TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

The problem seems to be caused by something in T2Fix v1.27b and fixed by v1.27c (yes, that one is out already, see here).

I had a Thief 2 installation modified with T2Fix v1.27a, and neither using Samantha1's quicksave nor a save made by me did yield crashes when approaching Anita's ghost in the room with dead Anita and the note besides the body. Jumping down, approaching the body and picking up the note also gave no crash.

When updating the game's installation with T2Fix v1.27b, both saves yielded crashes when either approaching the ghost or the body. Updating it further with T2Fix v1.27c made the problem vanish once again for both savegames. When updating to v1.27b and c, I only selected NewDark 1.27, DromEd, fixed original missions and resources and what I think is the T2FMDML pack in T2Fix's menu. Temporarily disabling T2FMDML in a v1.27b installation by renaming the appropriate folder did not make the bug vanish. At the moment I would guess that the most likely candidate for causing the crash is a v1.27b fixed original mission or resource.

During all this testing, I did not use the file provided by Jax in this thread. Approaching Anita's other ghost in her tomb after placing the lantern was always possible.

Anyway: Try to download and install T2Fix v1.27c, Samantha1, and with a bit of luck, you can continue from this point. However, keep in mind that there are recommendations coming with v1.27b and c to restart any fan mission because of possible incompatibilities. If you get weird problems in several fan missions, then that recommendation might be what you would have to do.

I see. After I have finished the FM Iīm currently playing, Iīll update to c and try it out again. Hopefully it will have solved the problem then. Thank you very much for the help baeuchlein, I really appreciate it!

Sorry Samantha but I completely forgot about this issue. I’ve brought it to Jax’s attention (he who is the God of T2Fix) and hopefully we’ll be able find out what’s going wrong over the weekend.

No problem fortuni and thank you very much! For now Iīll try the solution with the update to 1.27 c.

Jax confirms there is a bug in T2Fix1.27b which has been corrected in 1.27c

There was a bug in the darkhooks library (dh2.osl) included only with 1.27b, which was the first version to include an update to the Public Scripts to bring it in line with Telliamed's unreleased beta. Only one script relies on this library, TrigAIAwareShift, but this particular mission uses it on the ghost woman noted in that thread. As a result of the bug, this particular script would crash when triggered.

You may need to restart the mission as saves are often not compatible between different versions of T2Fix.
    Last edited by fortuni; 5th Jun 2020 at 04:00.

It worked!! I installed 1.27c and it doesnīt crash anymore. Alot of thanks to everyone that helped me here!

By the way the need to restart from the beginning I have had anyway cause I donīt remember much from this mission and in this FM it is crucial to remember alot

I just finished this on difficulty guilty. I remembered more than I thought. This is definitely one of the best fanmissions I ever played and Iīll definitely replay it soon again cause itīs just so good. So glad I didnīt have to drop it thanks to you guys!

Anitaīs death saddened me alot. She was so kind and was treated so badly before her death. She was afraid of the dark and darko did not just kill her but cut her eyes out so sheīd die in the darkness .

What I loved the most was the creepy atmosphere without having to fight zombies our haunts (except those in the crypt). Usually authors go for undead FMs if they want to create a spooky atmosphere and Iīm not a fan of those. Everything was just done perfectly.

You did not even have to fight the Haunts in the crypt - I lured the Hammerites into there and vanished in the darkness. After all, the Haunts are the Hammers' undead buddies, so it should be the Hammers' job to clean up that mess. Well, at least they won, and even survived.

Haha not bad. I remember I always did that in the cracsleft prison. Btw I didnīt fight them either, I just backstabbed them with my sword

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819