TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1217222732374247525758596061626364656667727782879297102107112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2851

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    from new_commands.txt;
    Code:
    set_tex_filter           : set texture filtering mode: 0 point, 1 linear, 2- aniso
    sounds like that could be it.

Thanks, that does the trick! It works in game. It butchers lighting a bit but I'm sure I can fiddle around with other commands.

I uninstalled the previous version and the game andI re-installed it completely but now when I point TFix to the Thief folder it insists in saying that it's not a viable folder.

1. I cleaned the registry after the uninstall.
    2. I rebooted after the re-install.
    3. Yes, I'm sure it's the right folder with the Thief EXE.
    4. This is the GOG version 2.0.0.46 which comes with Thief_ND.exe.

Do you have any suggestion?

Zombified
    the exe is the only thing the patcher cares about. rename it to thief.exe, re-run the patcher, done.

It worked, thank you.

EDIT: is the HD 0.9.3 mod compatible with TFix 1.20? The reason Im asking is that at the beginning of the first mission, with just the TFix applied, Garrett comments that there are to many guards in front of Bafford's. But if I apply the HD mod, he doesn't say anything.
    Last edited by Fallen+Keeper; 8th Aug 2014 at 20:58.

Zombified
    hdmod uses its own maps, that means any TFix map tweaks will be discarded. Gecko needs to port these small fixes into his maps manually.

also yeah, 093 is not fully compatible with TFix 1.20, as the dmls will not work (they must be re-enabled manually by editing the maps, side effect of NewDark 1.22 additional functionality). Gecko will need to update (unless he has already incorporated this fixes into his maps as I have recommended). anyway, this will not break the game in any catastrophic way.

//ok, not a problem, as hdmod disables TFix mods completely. so nothing to see here, everything is fine, TFix 1.20 and the latest hdmod should still work ok.

I was planing to have a look at current state of the hdmod maps, but I would need two undead lives to have enough time to do that. maybe when SCP is finally out.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 10th Aug 2014 at 15:32.

Something wrong with speedpotions I think, right - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipuj4d2s_b8 ? I mean of course this unstable speedpotion's bottom (red color).

Zombified
    this is an object problem. make sure it also exists in EP2, and if it does, report it in the EP topic (sorry NV).

Hey guys!

I really don't know what might be causing this problem, so I'll post this here.
    I recently installed Thief Gold with TFix 1.20 and HD Texture Mod 093 exactly as instructed, and there seems to be a problem with the missions Escape! and Strange Bedfellows for me. The whole sky is messed up, in Escape! it's a blinding bright white, in Strange Bedfellows it's bright green. What could be problem?
    I had two other saves, checked them out, one for Bonehoard and one for Return to the Cathedral, those levels seem to be ok.

Zombified
    no such issues with just TFix, so either some install messup or something hdmod related.

One hole in level "A Keeper's Training" - fixable? It was fixable. But you forgot to fix holes in level "The Mage Towers". Of course near exit doors from fire tower.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 10th Aug 2014 at 16:02.

Zombified
    no. the reasons were already mentioned, look them up.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    no such issues with just TFix, so either some install messup or something hdmod related.
    I just checked it without the HD Mod, restarting Escape!. The problem is gone, the sky was normal again, so maybe it is a conflict between TFix 1.20 and HD Mod 093?

Zombified
    conflict is extremely unlikely, as there is virtually nothing that can conflict - hdmod completely disables all TFix mods, leaving just the NewDark and dml base. so, if you see some problem, it's most likely a bug in the hdmod map. will check later today.

Ok, I just realised something, maybe it is a HD mod feature after all? With the HD Mod, in the mission Escape! there is a distinct fog around the player that makes everything pinkish in the distance, and greenish in the level Strange Bedfellows. And that makes the sky in the distance the same color as that fog around the player.
    I maybe mistook that for a bug, because that looks really out of place, the night sky being not dark and all... They were completely dark in the original versions.

You can see what I mean at the beginning of this mission here (the sky is green):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC3MRRL_VmY

But another interesting thing is, there is a room in Escape! where you can see space, emptiness, with full of darkness, night sky and stars (same as in The Sword). That place was completely white with HD Mod enabled. White. All of it. That really isn't "normal".

Zombified
    yeah, hdmod map issues. report them to Gecko in the hdmod topic. nothing I can do about this.

also, the audio on that vid is horrendous.

Yeah, I just found it on youtube to show the problem, but that audio really sucks
    Thanks voodoo47.

I'm making another playthrough with TFix 1.20 and TG HD 0.9.3. And there is something odd...

In Cregscleft there is a guardstation at the 3-4 block juncture I simply can't ghost. It's impossible. The guard had to much coffee or is simply wearing NVGs.... the light is flickering constantly and even when it's out either the guard or the camera get me everytime.

Furthermore there's something plainly broken in Assassins. I can be in darkness without anyone near me but everytime I approach Ramirez room the alarm goes off.

I thought I would report that!

Zombified
    both are regressions inherited from the modified gamesys Gecko used as base for the hdmod gamesys. temp fix added to TFix 1.20a (and a bunch of more hdmod map fixes), but Gecko should fix his gamesys asap.

patch up with TFix 1.20a, reapply hdmod, and everything will be fixed, you shouldn't even need to restart the levels.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 11th Aug 2014 at 21:01.

both are regressions inherited from the modified gamesys Gecko used as base for the hdmod gamesys. temp fix added to TFix 1.20a (and a bunch of more hdmod map fixes), but Gecko should fix his gamesys asap.

patch up with TFix 1.20a, reapply hdmod, and everything will be fixed, you shouldn't even need to restart the levels.
    I don't understand. If those are regressions inherited from the Gecko's gamesys why did you released a hotfix for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper View Post
    In Cregscleft there is a guardstation at the 3-4 block juncture I simply can't ghost. It's impossible. The guard had to much coffee or is simply wearing NVGs.... the light is flickering constantly and even when it's out either the guard or the camera get me everytime.

Furthermore there's something plainly broken in Assassins. I can be in darkness without anyone near me but everytime I approach Ramirez room the alarm goes off.
    Yeah, that's definately an HDmod problem. I've had it too. Had to uninstall HDmod. Actually, I reported the problem and they said they fixed it in 0.9.3 version. Too bad it didn't happen. =\

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper View Post
    I don't understand. If those are regressions inherited from the Gecko's gamesys why did you released a hotfix for that?
    because I can. the extra hotfixes will not affect TFix maps in any bad way, they took me about 15 minutes to implement, and they will solve the problem(s) for all hdmod users. also, hdmod pretty much relies on TFix already being installed nowadays, so me gracefully handing down a couple of extra fixes to something that is already part of the TFix ecosystem is not all that surprising.

because I can. the extra hotfixes will not affect TFix maps in any bad way, they took me about 15 minutes to implement, and they will solve the problem(s) for all hdmod users. also, hdmod pretty much relies on TFix already being installed nowadays, so me gracefully handing down a couple of extra fixes to something that is already part of the TFix ecosystem is not all that surprising.
    Thank you for the clarification and for your work.

Esme, where is link to download TFix 1.20a?

Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1217222732374247525758596061626364656667727782879297102107112 ... LastLast