TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: TDM Fan Mission: St Alban's Cathedral [updated] version 1.6 (13/03/2011)

bikerdude

TDM Fan Mission: St Alban's Cathedral [updated] version 1.6 (13/03/2011)

St Albans Cathedral [updated] version 1.6

"..After most of my gear got snatched during a Watch raid... I've been forced to hit the streets and lower mysef by picking pockets to survive. But my luck was about to change, last night I was approached by a hooded individual with a proposition... The Builders of St. Alban's Cathedral in the Old Quarter had recently unearthed a discovery that he wanted me to recover..."

"with the hawks, doves will congregate
    they will drop honey from the cliffs
    wine will surge over the earth
    the sheep will wander harmlessly with the wolf
    then the wicked will rise, but to retribution"
    - 'scripture of St Alban'

Download links:-
    Version 1.6.0

Build Time:
    about 1 month.

As always, big respect to the Dark Mod team for such a great mod and for all the hard work they put into it and continue to put into it. Special thanks to Fidcal, Serpentine and others for their help on the forums and to
    Testing: Ugoliant, Baddcog, Grayman, Lost soul, Bjorn and Baal (for doing all the Vp work in the town, Nborhmore and ocn.
    Readables: Ungoliant and Mortemdesino for all awesome work on the readables.
    Resource: Fids, Grayman, Ungoliant - guis, models & images.
    Misc: Loren Schmidt - is the original author of the map I based the cathedral on.

Info:
    # I have changed some of the Ai in the town, and added to the level of difficulty
    # I have added more Ai in the cathedral
    # On all difficulty levels the player starts with only the basic compliment of tools, but now includes lock picks and a map of the sewers!
    # For the love of all that is holy, read the briefing otherwise you will have problems completing the mission you taffer!

Known issues:-
    # This mission will have less than optimal fps at a few points on the map, but the performance has been tweaked compared to the previous version..
    # On low end PCs I recommend, V-sync is off, AA is off, Aniso is 4x or lower and that any and all background apps are closed.
    Last edited by bikerdude; 14th Mar 2011 at 14:43.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Info:
    # I have changed some of the Ai in the town, and added to the level of difficulty
    # I have added more Ai in the cathedral
    # On all difficulty levels the player starts with only the basic compliment of tools, but now includes lock picks and a map of the sewers!
    # For the love of all that is holy, read the briefing otherwise you will problems completing the mission you taffer!
    Thanks for this great mission and your ongoing support!

/nitpick: Missing word above: "you will problems completing the mission"

Calibrator

Just a question:

this new version is 3 times smaller then v 142.
    Is this because of TDM 1.0.4 is out with new textures,...
    Or did you drop quite some stuff ?

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    this new version is 3 times smaller then v 142. Is this because of TDM 1.0.4 is out with new textures,...Or did you drop quite some stuff ?
    All the extra textures that were in the original version are now part of TDM 1.04

Couldn´t find the key to the chest down in the cathedral anymore (in the locked vault). Anyone knows where it might be?

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Couldn´t find the key to the chest down in the cathedral anymore (in the locked vault). Anyone knows where it might be?
    Yup, this is my fault. Somehow this got changed, I will fix and update.

I know this is old but does anyone have an updated link to a download for this FM? Thanks in advance!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    I know this is old but does anyone have an updated link to a download for this FM? Thanks in advance!
    You can download it in the game, but if you want to download it manually here is the link -

- http://www.thedarkmod.com/missions

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    You can download it in the game, but if you want to download it manually here is the link -

- http://www.thedarkmod.com/missions
    It's not available for download either inside the game or from the missions page, probably because it's not yet updated to TDM 2.0
    AFAIK it's one of the four or five missions yet to be adapted to this, like Heart of Lone Salvation...

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    It's not available for download either inside the game or from the missions page, probably because it's not yet updated to TDM 2.0
    AFAIK it's one of the four or five missions yet to be adapted to this, like Heart of Lone Salvation...
    Oops I forgot about that, I have to rebuild the cave to make it 2.0 ready. I will added it to my TODO list for over Xmas.

And regarding Heart I am working on updating that atm for 2.0.

Help!

where can i find St. Albans remaisn, and how do i frame the inventor?

Where´s the key to the chest in the cathedral cellars?
    Last edited by Cardia; 20th Feb 2014 at 10:01.

Any help?

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    • where can i find St. Albans remaisn,
    • and how do i frame the inventor?
    • Where´s the key to the chest in the cathedral cellars?
    • They are in the crypts below, but in order to access that location you need to frob a switch in the ceiling of the main cathedral.
    • You need to place the fake skull on the inventors bed.
    • I cant remember, hopely someone else does.

• They are in the crypts below, but in order to access that location you need to frob a switch in the ceiling of the main cathedral.
    • You need to place the fake skull on the inventors bed.
    • I cant remember, hopely someone else does.

Thanksm i have frobed the switch in the cathedral ceiling, then i had to from another switch in the crypts entrance above the door, but can´t see what that opens, i hear something sliding, what am i missing?

bikerdude
    Look at all the drains in the crypt...

Look at all the drains in the crypt...
    i had to use noclip, one of the coffin secret door was not working due to the skelleton that was stuck in it. also the smuglers alcove have a huge black bug surroundings.

Mission finished, I loved playing this one, the Cathedral is Amazing and extremely well done.

Lookingfoward for your next mission