TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

Tannar, where are you???

Give me a real good clue!!!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria...what you are looking for is
    spoiler:
    is the standard statue head you've encountered many time before. It's in the snow. I can't see how it can not be there but I guess you never know.

I know SlyFoxx, but I can't see it anywhere. I re-re-re-rechecked it again
    Could anybody please put a screeny in here?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Hello. I have read many entries but I did not find the clue. Maybe I am too sleepy?

I play the game in "Guilty" mode on Windows XP home SP3.

I have got:
    Compass
    2 Keeper's rooms keys
    Scroll "Anita's room"
    Scroll "Acid"
    Scroll "to find"
    Scroll "Crowbar"
    Scroll "Find Coin"
    Scroll "Candles"
    Crowbar
    Acid
    Anita's Lantern
    Letter from Lord Ezio
    Metal gear
    Brian's message
    Kash's coin
    Candle "For Brenda"

I have got the same problem as another player. The small table near Anita's room door is lightened when I center it. Lying on the floor, there is a letter which I can not pick up. But I was already in the infirmary an I got the poison there. I also put the poison in the red chest and drank the candle with the poison. But I do not have any clue where I have to put the poisoned candle. I tried to put it on the stairs that lead from the crashed door at the second floor to the third floor but I did not find any place where to put it.

Is there maybe a little rat which could whisper me some words in my ears?

Many thanks for reading.

Master Builder 2018
    @ Anmaron: You need another candle. See this post. You need to get Darko's calling card and put it in the chest. I don't know how you could have been in the infirmary and still have Anita's lantern in your inventory. That shouldn't be able to happen.

@ Gloria: Here is a screenshot of the statues head.

I'm really stuck!

I've completed the Anita quest, but now I don't know what to do. I've got the Black Gaurdian book, but I don't know what to do with it. I took it down to the crypt where it says "for the entrance" and there's a big panel that lights up, but using the book on it doesn't work.

I've also got some acid. . don't know what to do now. I can't get into the keeper's quarters and I can't even find the attic even though I've looked and looked. In the place on the map where the attic stairs should be, I've just seen what looks like the underside of some steps up on the ceiling. Where the hell are the attic stairs? What do I do next?

UPDATE: I've found the poison and put it away, so now what? I went into Sid Meier's room got the gear from his workshop, used it on the clock in his tower and was transported to the room of silence. There was nothing there but some loot. . .so now what?

(also a hint on the Black Gaurdian book please)
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 25th Mar 2011 at 04:01.

Master Builder 2018
    For the black book, there is a stationary guard in a room on the second floor near Sid Maier's room who has a footlocker key. Upstairs from him is the footlocker.

For the acid, go to Shepard's room on the first floor and use it on the lock on his safe.

For the attic, it depends on what difficulty you are playing. On expert, you must complete the puzzle in Sid Maier's tower. On Normal and Hard, look in Jeremy's room (in version 1.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    For the black book, there is a stationary guard in a room on the second floor near Sid Maier's room who has a footlocker key. Upstairs from him is the footlocker.
    But I already said that I have the book. I opened a footlocker and got the key to open one of the guardian rooms. Then I opened the other with the lockpick and got the book. What do I do with it now?

thanks for the other tips! (and I am playing it on easy)

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot about that frobbable lectern in the Guardian of Entrance room.
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 25th Mar 2011 at 05:10.

Tannar, the head really isn't there.
    You know I'm playing on the easiest level? Is it different than the other levels?

EDIT: I found my note. I have to go to the Lighthousekeepers rooms.
    Can someone lead me there?
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 25th Mar 2011 at 18:59. Reason: found the difference

that was an amazing mission .. bordering on genious ... kudos

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Tannar, the head really isn't there.
    You know I'm playing on the easiest level? Is it different than the other levels?
    There is no difference between difficulty levels for this item.

EDIT: I found my note. I have to go to the Lighthousekeepers rooms.
    You must have already been there. The garden in my screenshot can only be accessed from the keeper's rooms.

Many thanks for your help, the hints did fit it! After that, it did not take half an hour to finish the mission.

Crashed to Desktop upon trying to start the level.

This is with BOTH mirrors, Southquarter and Megaupload.
    Last edited by malau; 26th Mar 2011 at 13:42.

Master Builder 2018
    We are still working on fixes but just to be clear, this was with version 1.1?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Malau, if you have a script.osm file in your Thief folder, try renaming it and then restarting.

Sorry, I can't find the head anywhere. I rechecked the garden ánd the lighthouse keepers bedroom.

Sorry, I can't find the head anywhere. I rechecked the garden ánd the lighthouse keepers bedroom.

If you would like to e-mail me your last save file, in the keeper's bedroom would be nice (or post it on a file sharing site if that doesn't work), I would be pleased to check it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    If you would like to e-mail me your last save file, in the keeper's bedroom would be nice (or post it on a file sharing site if that doesn't work), I would be pleased to check it for you.
    I wonder if you are in the right place, Gloria. There are several rooms behind the doors labelled "Keepers Room". In one of those you should have seen an animation of a child running toward a shuttered window (the window either has a shutter or a curtain across it, I can't recall now), then disappearing. You yourself can also go through that window. IIRC, the garden where the statue's head is located on the ground in the snow can ONLY be accessed via that secret window. The garden has a sort of band stand with Christmas fairy lights on it.

Marbien, I already have been there. The head isn't there.
    Smithpd, I'll mail you.

Eternauta,

what a fantastic mission!
    One of the best I've ever played!

Big thanx!

Wonderful mission, Eternauta. It could be a bit confusing at times, but fortunately there's better taffers than me on this board to seek answers from.

I decided to replay it on expert, and I just finished! Eternauta, you're quickly becoming one of my favorite FM authors.
    This was a beautiful, sad, and intriguing game, though if I had one gripe it's that I think your architecture tends to be too complicated (had to pull out the map every time every 30 seconds or so--not fun!) . .. and I miss the old original Thief loot-grab sound effect! It's just so satisfying. .

Anyway, I really enjoyed it and hope to see more from you in the future!

just a little note on crashes, for me it still crashes when I pick up the hammerites and also when i try to pick up water crystals. this happened with both versions. Ill keep trying, maybe i can ghost it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I decided to replay it on expert, and I just finished! Eternauta, you're quickly becoming one of my favorite FM authors.
    This was a beautiful, sad, and intriguing game, though if I had one gripe it's that I think your architecture tends to be too complicated (had to pull out the map every time every 30 seconds or so--not fun!)
    Yes...unfortunately, seems to be my style...
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by xaussienanny View Post
    just a little note on crashes, for me it still crashes when I pick up the hammerites and also when i try to pick up water crystals. this happened with both versions. Ill keep trying, maybe i can ghost it?
    We are "working" for a new version. Sorry!

Thanks to all, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylyc View Post
    I downloaded v1.1 but still have the same problem - game crashes when I try to pick up a water crystal

This is troublesome. Would you try removing script.osm from your Thief folder? Just rename it to something else (you can rename it correctly if this doesn’t work), load the mission in Darkloader or Garrettloader and see if you still get the crash.
    Removing script.osm didn't work, so I did a fresh T2 install and it's OK now. I guess there must have been some collision with previous FM's remnants.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast