TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1116212631364146515657585960616263646566717681869196101106111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2946

Thread: What are you making?

Screw it, Im no longer making story game, now its Mr. Molotov Man!

..cuz rioters gonna riot

Last edited by Yakoob; 16th Oct 2016 at 20:30.

Well this is interesting and rather fortuitous. Having just finished up some contract work, I turned back to Glade Raid, doing some work on it now. And in the middle of working on some code about having thrown axes spin, I got an e-mail that my game was Greenlit. No spikes on the chart or anything. ...Cool.

verbose douchebag
    Thumbs up!

Congratz . This forum is starting to become the place of several Greenlit games from it's forum members.

w00t congrats!

Moderator and Priest
    |m|

Tempts me to change the art on some of my earlier fast remake efforts (Space Invaders and Fishing Derby/Fishing Time) and see if I can get those up on there. Bit of extra cash flow never hurts .

Typical dev day...

what's your setup look like?

(In before multi-monitor comments: I tried hooking up my other monitor and realized I don't have the right cable, so that's on my to-buy list)

...Cables are cheap!

I had been using one monitor at home (since, like, always), but I needed a 1080p monitor for trailer recording. So I got one and just added it. But I didn't really have room on my desk, so now my old monitor is actually above my new one. Works fine, honestly. Since they're both wide screens, there's really less head turning this way.

I'm still using my ~8 years old half-wide (or whatever it is called) 2 monitor setup. Would really love to have a pivoting wide monitor - had one on my last workplace and that thing is even more awesome than it sounds.

My current setup (changed a bit of serialization code and fucked something up - got tired and went surfing):
    http://i.imgur.com/CsmLS5k.jpg

PS. bonus points for spotting bending the rules.

I never got into multiple monitors, I find it easier to alt-tab than to turn my head. (I also don't have the space at my desk, though.)
    I have two monitors at work but pretty much only ever use one of them.

Sadly, UE4 is designed specifically with multi-monitor setups in mind and has a buggy subwindows-always-on-top interface (for no valid reason) which they have so far refused to fix.
    Fortunately, they did add a tabbed interface where you can at least dock those floating windows into tabs.

Another Nintendo training video, this time for Customer Service Retail Staff. Found it quite interesting.

Hey Folks, I’m redoing the logo and would appreciate some feedback

If you can fill out this quick poll, it would be super useful: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...gNF_Q/viewform

THANK YOU!

Any better?

verbose douchebag
    Needs description - why are you posting this? What do you want people to know?

That image looks like something from a 90s PC game. Mechwarrior 2?

Level 10,000 achieved
    This is what I'm currently working on, for the Idle Thumbs Winter Jam. Gonna try to have it done by Sunday. Anyone interested in beta testing?

Those skiis have some serious power to go that fast over flat terrain.

Wish I could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Needs description - why are you posting this? What do you want people to know?
    It's what I'm making for christ's sake. This is the what are you making thread. You or someone else told me to post it here so I did, even though it isn't for a game at all. It's just a rendering I did. I don't want people to know anything. I want them to either enjoy it or don't.

You/this place went from fun to fuck with to just plain uptight and intolerable in 3 years.

icemann: I had the same thought as I made it. It looks somewhat like the Jade Falcon clan lobby.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonicflux~~ View Post
    \You/this place went from fun to fuck with to just plain uptight and intolerable in 3 years.
    I don't think everyone else is the uptight one here.

Is it so difficult to reply to Faetal's response with "oh, it's just something I goofed around with, wanted to know what people thought" without attaching a little self-important spastic fit to it?

Nice henke, rolling with more physics stuff eh? Your games definitely have a unifying theme

Blah I need to get myself into the jams. I checked itch jam list and there were like 10 each week that kinda freaked me out. Any good ones to keep an eye out on you can recommend?

It's what I'm making for christ's sake. This is the what are you making thread. You or someone else told me to post it here so I did, even though it isn't for a game at all. It's just a rendering I did. I don't want people to know anything. I want them to either enjoy it or don't.
    Excuse us for being interested in your work. We'll make sure to never respond to your art posts again.

icemann: I had the same thought as I made it. It looks somewhat like the Jade Falcon clan lobby.
    Ah nice. If it's 90s game style look your going for, then nice work

Chakat sex pillow
    Every time I see those plasma cloud textures, I laugh, because they remind me of setting those up to colour cycle on a DOS-based image processor and leaving them on as a screensaver. Like any normal person, I then moved on to compiling Mandelbrot set generators and colour cycled the fuck out of those too until someone made a WinAmp plugin for them, and suddenly it wasn't cool any more.

Man, remembering all that reminds me that, unrelatedly, the 90s were pretty fucking stupid.

Moderator and Priest
    If you were truly rad, you would've been doing Douady rabbits.

Man, remembering all that reminds me that, unrelatedly, the 90s were pretty fucking stupid.
    The 90's were cool while you were living through them. But looking back? Yeah...

Aye I just loved the variety of game genres getting blockbuster hits back then.

Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1116212631364146515657585960616263646566717681869196101106111 ... LastLast