TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 136368737883889398103108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2830

Thread: What are you making?

Quote Originally Posted by vurt View Post
    No it's all in the texture.
    Ok, especially that last door fooled me, the depth is very well faked!

Quote Originally Posted by vurt View Post
    Good luck with the game Looks kind of cool! Rather bold character design i would say.
    Thanks! I made the characters a bit quirky-looking but I've gotten that feedback a lot, I guess there's too much of a discrepancy with the genre. I'll make some adjustments over the months to make them looking a bit more rugged and "post-apocalyptic".

I was linked to this article compilation elsewhere, I thought it might be of interest to people active in this thread:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/what-i...-for-your-game

Quote Originally Posted by Smuli View Post
    Ok, especially that last door fooled me, the depth is very well faked!

Thanks! I made the characters a bit quirky-looking but I've gotten that feedback a lot, I guess there's too much of a discrepancy with the genre. I'll make some adjustments over the months to make them looking a bit more rugged and "post-apocalyptic".
    hehe i bet. i don't mind it personally. let me know if you need help with textures or perhaps flora.. i helped out with Kenshi, if you know that game.

Chakat sex pillow
    Gust of Wind looks quite interesting. That definitely is some unique character design, I can see the appeal though I wonder if it makes things feel more clunky than they really are.

Oh, and I've got Kenshi but have yet to play it. That's also a very interesting game, I haven't started it yet because it seems like the kind of thing you need to devote a good chunk of time to if you want to really figure out how to work with it.

FWIW, although I'll never play it (I no longer run a Windows machine), the character design is the #1 appeal to me from that trailer. A stealth game where you play as an anthropomorphic seagull? Yes please. That's memorable as hell. No one else has done that! Well done on standing out from the crowd, I say.

hehe i bet. i don't mind it personally. let me know if you need help with textures or perhaps flora.. i helped out with Kenshi, if you know that game.
    I didn't know the game, but the Steam reviews are very impressive! With Gust of Wind, I'm keeping things as small-scale and simple as possible, I've made all the 3d assets myself and a couple of friends have helped me with just the music and dialog editor. Since it's a freetime project, slow speed of development is not a problem. I really appreciate your interest though!

Gust of Wind looks quite interesting. That definitely is some unique character design, I can see the appeal though I wonder if it makes things feel more clunky than they really are.
    Thanks a lot! Yeah, perhaps it adds a comical flavor that might exaggerate things.

FWIW, although I'll never play it (I no longer run a Windows machine), the character design is the #1 appeal to me from that trailer. A stealth game where you play as an anthropomorphic seagull? Yes please. That's memorable as hell. No one else has done that! Well done on standing out from the crowd, I say.
    Haha, that was roughly my way of thinking too, trying to break away from the usual hooded figure a bit. Thanks, glad to hear you consider that peculiarity as positive! I'll keep them as seagulls for sure, but will experiment with the looks.

So we partnered with MakeShip to make Cloudy plushies! The way it works is kinda like kickstarter - we need 200 people to "pledge" to get the plushie and if we reach that number, they'll go ahead produce the full batch.

So if that's something that sparks joy, click here to pledge and get yours!

I'm willing to pledge, but I've never heard of MakeShip. Are you sure they're trustworthy?

Hmm I wonder if maybe that's something stopping others from considering it?

And yes they are, if you look through their past campaigns, they've done a ton of indie games before (including stuff like Turnip Boy or Skate Bird)

I don't know if it's the trustworthiness of MakeShip, but I think definitely the price and the picture would put some people off. It sort of looks like a cartoon face stuck on some sort of a cloth, rather than a cloud-shaped plushie. Kind of hard to imagine what it looks like in 3D, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    I'm willing to pledge, but I've never heard of MakeShip. Are you sure they're trustworthy?
    A quick check on various sites marks them as trustworthy to me. They seemingly have a few slip-ups, but overall customer reviews are positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I don't know if it's the trustworthiness of MakeShip, but I think definitely the price and the picture would put some people off. It sort of looks like a cartoon face stuck on some sort of a cloth, rather than a cloud-shaped plushie. Kind of hard to imagine what it looks like in 3D, even.
    That's a good observations. For now, that's how their petition process work. Fans first have to pledge to the idea of a plushie to show enough interest, and if the threshold is met, that's when they make the actual plush prototypes and stuff.

They told us this was fine at this stage, but we probably could've made some 3/4s perspective drawings to give a better idea tho. Definitely will keep that in mind for the future.

Oh, I just got an email saying there weren't enough pledges. A one week turnaround seems a tad brief.
    Last edited by Anarchic Fox; 22nd Dec 2023 at 19:40.

Oh something about Egyptian afterlife, in an obsolete game engine. I would post screens but I have to be wary of AI apps stealing my ideas, ETA 2024-2025.

remaking some Daggerfall (Unity) textures, this is how it looks compared to the current best graphics mod (DREAM)

Daggerfall turned me into messing with Morrowind again. I made the first groundcover mod for it in 2010, it feels really outdated, still seems like people are using it (there are far better ones).

not sure why flora isn't moving as you walk through it, that was such a cool feature in MGE. Maybe it's a setting i just haven't found. Funny how not even Skyrim had that feature + lacking quite a few other graphical features that MGE introduced, those sunshafts peaking through when underwater looks so nice, the water caustics too. Overall MGE must be one of the best mod/tools ever made for a game, literal game changer.

Edit: ah, grass moving as you walk through it is a feature in third person only, so its still there. looks way better than the ENB implementation in Skyrim.
    Last edited by vurt; 26th Jan 2024 at 03:35.

Level 10,000 achieved
    It's the Global Game Jam weekend!

I'm making a game where you take pictures of kids!

(it's not creepy I promise)

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    It's the Global Game Jam weekend!

I'm making a game where you take pictures of kids!

(it's not creepy I promise)
    Do I dare asking for the name of the game?

Level 10,000 achieved
    The game is called LAUGH A MINUTE and you can play it right here: https://henke.itch.io/laugh-a-minute

Enjoy!

Man i Can't make the baby stop crying, no matter what toys i use.

Guar (Morrowind)

New model?
    Meh I wish I could make my mod have half the ambience that had Return To The Haunted Cathedral or the crypts of Arx Fatalis. THE scary stuff. Playing those levels at 3 AM, oh man.

The game is called LAUGH A MINUTE and you can play it right here: https://henke.itch.io/laugh-a-minute

Enjoy!
    Thanks! I played this with my 4-yo daughter this evening. It's a cute little game for sure! We did figure out that there are always (?) three toys that make the kid happy and they're random. Does the kid always hate the bird thing that is hanging from the ceiling? Are the background and the hat only there for the extra points/challenge? Is it even possible to actually make the kid laugh?! Are we supposed to just wave the toys in front of the baby, or also click with the mouse or what? Some more feedback from the actions would be nice. Then again, babies are mysterious creatures...

So many questions! I think we saw a little smile from the baby once, and our top score was 65.something.

Also, sometimes when we snapped a photo, we couldn't pick up any of the toys anymore, until we took some more photos. It doesn't happen every time, just... sometimes. And now that I'm deliberately trying to make it happen, everything works perfectly.

But yeah, fun little game, I had a fun fifteen minutes or so with my daughter - thanks for that!

@DuatDweller no, just textures.
    I really dislike how Bethesda did some of the textuers in this game, the colors are so vague for example. It makes the models look like they're made out of old paper.

Chakat sex pillow

Enjoy!
    Well, you definitely got the bit where children are difficult, mercurial, and generally draining down pat. I got the kid to smile for a split second, but the photo I clicked was it just being roly-poly, which I'll count as a win. Love the background options!

Edit: @Tomi - yes, it's possible to make the kid laugh. For a second, though if you can keep it going I don't know. There was no option to do a funny dance with fart sounds.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 29th Jan 2024 at 02:25.

Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 136368737883889398103108109110111112113114 LastLast