TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863687378838893 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2506

Thread: What are you making?

So as of yesterday Rocket Blocks is in closed Beta instead of closed Alpha, so if you have an Android device and hadn't joined the Alpha test for whatever reason, you can feel free to join the Beta test here. If you HAVE joined the Alpha, I think you'll have to opt-in to the Beta testing in the link in the most recent post in the G+ community.

A couple of my more recent DevLogs below:

All I've got left is some more clean-up of the UI, some Google Play back-end stuff, and a couple of bugs that need fixing and then I'm (hopefully) going to kick it out to Production by the end of the month, so if for some reason you haven't wanted to join the testing it'll be free to play then.
    Last edited by Fafhrd; 17th Jan 2015 at 16:59.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Good stuff, Faf. I look forward to playing the final release.

In my quest to stick to my new year's resolution of spending more time with Unity, I've decided that what I need is some structure. So I downloaded a punch clock app, and I'm making sure that 1 hour of every evening of the workweek is spent making something, or learning how to make something. Last week I did Unity tutorials, this week I'm making a stilt walking game.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Here's a little teaser for my upcoming game Stilt Fella!

I've gotten the gameplay into pretty good shape now, time to start making some levels. I should have a beta out pretty soon hopefully!

Level 10,000 achieved
    A week ago I figured the first release of Stick Fella was just a few days away, but while I have been working on it every day since, the to-do list has kept growing as I've gone along. The past week I've added support for all (or at least most) gamepads, overhauled the graphics style, improved the physics and fixed bugs that showed up as a result of that improvement, added soundeffects and a Victory screen, added keyboard controls which were so crappy I'm considering outright taking them back out, improved the camera and GUI. Still to do: add invert option for controls, make a few more levels, add timer and Bronze/Silver/Gold scoring, and perhaps add an unlockable character to incentivise player improvement.

Moderator and Priest
    Aw, man. It's an Android app. I can't play it.

Props for the soundtrack, though. It vagely reminds me of playing Tetris on my old Atari ST.

I got it. The rocket animation is a funny and satisfying mechanic. Could be more slick around the edges, but anyway it's a full game that does what it says on the tin and you saw it to release, so congratulations for that.

I've been really frightened off making progress on my own Unity project. Working with a set engine like Dromed or TDM is one thing, but venturing out into open waters with Unity is scary!

"Does what it says on the tin" is my life motto.

Also, if anybody wants to review it on the store, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Fafhrd; 4th Feb 2015 at 15:09.

Started a project in GameMaker, Codename: Thing 2, which I'll be posting about on tumblr on hopefully a fairly regular basis.

For now, my Week 1 progress (I started late Wednesday night, so not a full week, but whatevs):

Level 10,000 achieved
    Pretty badass, Faf! Is that made in the 2D part of Unity, or are you making it in 3D but just with 2D sprites? Also, did you need the Unity Android Pro license for your last game, or can you get away with publishing stuff without it?

I'm still working on Stilt Fella, 4 evenings a week. This week I made scenery for my levels and composed a soundtrack! The big things still to do are a proper menu, a few more levels, and some general polish. Will be releasing on itch.io when the time is right.

Thing 2 is all GameMaker Studio, so totally 2D, just doing tricks changing the depth setting dynamically based on a 'ground' variable that only updates when two booleans are in the right state ("jump" has to be false, and "grounded" has to be true).

My understanding of Unity Free licensing is that it's free for commercial use for every platform that it exports to, including Android and iOS, so long as you make less than $100,000/yr. Pro and the Android Pro license have useful things like the Profiler and slightly better rendering, but I think I got away okay without them.

I've been quiet for quite some time but... big news coming Monday

Level 10,000 achieved
    That is some fantastic looking art, Koobs. Did you make it yourself or have your gotten some additional people onboard the Karaski team?

Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    My understanding of Unity Free licensing is that it's free for commercial use for every platform that it exports to, including Android and iOS, so long as you make less than $100,000/yr.
    Oh right, yes. I'd read about that but wasn't sure if it extended to Android.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hey Koobs it's Monday! Where's the big update? You better give Karaski it's own thread as well and not just hide your amazing shit away in the deep dark corners of this thread!

verbose douchebag
    Also Koob, when can I buy shares in you?

Patience my padawans Anyways, here's the thread! SPOILER: no the game isn't out yet boo. But first gameplay trailer and Steam Greenlight have begun!

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    That is some fantastic looking art, Koobs. Did you make it yourself or have your gotten some additional people onboard the Karaski team?
    Myself, but I am recruiting new artists as well, plus talking to my Postmortem guys too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    Myself, but I am recruiting new artists as well, plus talking to my Postmortem guys too!
    I could do some OK artwork for you if you like. I have a Wacom tablet that doesn't get nearly enough use as it should.

Yakoob: I'm glad that you've been continuing on with the game in secret. Had been wondering what had happened with your game .

So I'm not great at drawing, but kind of okay at 3D stuff, so I'm trying to make sprites for Thing 2 in Blender, but I need an opinion:
    This was rendered at low res with no AA and some materials trickery to get something of a pixel art look, and

This was rendered pretty much the same way, but with some post-processing to make the pixels a little chunkier.

Which one do you think is better/looks more like pixel art?

Moderator and Priest
    The bottom one, definitely. In fact, I'd say see if you can drop the resolution a little lower, might make it look more pixel arty.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Nice walking animation Faf. I think I like the top one better.

Has anyone here used Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements btw? I'm trying to stay on the straight and narrow here and 130 euros seems like a pretty good price. I'm used to using Photoshop and Premiere and I'm wondering how much more limited the Elements versions are. Found a good comparison write-up for PS/PSE, and it sounds like it'll be good enough for my needs (don't really need 16-bits or CMYK, etc.). But I'm less sure about Premiere Elements. I've also looked into some other video editors. Tried some free open source ones that really sucked. Tried a trial of Cyberlink Powereditor a few days ago but I didn't enjoy the feel of it at all.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Stilt Fella is nearing completion, mainly been working on the menu for the past few days, but also fine tuning the levels. Only the grande finale still to go. It'll be a catapult that throws you across an expanse of water towards the finish line. Only, the catapult physics aren't quite there yet...

Lol, I don't see a problem, that looks fantastic.

Haha, that was awesome, gold star.

I suppose the level should be completable though.

You know, if you can put some more polish on it (like the UI), I can see it doing very well with the fans of silly physics shenanigans ala Sumotori Dreams or Goat simulator

Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863687378838893 ... LastLast