TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868737883889398103108113114115116117118
Results 2,926 to 2,948 of 2948

Thread: What are you making?

Yeah, I saw that on twitter a couple of days ago and was wondering when you'd post it here. Time to resurrect your September Games thread maybe?

This looks like the game that Cyberpunk 2077 was supposed to be. You only need to add customisable genitalia and that's it. Seriously though, this looks quite fun already. Tweaking the physics to feel just right must be tough, but a fun challenge without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Looks great!

So what surfaces are climbable? Can you only climb if you can put your hand on top of a thing or can you attach to walls as well? Also is it possible to swing the rope by rocking back and forth?
    Thanks!
    There are (lots of) specific things that can be gripped for climbing in addition to the mantling that can be done without a grip.

You can also propel your body in other directions by pushing off of surfaces, which is demonstrated in the water in the video but works out of the water too.

I actually haven't tried rocking my body on the rope to make it swing--I'll have to try that--but there is swinging controlled by pulling on the rope relative to your body, which is pretty similar.

Almost all movement in the game is controlled with hand/arm movement, including walking and running. The only other inputs I used when recording this video: grips to hold the rope, some stick-turning (but real-world turning also works), and one instance of using the left stick to make hand-based walking move me backward rather than forward.

I hope the movement feels as good to everyone else as it does to me!

YAY HENKE DELIVERS

This immediately reminded me of Cloudpunk but I presume it's less story and mood and more physics shenanigans. Also maybe 5th Element vibes?

Level 10,000 achieved
    5th Element vibes are unavoidable when making a hover taxi game, aint they.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    Time to resurrect your September Games thread maybe?
    Hah, I'd forgotten I had that. This'll just be a small sideproject tho, not a big commercial release.

I actually used to play the original Space Taxi quite a lot on my C64.

And actually, on my C64 emulator, I always use the spacetaxi.d64 disk file for things like saving games and anything you need a disk to save random crap on. I think that's because the game itself takes up the least disk space among the disk files I have in my games folder; so it had the most available file space, and I still don't know how to delete files off of the disks. So the spacetaxi game file is still sitting on there with all my save games. XD

Edit: And oh yeah what you have for that video already looks hella fun. This has some great potential!

Introducing my new crossover project, Cherub Highway!

Happy April Fool's!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hey Koobs did you see this?

Not sure if this should be interpreted as endorsement or SAVAGE DISS, but Rain On Your Parade gets a glimpse in the intro to this, but then isn't featured in the actual list.

Oh I didn't even know haha! Thanks for bringing it up. I dunno, RPS never got back to us about any of our emails or covered any of my games ever so... \__/

But we did get a mention on PCGamer and they tagged us as "Cloud Computing" which makes me very happy!

Anyway, less then 2 weeks from launch and the paranoia is setting in. What if it crashes or has game-breaking bugs? What if reviewers hate it? What if it's too hard? What if it's too easy? What if this deal we've been working on falls thru? What if people expect Untitled Goose Game, realize it's not Untitled Goose Game, and leave bad reviews? What if we get sued for that one reference to another IP? What if just no one even plays it? What if a Chinese company rips our game in first week?

Aaaah to be an indie dev

Level 10,000 achieved
    The Dark Knight RISES!

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    The Dark Knight RISES!
    I like that better than Christopher Nolan's version!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Thanks! I have caught the PIXEL ART BUG! There's this twitter account Pixel_Dailies which tweets out a 1 word art-prompt once per day and then folks draw something inspired by that. Batman up there was prompted by #hookshot, last Sunday, and I've kept the streak going throughout the week. Here's some of my better ones:

#homemade

#narwhal

MR WOBBLY (#wobbly)

#painter

The painter one took the longest, 2-3hours. Getting it to loop right was harder than it looks! But it also got the most positive response, getting 297 likes and becoming my most liked tweet ever. Anyway, I'm digging this challenge, and getting art-prompts is a good way of getting me out of my comfort zone and drawing stuff I wouldn't normally. My current gameproject is all pixelart so this is good practice.

I love the concept behind the painter one!

*goes to find it on Twitter to add an extra like to it*

Yee! I do not trust that Mr. Wobbly, not one wobbly bit!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Week 2 of Pixel Dailies.

#ThingsThatRoll

#anthill

#Disguise

#taxi

#OpticalInstrument

One of the requirements for submitting to Oculus App Lab is a trailer, and I decided to try to do more than the bare minimum for that. I might be ready to submit (a one-level demo) within the next few days!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Nice! Looking forward to finally playing it.

Moderator and Priest
    So when did Henke become a PIXEL MASTAH?

Moderator and Priest

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haha oh Renz come on!

That's some lovely lighting on ye olde gasstation.

FKA Buccura
    While I don't quite know yet what I'll be making, I will soon be making a game at WayForward as I recently got a job there!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Congrats, Bucky!

I finally submitted my VR game (alpha / demo) to the Oculus App Lab! Hopefully they'll approve it in the near future.

Edit: Scratch that. I re-read the information about release channels and realized App Lab wasn't where I wanted to send it just yet...

Instead, I'm publishing it to the Alpha release channel. If anyone here has an Oculus Quest (1 or 2) and wants to try / test The Deep Above for me, you can send me your email address (the one associated with your Oculus account) and I'll invite you to the Alpha channel.
    Last edited by Weasel; 20th May 2021 at 01:36.

Man, we've come a long way since mapping in dromed.

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868737883889398103108113114115116117118