TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334394449545964697479 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you making?

There's far more fun to be had creating it all yourself . Takes much longer, but you understand it all far better afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Game sold well?
    Not terrible but not that well, no surprise given it's niche nature. Still recuperating recent new expenses, but hopefully Steam helps out with that

Hey Yakoob, loaded up Steam today and what do I see - Postmortem:Extended Cut on the new release page!
    Thats awesome.

Yup yup, just gone live today

out of curiousity, how much of a cut do you get?

Not sure if I can discuss that tbh, lots of stuff on the back end is covered by an NDA so dont want to breach anything...

understandable, just dont forget about us when you are swimming in your pool of money

Seen a few graphs (from when I used to go to game dev club meetings in Melbourne) of sales across various mediums (cd/dvd releases, ad generated sales revenue etc) and steam brought in nearly 10 times more sales than the rest combined which was quite surprising.

If you can get your game onto steam and especially onto any of the bundle sales (ie humble bundle etc) then you can expect a nice amount of $$$. Not huge, but significantly better than any other method.

I'm speaking purely of indie related developed games and not the proper proper stuff.

The hard part is getting your game onto steam, let alone even getting a reply from them.
    Last edited by icemann; 5th Dec 2013 at 03:28.

Aye, steam is the winner for indies for sure. But again my game is pretty niche too, so I'm not expecting much tbh - definitely not amounts swimmable in but heres to being pleasantly surprised eh?

Well the best of luck. I am always happy to see a fellow TTLG`er do well.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    The hard part is getting your game onto steam, let alone even getting a reply from them.
    Yakoob got his game on through Greenlight, which is pretty solid evidence that THE SYSTEM WORKS!

I bought and played through it yesterday and - Koob I'm not just kissing your ass when I'm saying this - it was alright.

Also bought'd! God knows when I'll get a chance to play it, but for only 3.74 for the extended cut, it was that or "Mars: war logs", so killing randoms at swanky dinner parties it is!

Could be fun to do some destruct-testing of your conversation trees...

*ok, I also bought Mars: war logs. O god what is wrong with me

verbose douchebag
    When playing Postmortem, pay attention to a particularly well-written piece of eerie piano music when you start the game that sounds like it may have been created by some kind of musical genius who for some reason has a career in biochemistry.

Thanks everyone! Your support and all the random geeky conversations through the years definitely helped a lot

Quote Originally Posted by DDL View Post
    Could be fun to do some destruct-testing of your conversation trees...
    Oh I'd be curious to see what you discover Been enjoying reading various feedback, some pretty surprising!

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    When playing Postmortem, pay attention to a particularly well-written piece of eerie piano music when you start the game that sounds like it may have been created by some kind of musical genius who for some reason has a career in biochemistry.
    It's that piece alone that transcended Postmortem from a shitty bedroom weekend project to a commercial world-wide distributed success it is today

verbose douchebag
    I like to think so (though I'm sure it'll be conveniently left out of the reviews due to some kind of media conspiracy against science musicians).

[EDIT] It case it wasn't obvious, I'm being ironical :P
    Last edited by faetal; 8th Dec 2013 at 13:24.

Congrats Yakoob, great to see some positive news.

HAHA DOUBLE POST

I'm managed to get my behaviour tree based AI working.

It's a little crazy, but it's getting there

Oh nice nice, even tho im not a roguelike fan, it looks like your gameplay is shaping up nicely

Moderator and Priest
    Looks like we'll be playing Shooty Blasters: The Roguelike Fun Time Videogame pretty soon.

I like to think of it as crashing R-Type into Diablo

Created a debug display for route finding.

Thanks for the debug video, I LOVE that kinda behind-the-scenes and in-dev stuff Here's a little peak of more unity tinkering, testing out ideas, developing a new style:

Mostly, tho, I've been spending the past few days doing research and writing a ton - laying out the setting, story, characters etc. before I get into prototyping.

Finally got around to getting a website, so I'll be posting up development updates about Wheelbound, a metroidvania platform game I'm working on:

Looks good. Look forward to reading future updates on it .

Hah, your level editor screenshot reminds me of mucking around with the Jackjazz Rabbit 2 editor way way back for some reason maybe cause its one of the few 2d platformer editors I mucked around with.

Are you using a 3rd party engine or all original code?

Reminds me a little of Terraria (not a bad thing!)

Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334394449545964697479 ... LastLast