun 2014 at 06:22.

  14. #1414
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Gecko in his HD MOD sent this mod in 3 links - Google Drive, MediaFire, and Moddb. Why TFix is only on Google Drive?
    because it's enough?

  15. #1415
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    because it's enough?
    Isn't enough, because there were some problems with access about this sole link. It was a broken link to TFix some time ago, right?

  16. #1416
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: Sheffield, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Isn't enough, because there were some problems with access about this sole link. It was a broken link to TFix some time ago, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    There are mirrors but voodoo doesn't control them, I try to keep mine up to date and post the link in here when I do.

    Considering voodoo is working his ass off on your behalf for free, I wouldn't be so critical about his methods of distribution, he's doing his best, he's under no obligation to release these updates.

  17. #1417
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    more mirrors are usually added when the primary mirror is so overwhelmed that it either slows down considerably, or stops responding to the download requests completely. I don't remember this happening at any point, nor has anyone complained that the gdrive mirror is slow, unresponsive or anything. moddb might be helpful in getting more recognition, but I don't think that is required anymore, googling for "thief gold patch/update" will take you right to the TTLG topic.

  18. #1418
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    I noticed that HD MOD have blood from T2, but TFix still have original blood from Thief 1. Impossible to change?

  19. #1419
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    it's on the to do list.

  20. #1420
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    it's on the to do list.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    TFix represents an attempt to restore the original game into fully working condition while staying true to the original, and while I do have to make my best guess sometimes when restoring (or adding) something that was broken (or missing) from day one, I only do this when there is no other option, and the change is always discussed, tested, and tested again before implementing. adding random ladders at user request is definitely not within scope.
    But this is not the same like original? Where is true - this first quote or this second quote?

  21. #1421
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    replacing broken, unfinished or unfitting assets is well within scope, and has already been done on more than one occasion.

    what I strive for is harmony, not mindless preservation of every single asset just because it's "LGS made". for example, the original day skies were beyond any salvation, so they were kicked out. problem solved. do I really have to bring in dr. Doom again to explain how TFix works?

  22. #1422
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    replacing broken, unfinished or unfitting assets is well within scope, and has already been done on more than one occasion.

    what I strive for is harmony, not mindless preservation of every single asset just because it's "LGS made". for example, the original day skies were beyond any salvation, so they were kicked out. problem solved. do I really have to bring in dr. Doom again to explain how TFix works?
    New sky, new blood, but without three missing torches in "Down in the Bonehoard", without missing lamp in "Thieves' Guild", eventually this ladder in "A Keeper's Training"? Are you serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    unfinished
    Unfinished is this missing lamp in "Thieves' Guild", also, these three missing torches in "Down in the Bonehoard", if you don't knew.

  23. #1423
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    yes. as mentioned before, in the end, I will always do whatever the taff I feel is right.


  24. #1424
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    While shooting arrows to wall there are damages, but no any damages while hitting the wall by using the sword or the blackjack; there are sounds only while using arrows. For the wall the sword and the blackjack are invisible. Possible to fix?

  25. #1425
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    this is intentional. no plans to change it in any way.

Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 71217222732374247525354555657585960616267727782879297102107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •