TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 465156616671768186919293949596
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2400

Thread: What are you making?

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, looks like the internal heightmap tools only affect contrast across most of the image. You could clamp maximum height to somewhere close to the surface seeing that it's basically a flat texture with more depth areas than peaks, but the quick and dirty fix is just whacking the white off in an editor.

edit: don't anyone dare quote that last bit out of context

I've heard about Materialize, although with Substance I got something called Bitmap2Material, which seems similar? Oh wait, it's not. I stopped using photos quite some time ago, relying mostly on patterns, modelled / baked stuff and manual painting.
    Last edited by Judith; 18th Jan 2019 at 11:09.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    The way the original texture gets more and more orange further up proved to be a big issue when trying to tile it. Would probably be best to try to even out the color-differences in Photoshop before taking it into Materialize.
    I'd recommend tiling your texture in Photoshop using offset, a clone brush, and alpha masks. Auto-tilers aren't terrible, but they're too random, and don't always preserve the details you might want to keep.

You might also want to consider using the Black and White filter to bring out some of the specific details on your heightmap. It lets you control how dark or bright something is by their initial colors, which is great for isolating certain things, or evening them all out.

Heh, for the first time since I fixed the AI targeting, I played through the asteroid/fighter level of Orbiceptor. I got my ass kicked! ...I might have to actually tone down the AI's aim, lol.

Moderator and Priest
    Or keep it exactly the same, and scream GIT GUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    ...but the quick and dirty fix is just whacking the white off...
    LOWL!

Chakat sex pillow
    Olol WHAT'S THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic
    this is getting uncomfortably close to my experience with my turtles

Moderator and Priest
    HOW THE FUCK DID YOU...

I mean, what?

Moderator and Priest
    So hey, Day 8's still coming, but since I started late, I'm not gonna be able to finish it tonight.

WAIT FOR TOMORROW! IT'S A TILE FLOOR, BUT KINDA DECENT THIS TIME!

This week I'm debuting the Spike Fighter, seen here trading shots with the freighter.

Reviewing the GIF, I notice that the freighter hits the fighter just right to throw off the fighter's aim, but the spike still hits the freighter's bow - sucks to be a wide target. Those spikes pack a punch, you can actually see the freighter slewing from the impact. ...I still need to add the recoil from them to the firer, actually. That'll take some code.

And I've had a FAR SUPERIOR inspiration for a game, than the one I originally was going for. Partly inspired by "Crossbow" which I posted a video of 1 page back, but then taken off in a different direction entirely. Based on the skill set I've built up over the years, I think I can pull off the idea. Will say more, when I actually start making it. If it works as I'm picturing it in my head, this may turn out pretty awesome. Time will tell though, as oh man is this going to be hard to make.

Casually opening Steam Home page and then...

Nicceeee

Level 10,000 achieved
    THE SYSTEM WORKS

What the . I've not seen it on my Steam Store page even once, since it launched. Thanks for posting that.

Moderator and Priest
    MOAR WOOD FLOORS!

If there's one thing I can say I can do fairly decently, it's wood floors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPPractice10.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	564.5 KB 
ID:	2535

Gotta say, I kinda like Krita. It's missing some of the polish you get from Affinity Photo, but it's geared far better, more specifically, for painting. That you can paint tileable textures easy as pie is particularly nice.

Name:	Krita.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	573.5 KB 
ID:	2536
    Last edited by Renzatic; 29th Jan 2019 at 03:05.

Yes, that tileable painting is the thing that made me decide that Krita is awesome.

But actually learning how to use it instead of Photoshop is still something that's on my to-do list. Not that I use either very much these days, I mostly just use Substance Painter.

Challenged myself to spend a few minutes doing a 32x32 version of the above first image. May be too small to view.

Moderator and Priest
    I did have to save it, and zoom it in to see anything.

That's a good way to start things. The basics are pretty easy to come to terms with, especially when you're doing basic shapes, like wood floors, and bricks, and whatnot. It's the tiny incidental details that take some practice.

Edit: So I decided to run my above texture through Materialize to see what I could get. It's not without its charms.

Name:	FloorMat.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	2537
    Last edited by Renzatic; 29th Jan 2019 at 14:54.

A little breakdown of the stuff I was making for The Dark Mod between 2017 and 2018:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gJPEzL

Moderator and Priest
    I saw that on Facebook earlier today. That's just some absolutely incredible work, man.

Here's my contribution to the page. YET ANOTHER WOOD FLOOR! The way I see it, if I keep doing wood floors, I'll be the best wood floor painter within a year.

Name:	HPPractice11.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	2540

Edit: STUPID DAMN...
    Last edited by Renzatic; 3rd Feb 2019 at 22:22.

That attachment seems to have broken, Renz.

Judith: Your models and textures look really nice, though I can't shake the feeling that the scale is off - everything seems huge compared to the characters. Are you going for a kind of Dark Souls-style "everything built to a grander scale" effect?

You're right, the scale is off. I came to TDM from Unreal engines, where the player height was around 112 units, while in TDM it's 80 units. I assumed much simpler grid scale for modules back then (256 units). The whole set probably needs rescaling by 50%. I'll see what I can do when preparing those for release as an asset package.

Moderator and Priest
    The 12th texture. It's supposed to be mud. It looks like rock. I fugged up.

...but I learned some stuff.

Name:	HPPractice12.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	2541

"Sand Worm Detected".

Mud is difficult.

Just released the first draft of my small asset pack for TDM: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...nitial-release

It has a small example map, so you can fire it up in TDM and see how it looks like

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 465156616671768186919293949596