TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I was able to place the gem on the table by dropping it (usually done with the "R" key). I could not "use" it with the table, like I did with Anita's eye, since the table did not light up.
    doh! I forgot about R.

Quote Originally Posted by benny taffer View Post
    doh! I forgot about R.
    Guess why I wrote this down in my notes about this mission.

Unfortunately the game crashes for me everytime I try to get to Anitas corpse. Ive tried removing script-t2.osm as was suggested here but it didnt help. I reinstalled the FM but whenever I try to continue with my save it crashes on the exact same place.

Can someone help? Maybe I can send the save so it can be checked what the error is? Im a bit down cause I really like this FM and cant continue now. If just starting from the beginning again would work then Id do it, but theres no guarantee that it doesnt crash again..

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Unfortunately the game crashes for me everytime I try to get to Anitas corpse. Ive tried removing script-t2.osm as was suggested here but it didnt help. I reinstalled the FM but whenever I try to continue with my save it crashes on the exact same place.

Can someone help? Maybe I can send the save so it can be checked what the error is? Im a bit down cause I really like this FM and cant continue now. If just starting from the beginning again would work then Id do it, but theres no guarantee that it doesnt crash again..
    No one can help? I guess I will have to drop it then :/

Master Builder 2018
    You can send me a save and let me see what I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You can send me a save and let me see what I can find out.
    Thank you so much Tannar, I really appreciate it! Heres my save:

https://www.file-upload.net/download...quick.sav.html

Master Builder 2018
    Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to download from that site. Can you try another? Maybe Google Drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to download from that site. Can you try another? Maybe Google Drive?
    Did you click on "download" on the right side? Not the left one with the huge arrow. The file should download immediately. Im not familiar with google drive, but I tried to upload it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n_...p3UiYZ8LaQ9lBF

Did it work?

I tried it with your save, and there was no crash on my setup. Not very helpful, in all probability.
    Last edited by urgrue; 6th May 2020 at 08:36.

CTD with me

Can't say why but what T2Fix have you got installed? 1.27b is the latest and had a bucket load of updated scripts etc in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    CTD with me

Can't say why but what T2Fix have you got installed? 1.27b is the latest and had a bucket load of updated scripts etc in it.
    Thank you all, I really appreciate the help! If I recall correct I have installed the 1.27 patch, Im not sure about 1.27b. Ill install it and hope it works. Ill tell you the result then. Thank you!

CTD with me

Sadly installing the 1.27b patch did not help Did you jump down to the corpse of the lady and try to click the note next to her? Its exactly when the game crashes every time.

I walked up to the ghost of the lady at the top of the stairs, just around the corner from the door at the start of the save.

I walked up to the ghost of the lady at the top of the stairs, just around the corner from the door at the start of the save.
    The ghost or the corpse? You need to go through the door that opens itself right in front of you, jump down and walk to the corpse of the lady (where the note lies). Then it crashes (at least for me).

CTD at ghost at top of stairs.

Then for you it crashes another time then for me. Thats weird. I can walk to the ghost and everywhere but right when I jump down to the corpse it crashes I have no idea why, its the first FM I have this problem with.

Samantha1, try dropping this file into your installation folder, overwriting where necessary, and see if the issue still occurs.

I dropped your file in my installation file (didnt have to overwrite anything) but it didnt work. It still crashes to desktop

Did you place the file in your Thief 2 installation folder? This is where the Thief 2 executable resides, not the FM install directory. My apologies, I may not have been specific enough on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    Did you place the file in your Thief 2 installation folder? This is where the Thief 2 executable resides, not the FM install directory. My apologies, I may not have been specific enough on that point.
    No worries, I understood you. Yes, I put it in the installation folder where the thief2.exe, the user.cfg, darkinst and other files lay. Sadly it still crashes. May I ask what file it is you sent? Do you have an idea what the problem could be? Thank you

I tested it now, it does crash for me there aswell. I just never noticed cause I always jumped down to the corpse right away. So it crashed to desktop when going to the ghost or the corpse. Any ideas what it could occur?

Haven't a clue i'm afraid, I only tested using your save, tried to get to where your save was by starting afresh and then got pulled away by other duties, will try to get to that point in the FM over the w/e.

Haven't a clue i'm afraid, I only tested using your save, tried to get to where your save was by starting afresh and then got pulled away by other duties, will try to get to that point in the FM over the w/e.
    Thanks for your help fortuni, I really appreciate it! Will wait for your answer. Hopefully the reason for the bug can be found, itd be really sad if I have to drop this awesome FM

An unforgettable, wonderful mission.

I guess no one found the reason for the error. Im going to close this topic then and drop this FM

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819 LastLast