TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103108113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2834

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

I'm making another playthrough with TFix 1.20 and TG HD 0.9.3. And there is something odd...

In Cregscleft there is a guardstation at the 3-4 block juncture I simply can't ghost. It's impossible. The guard had to much coffee or is simply wearing NVGs.... the light is flickering constantly and even when it's out either the guard or the camera get me everytime.

Furthermore there's something plainly broken in Assassins. I can be in darkness without anyone near me but everytime I approach Ramirez room the alarm goes off.

I thought I would report that!

Zombified
    both are regressions inherited from the modified gamesys Gecko used as base for the hdmod gamesys. temp fix added to TFix 1.20a (and a bunch of more hdmod map fixes), but Gecko should fix his gamesys asap.

patch up with TFix 1.20a, reapply hdmod, and everything will be fixed, you shouldn't even need to restart the levels.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 11th Aug 2014 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    both are regressions inherited from the modified gamesys Gecko used as base for the hdmod gamesys. temp fix added to TFix 1.20a (and a bunch of more hdmod map fixes), but Gecko should fix his gamesys asap.

patch up with TFix 1.20a, reapply hdmod, and everything will be fixed, you shouldn't even need to restart the levels.
    I don't understand. If those are regressions inherited from the Gecko's gamesys why did you released a hotfix for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper View Post
    In Cregscleft there is a guardstation at the 3-4 block juncture I simply can't ghost. It's impossible. The guard had to much coffee or is simply wearing NVGs.... the light is flickering constantly and even when it's out either the guard or the camera get me everytime.

Furthermore there's something plainly broken in Assassins. I can be in darkness without anyone near me but everytime I approach Ramirez room the alarm goes off.
    Yeah, that's definately an HDmod problem. I've had it too. Had to uninstall HDmod. Actually, I reported the problem and they said they fixed it in 0.9.3 version. Too bad it didn't happen. =\

Zombified
    I don't understand. If those are regressions inherited from the Gecko's gamesys why did you released a hotfix for that?
    because I can. the extra hotfixes will not affect TFix maps in any bad way, they took me about 15 minutes to implement, and they will solve the problem(s) for all hdmod users. also, hdmod pretty much relies on TFix already being installed nowadays, so me gracefully handing down a couple of extra fixes to something that is already part of the TFix ecosystem is not all that surprising.

because I can. the extra hotfixes will not affect TFix maps in any bad way, they took me about 15 minutes to implement, and they will solve the problem(s) for all hdmod users. also, hdmod pretty much relies on TFix already being installed nowadays, so me gracefully handing down a couple of extra fixes to something that is already part of the TFix ecosystem is not all that surprising.
    Thank you for the clarification and for your work.

Esme, where is link to download TFix 1.20a?

You can find the link to the latest version in the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Esme, where is link to download TFix 1.20a?
    Oh I'm most dreadfully sorry, I didn't see the new release

Mirror for TFix_1.20a.exe

Has anyone mentioned you're getting these things for free at the time and expense of other people and that they aren't a right that you can demand ?

Zombified
    I'm almost sure that there is no ill will, just the language barrier.

What is barrier from your side? Looks like that your eyes; proof - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGXgG6OGmbY . And of course these brushes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZaq5WKIcx0 . Also, I feel that you can't fix these issues, because brushes are so delicate.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 29th Aug 2014 at 13:13.

Zombified
    first video is private, the second is not really a problem, so it will be left alone for now. remember, the brushes should not be touched unless there is no other way - I have already managed to break that level once, and getting it working properly again was not exactly fun (had to go back a bunch of builds, track and reapply the changes. yuck).

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

first video is private,
    Corrected.

Also, does anybody know why link "Mobile" on this forum is not available? All links ( TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile ) are available except this "Mobile" for some reason.

EDIT:

no. the reasons were already mentioned, look them up.
    I don't see anything, where exactly?

Zombified
    find it yourself, the topic only has 63 pages.

find it yourself, the topic only has 63 pages.
    And you are 100% sure that level 08 from Thief Gold still should have these holes? The player can get invisibility after touching these holes (for example invisibility of course, is also possible to keyhole some doors).

EDIT: There are some things to fix in this place - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfi69gwlyaQ

No sound propagation in this strange place (moment 0:02) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfNAQHGXJbI
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 31st Aug 2014 at 10:41.

Zombified
    the second video is sound propagation most probably, the first one is "don't do that". but I will fix that one texture, as it's visible from down below as well.

no idea about what holes are talking about.

no idea about what holes are talking about.
    Little other topic - there are three doors from towers in level "The Mage Towers" (fire door, earth door, air door - there is no water door) - air door is possible to keyhole, earth door is also possible to keyhole (but less than air door), and fire door isn't possible to keyhole. I mean of course upper level. I think that all of these 3 doors should have one the same status (possible to keyhole or impossible to keyhole).

What do you think about it?

Zombified
    I don't really care about keyholing.

I don't really care about keyholing.
    Looks like that only need to replace door from earth tower to fire tower (then all of these 3 doors should be possible to keyhole), or replace fire door to earth tower and to air tower (then all of these 3 doors should be impossible to keyhole).

Also, (as a curiosity) - with holes I can do not this original keyholing, but "keyholing" to fire door, when the player will be invisible.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 31st Aug 2014 at 19:45.

Zombified
    I really, really don't care about such exploits.

I really, really don't care about such exploits.
    My question was:

Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    And you are 100% sure that level 08 from Thief Gold still should have these holes? The player can get invisibility after touching these holes (for example invisibility of course, is also possible to keyhole some doors).
    And, do you mean that level 08 from Thief Gold will be not exactly the same like original map made by LGS?

the goal of TFix is to make Thief play nicely on modern pcs, without everything that is buggy, ugly and/or stupid.
    This is quote from page 61 - quote was made by me, message was made by you.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 31st Aug 2014 at 20:38.

Zombified
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think your TFix made his "unconventional playing" impossible so he's asking you to fix it again I think!

I think your TFix made his "unconventional playing" impossible so he's asking you to fix it again I think!
    Exactly. If possible of course.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I would say that is far, far outside the scope of TFix. Far.

Far.

Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103108113 ... LastLast