TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 86 of 118 FirstFirst ... 364146515661667176818283848586878889909196101106111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2943

Thread: What are you making?

Chakat sex pillow
    I used 3D Studio back when it was 3D Studio 4 for DOS, then became Max, and poked around its IK solver, and generally had a great time animating stuff on a whim over the years, so maybe that makes me biased (also I can't draw for shit)... but its UI isn't as obtuse as AutoCAD's, people. There's something special if you're looking for that.

AutoCAD was first released in 1982. Before the Apple ][e, which was notable at the time for adding lower-case letters... Pardon me, I'm about to suffer a nostalgia bomb.

Moderator and Priest
    Really? Before the IIe? I'm assuming it wasn't released for home computers at the time, since none of them would've been nearly powerful enough for even the most basic CAD work.

Well, AutoCAD was the first CAD for microcomputers (what we now call personal computers) rather than Mini or Mainframe computers. Not sure what you originally needed to run it, though.

Moderator and Priest
    See this shit right here? This shit will be awesomer soon.

Watch out, henke's gonna hop in the truck and drive off with it.

A bunch of old people are going to come out and start dancing, complete with country music.

Moderator and Priest
    You're right, Pyrian. That truck is just about Grade A Henke Bait. I might need to turn on my burglar alarm tonight...

Moderator and Priest
    So I decided to render my little scene out, see how it plays with dramatic lighting. I'm working towards an idea here, and I need to see if everything comes together the way I want it to.

...the results are promising.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 27th May 2018 at 00:32.

Yeah, looks good.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Mmmm, that's a TASTY TRUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Mmmm, that's a TASTY TRUCK!
    From the second image it feels like the truck is going to find you tasty as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Blender will always be the tool of choice for the indie scene and hobbyist, but will probably never quite make it to the big scene. It's demographic has grown a bit over the last few years, especially once Epic started throwing money their way. But the fact all the other modelers are so well entrenched by this point, and the GPL license limiting 3rd party from supporting it with their own software (it's the sole reason why Allegorithmic hasn't developed a Designer plugin for it like they have the other big editors) will always keep it just on the cusp of true popularity.
    I can't speak for other industries, but in the games industry there's been a trend of professionals picking up blender recently due to it evolving at a faster pace than the regular tools of the trade.

Now studios usually have their pipeline built for a specific program, but many suplement it with blender!

Moderator and Priest
    Here's a slightly more up to date version of the shot above, with slight improvements made as I slowly come to terms with lighting and rendering.

My plan is to make at least one low(ish) poly asset once per day, slowly building up library of neat stuff, improving my technique all the while, until I can start my little project in earnest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TestD.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	2469

Moody!

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldron View Post
    I can't speak for other industries, but in the games industry there's been a trend of professionals picking up blender recently due to it evolving at a faster pace than the regular tools of the trade.
    Eldron!

I'll say this much: I haven't seen a single program make so many leaps and bounds in such a relatively short amount of time. The entire 2.7 line was nothing but a steady stream of substantial updates, and 2.8 is just looking ridiculous. It's amazing how a few icons, and some slight reorganization of the UI can make such a huge difference in quality. And the clay renderer is ridiculously cool.

...just wish I could get EEVEE to work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blender28.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	779.8 KB 
ID:	2470

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Eldron!
    Hey!

I've been away for so long, I'm going to have to gather some screens and stuff of what I've done the last 5 years or so. It's great to see so much good 3d stuff in this thread these days though

Moderator and Priest
    Do it.

To this day, I wish you finished that pixel art project you showed off here at the beginning of the thread. I thought it looked pretty neat.

Yes, definitely post what you've been working on, Eldron!

Moderator and Priest

Awesome

Judith
    Looks great, only problem I have here is the composition. I feel like my eyes focus on wrong parts of the picture right from the start. Try flipping the image horizontally.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm not exactly sure how or why, but flipping it horizontally made it look so much moodier.

Composition isn't something I'm all that great at. Just about everything I do in 3D has been focused mostly on showing off what I've done. I guess if I were to go more for aesthetics, rather than showcasing, I'd offset the building just right of center a ways, move it down, and angle it upwards slightly, so it looks like the building is looming over you, and the ground more eye level.

Judith
    I think it's because how people read images – at least in the western world, we tend to scan images from left to right, and downwards, just like we read books. Of course with images, you have many more tools to guide the eye: light / dark, contrast, saturation, etc. IMO the problem with the first image was that lights are so strong on the left side, that they don't let eyes move towards the right part of the image. The last thing I focused on was the loo on the right side of the house

After I flipped the image, I felt my eyes were guided more naturally, and the last thing I saw was the car and the light from above – and that made more sense to me.

Page 86 of 118 FirstFirst ... 364146515661667176818283848586878889909196101106111116 ... LastLast