TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 71217222732374247525354555657585960616267727782879297102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2855

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    ah, of course, he may be fireproof, but he still needs to breathe, so he suffocates when dropped into lava. nothing to fix then.

This thing in mission "Strange Bedfellows" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyg6YsKel0

Dropping explosive mine, gas mine to place without sound propagation will be with this strange effect - all mines will be active after 1 second. Why?

Glitch is, when all soundcards are disabled in Windows system - when are disabled all mines will explode not after ~4 second, but after 1 second. Why?

About video "7":

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    unable to replicate.
    How to replicate it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L35qO09EsGs

EDIT: Maybe I reported it some time ago, maybe not, here is this bug with lamps (lamps in wall) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiXi7GX7Gro

EDIT 2: Elevator textures - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G5kEMkZ3CE

Blocked archer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2p16Z_X0Sg
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 4th Jun 2014 at 07:04.

Does, or will, TFix include 32-bit lightmaps?? I thought it did, but I'm playing through Thief Gold via a Steam install and while the textures and models were updated, the lightmaps don't seem to be. Just curious. Thanks for the awesome patch, btw.
    Last edited by Frikkinjerk; 12th Jun 2014 at 04:21.

Zombified
    no, no higher res lightmaps at the moment. probably someday in the future.

This place in level "The Mage Towers" (as in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPbtsbX6oM ) is still reachable by using one rope arrow.

I detected that this key is crazy because of new invisible object "tower_walkways" or similar name, in the same place. Will be removed, like in original "The Mage Towers" map?

EDIT: I don't understand this statement: "Unable to find edge containing collision point (File: PHCORE.CPP, Line: 6104 (Yes to trap, No to exit, Cancel to ignore)". I had this statement while playing level "The Mage Towers" with TFix's map, but in DromEd. What does it mean?

Zombified
    yeah, that place can be used to bug out the physics. as you are not supposed to be there (and won't be able to go there unless you use item stacking or Dromed, or a rope arrow in a unintended way), it's not really a problem. I'm not going to move around half of the level hoping it will be fixed, and break three other places in the process. "don't do that".

Dromed will throw messages at you when you bug things out, nothing unusual.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 12th Jun 2014 at 21:34.

yeah, that place can be used to bug out the physics. as you are not supposed to be there (and won't be able to go there unless you use item stacking or Dromed, or a rope arrow in a unintended way), it's not really a problem. I'm not going to move around half of the level hoping it will be fixed, and break three other places in the process. "don't do that".
    Original map is without this "tower_walkways" as "small live".

because the orig game does not have it. TFix represents an attempt to restore the original game into fully working condition while staying true to the original, and while I do have to make my best guess sometimes when restoring (or adding) something that was broken (or missing) from day one, I only do this when there is no other option, and the change is always discussed, tested, and tested again before implementing. adding random ladders at user request is definitely not within scope.
    Exactly. TFix should represents the original game - into fully working condition while staying true to the original. This place with object "tower_walkways" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVi6NlVD-OY

Zombified
    that is jus a room brush with EAX setting, not present on the orig map as that one is stripped (room brushes have been made uneditable). as for that place where you can bug out physics, I'll make it simple for you;

WILL NOT FIX

no matter how many times you quote my post with TFix description. live with it.

no matter how many times you quote my post with TFix description. live with it.
    Exactly - irreparable.

Holes are also irreparable.

Why there are no lockpicks sounds in this place - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Eguk1XhFI ?

Zombified
    sound propagation, most probably.

right now I'm knee-deep in SS2's SCP.
    Can't wait for that...Do you have a projected release date?

Zombified
    hammering on the last few rough edges. no date, but if ZB says we're close, then we are.

Gecko in his HD MOD sent this mod in 3 links - Google Drive, MediaFire, and Moddb. Why TFix is only on Google Drive?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 19th Jun 2014 at 06:22.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Gecko in his HD MOD sent this mod in 3 links - Google Drive, MediaFire, and Moddb. Why TFix is only on Google Drive?
    because it's enough?

because it's enough?
    Isn't enough, because there were some problems with access about this sole link. It was a broken link to TFix some time ago, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Isn't enough, because there were some problems with access about this sole link. It was a broken link to TFix some time ago, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    There are mirrors but voodoo doesn't control them, I try to keep mine up to date and post the link in here when I do.

Considering voodoo is working his ass off on your behalf for free, I wouldn't be so critical about his methods of distribution, he's doing his best, he's under no obligation to release these updates.

Zombified
    more mirrors are usually added when the primary mirror is so overwhelmed that it either slows down considerably, or stops responding to the download requests completely. I don't remember this happening at any point, nor has anyone complained that the gdrive mirror is slow, unresponsive or anything. moddb might be helpful in getting more recognition, but I don't think that is required anymore, googling for "thief gold patch/update" will take you right to the TTLG topic.

I noticed that HD MOD have blood from T2, but TFix still have original blood from Thief 1. Impossible to change?

Zombified
    it's on the to do list.

it's on the to do list.
    TFix represents an attempt to restore the original game into fully working condition while staying true to the original, and while I do have to make my best guess sometimes when restoring (or adding) something that was broken (or missing) from day one, I only do this when there is no other option, and the change is always discussed, tested, and tested again before implementing. adding random ladders at user request is definitely not within scope.
    But this is not the same like original? Where is true - this first quote or this second quote?

Zombified
    replacing broken, unfinished or unfitting assets is well within scope, and has already been done on more than one occasion.

what I strive for is harmony, not mindless preservation of every single asset just because it's "LGS made". for example, the original day skies were beyond any salvation, so they were kicked out. problem solved. do I really have to bring in dr. Doom again to explain how TFix works?

replacing broken, unfinished or unfitting assets is well within scope, and has already been done on more than one occasion.

what I strive for is harmony, not mindless preservation of every single asset just because it's "LGS made". for example, the original day skies were beyond any salvation, so they were kicked out. problem solved. do I really have to bring in dr. Doom again to explain how TFix works?
    New sky, new blood, but without three missing torches in "Down in the Bonehoard", without missing lamp in "Thieves' Guild", eventually this ladder in "A Keeper's Training"? Are you serious?

unfinished
    Unfinished is this missing lamp in "Thieves' Guild", also, these three missing torches in "Down in the Bonehoard", if you don't knew.

Zombified
    yes. as mentioned before, in the end, I will always do whatever the taff I feel is right.

While shooting arrows to wall there are damages, but no any damages while hitting the wall by using the sword or the blackjack; there are sounds only while using arrows. For the wall the sword and the blackjack are invisible. Possible to fix?

Zombified
    this is intentional. no plans to change it in any way.

Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 71217222732374247525354555657585960616267727782879297102107 ... LastLast