TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5055606570758085909596979899100
Results 2,476 to 2,492 of 2492

Thread: What are you making?

Not Every Cloud has a Silver Lining

Golden Lining...?

Pivoted my twitter from Glade Raid to a generic DBA account. Went looking to add September Games. Typing "September Games" into twitter search does not bring you up at all, lol. I had to search for Stilt Fella instead.

Thanks for the input on the name everyone I originally was going with "Pissing" exactly because it makes you raise an eyebrow (kind of like Genital Jousting), but might do some more RnD now and reconsider.

Maybe needs to be more subtle? "Silver Showers"?

Meanwhile, in Cyborg Highway, I've added a simple power, a melee hammer you can knock back attackers with (expending a capacitor bank to activate):

Try it out in the beta (free, plays in browser): https://pyrian.itch.io/chb-jepr0563

Note that capacitor charges are displayed as lights on the main character as well as off in the corner.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ehhh, I kinda think the game played better without the added complexity of variable car speeds and enemies that don't always die when you kick them.

Also, just to make the controls more pleasant: I'd like to be able to hold down a direction button and have the character jump as soon as a car gets in range.

@Pyrian, you should post the beta in the Headliner discord, might get a few other peeps testing it out that way

In the meantime... a big youtuber played my game and it's probably the best "summary" so far...

Still LOLing at "oh god this is the youtube algorithm"weird anti-immune killer cells are eating your body"

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Ehhh, I kinda think the game played better without the added complexity of variable car speeds...
    It really did. In the original the cars speeds are locked into a pattern so there's always new cars driving by; there's basically no way to improve on it for playability, anything I do to make things more dynamic will potentially make things less dynamic sometimes, leaving you more or less trapped in place. I could probably tone it down, though, but it's not as easy as just adjusting a slider since the fundamentals of how they drive are completely different now (as opposed to "conveyor belts"). I'll work on it. A lot of playtesters asked for more dynamic traffic.

In the long run, the underlying dynamic traffic support just isn't removable; as the player and enemies get more abilities, traffic will have to respond appropriately. Doesn't mean they have to be so, er, dynamic under more normal circumstances.

...and enemies that don't always die when you kick them.
    That never existed, not even on paper. The core concept is using the environment to defeat your enemies. Getting kicked shares a function with voluntarily jumping, and is only slightly different (mostly in that the unit dies instead of refuses to jump if there's no valid destination).

Also, just to make the controls more pleasant: I'd like to be able to hold down a direction button and have the character jump as soon as a car gets in range.
    Is it weird that it never even crossed my mind to do that? I'll put it in and we'll see how it changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    @Pyrian, you should post the beta in the Headliner discord, might get a few other peeps testing it out that way
    Okay, I will, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    "oh god this is the youtube algorithm"
    It really is, isn't it.

The enemies not always dying when you kicked them was in the original version, I thought it was awesome the first time I kicked an enemy and they landed perfectly on the roof of a passing car.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh wow, ok somehow I never noticed that in the earlier version.

Cyborg Highway now has its first ranged ability, the shotgun! Just point and click with the mouse to fire. Short range, wide shot, knocks enemies back just like a kick. Note that like the hammer, it expends a capacitor to use; there's a capacitor readout in the crosshair. Speaking of the crosshair, there will be a different crosshair for each ranged ability, so this funny-looking one is specifically for the shotgun.

Try it out in the beta: https://pyrian.itch.io/chb-jepr0563

First proper door set for my environment. Will update the package when TDM forums are up.

Welp, Xbox&equivalent controller support is in and uploaded. Tested in Windows 10 with Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.

Left stick/D-pad move, right stick aim, left trigger melee, right trigger ranged, A to start/continue

Left/Right stick buttons are also mapped to melee and ranged. I've had one report that the triggers aren't working for at least one user.

If anybody's got a chance to test it, I'd appreciate feedback, I'm not real big on using controllers in general. Also, I'm not sure if it'll work on Linux and outright dubious of how it'll work on Mac.

https://pyrian.itch.io/cyborghighwaywip

I've been working on setting up footstep sounds, including different sounds for walking, running and jumping on different surfaces.

The code is in (though the logic around the landing sounds need some more work) - now I need to hunt through freesound for good samples I can use for all my surfaces. Landing-from-jump sounds are particularly hard to find, I think I'll need to mix those myself from other sounds.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Not bad! It already has better-looking mantling than Underworld Ascendant.

Yes, I'm quite proud of that mantling. It feels fun to just run around and climb onto things, and having movement feel good is always a good first step for any game.

At first I read the video thumb as "Footsteps and mating sounds" and was immediately interested xD

Looks great btw!

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5055606570758085909596979899100