TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 27121722273233343536373839404142475257626772778287 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you making?

After a day of debugging and re-coding, my game finally works properly as a standalone Unity build! Alpha testing is still some time off, but at least I know I can properly distribute and test now

also, here's a little TTLG exclusive WIP sneaky-peaky at the result of the past week, right around 23hrs sunk in:

(also I just realized - 23hrs, jesus, that didn't even occur to me until now. I'm officially above part-time on this project :0 better fucking sell lol)

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    (also I just realized - 23hrs, jesus, that didn't even occur to me until now. I'm officially above part-time on this project :0 better fucking sell lol)
    I'll buy it.

And Nicked, thanks for the tutorial. It's helping a good bit.

I'll play test it Keep it up koobz this game looks like it has real potential.

Moderator and Priest

DOODLES!

I thought the standing stones turned out pretty cool looking, so I figured I'd post it.

So in the past week, I pretty much broke my whole game... to make it BETTER!

Unity3D engine designs and refactoring musings for the curious minds

Moderator and Priest
    Pixel Shop!

It's nowhere near finished, but I liked how well the doodad shelf was turning out, so I figured I'd show it off.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Nice doodad shelf!

Haha nice! Are you making a game out of this or just having fun?

Moderator and Priest
    Just fun for now, but who knows what I'll do later.

Those backgrounds look perfect for an AGS game.
    That's the platform I'd recommend anyway.
    They drip that whole '90s P&C adventure game look.

Here's a progress demo for my 2d first Unity project:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ie/Faerie.html

Moderator and Priest
    That's pretty awesome. The only thing I'd suggest (and you're probably already working on it) is adding a bit more weight and heft to the faerie. Right now it feels a little too floating.

Oh yeah, I should add that when I finally ended up getting caught by a venus fly trap, I had the volume cranked up, and the resulting scream ended up scaring the shit out of me.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Is it called Flappy Fairy? Yeah that death shout is pretty disconcerting. The feel of the movement is nice though!

Moderator and Priest

Well, if we're sharing editor screenshots...

Moderator and Priest
    That's a pretty swanky Blender hookah, Yak.

By the way, you're using the latest version, right? They finally added tabs and categories for all the tools, and it makes finding stuff so, so much easier.

Here's the product of this morning:

Now I just need an indian, american indian, alaska native, asian, pacific islander, native hawaiian, puerto rican, hispanic, mexican, asian, middle eastern, arab, cuban, latino, north african, south african, middle african, japanese-krorean, jewish, canadian, creole, abanaki, gypsy, assyrian, iraqi, cajun, ukranian, burmese, camobdian, tawianese, filipino, chinese, mulato, french, french ex-patriate, korean defactor, albino, midget, woman, pregnant, handicapped, gay, transgender, transgender-gay, paleo, vegan, jedi, scientologist, and every single possible combination of the above and dethtoll won't call me out

(estimated release date: 2084)

Loving the look. Something Grim Fandango-ish about it.

Will it have voice acting?

Moderator and Priest
    Like the depth of field you've got going on there, Yak. Nice enough to make an effect, but not overdone to the point it looks like you're playing the game through cataracts.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah the DoF is very well implemented, and the textures and all the stuff on the shelf looks great. I'm not crazy about the character's face though. It looks a bit amateurish compared to everything else.

Also, you're not including hipsters? What's with this anti-hipster agenda, Koobs?

Sadly there is no DOF ingame, it was just photoshop blur to see how that'd look. I do like it as you guys said, but that's not available with Unity Free and I'm not sure yet if I want to get the pro license just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Will it have voice acting?
    Not planning on it; there's a lot of dialogue that will probably keep rewriting a lot and I don't honestly have the budget or experience to do proper VO :/
    Last edited by Yakoob; 16th May 2014 at 15:52.

Which is fine considering its a indie project type thing.

Well, primary investigation quest lines done, at least in barebones. Not sure how I feel about that :|

Well, I've been quite the past few days... frankly, going through a rather shitty period of some realization, self-doubt and error. A rather grim DevBlog this time :/

Karaski DevBlog #12: Indie Developer Errors and Doubts

Big milestone in developing my stealth exploration game is marked by second-guessing and regrets. A bit of a grim update this time, sorry folks...
    Click to Read

Moderator and Priest
    So there are some tools out there that'll help you do things a little better? So what? Even though there are better things out there, the important thing is you got some solid hands on experience on doing all these things yourself. With the knowledge you've gained, you'll only need to slightly lean on these things for a little extra support, rather than relying on them outright to do what you want to do. You'll be able to use them better, and net yourself far superior results than someone who lets the tools do the work for them entirely without understanding their inner working.

That's the most important thing here: you learned something doing it all yourself. Plus it sounds like you had fun doing it. And hell, it's a game you're working on yourself without a solid release date. There's nothing stopping you from taking a bit of extra time out to get things just how you want them. So why fret?

Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 27121722273233343536373839404142475257626772778287 ... LastLast