TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Trail of Blood 2 (12.04.2011)

Clearinghouse
    Thanks!

d. Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post

Read up on scrolls and books or whatever.

Thanks, Sweet Bob...

Wow, what a beautiful mission!!!!!
    Although I have a heck of a time trying to jump on the spinning platform at the great waterfall!!!!

I am not sure what reaction I should get whenI am disabling the Steam Tanks...?..I have put the rust gas where the oxgen should go...I have turned on all the switches in the turretts...run out and closed the door like a pressure cooker...but nothing happens....what should happen when you disable them?

Nothing spectacular happens - you've successfully sabotaged one when you hear a musical tone after installing the rust gas.

Absolutely nothing for each individually! But if you've done it to all 3 tanks, you should get the objective tick-off. If not, take the mission's raw .rar file and manually replace it's gen.osm file in the thief2 directory. Happened to me once.

Congrats on the release, intruder. This is one of my favorite missions of all time, if not just that!

Edit: Oh, yes, there's that, sticky fingers. My bad. :/

@JonesCrusher:

How many tanks did you disable?

Excellent mission. I have a question, in the big tree on one of the roof, it has a ( it looks like a squirrel but when I KILLED IT it turns to be a rat. Anyway, Where the squirrel/rat there is a patch of dirt that can be frob, but nothing happens. Can any one tell me what I ned to do.
    thanks
    Silent Warior

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    Excellent mission. I have a question, in the big tree on one of the roof, it has a ( it looks like a squirrel but when I KILLED IT it turns to be a rat. Anyway, Where the squirrel/rat there is a patch of dirt that can be frob, but nothing happens. Can any one tell me what I ned to do.
    thanks
    Silent Warior
    In one of the (big) tree huts, with a child, there is a readable that has a clue for this side quest. Spoiler: You need to find a nut on top of the shaman's hut to use on the squirrel's nest. Didn't find any reward for doing it mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    @JonesCrusher:

How many tanks did you disable?
    its ok I have disabled all the tanks now and got the obj ticked off....thanks for your help

That was sneaky at the end whenyou have to use the speed potion to get accross the lava...is there a way of doing it if you dont have some speed?..I did try and fail without the potion but,then remembered I had one.....,just out of interest in case others have used it before getting to that bit.

FANTASTIC MISSION!!!
    I Humbly thank the author

Intruder: this was FREAKING AWESOME!!!! I extremely enjoyed this!!

Thanx ever so much for your hard work! I will play this one again.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    That was sneaky at the end whenyou have to use the speed potion to get accross the lava...is there a way of doing it if you dont have some speed?
    I'm not sure exactly where you mean but there is no place in the mission where you need a speed potion. If you're talking about the lava cave you come to when you go through the teleporter, just follow the path to the left. There is one small gap to jump over but you don't need a speed potion for it.

Can someone tell me where is the fire ket (stone)?
    thank you
    Silent Warrior

Silent Warrior if you go to where the long fallen tree and two ape men are by a fire and one is patrolling on the fallen tree look up and you will see another apeman up in a nearby tree if you rope arrow up to where he is and look up as you enter the tree house there is a ledge that ypu can get to with another rope arrow.

Clearinghouse
    Finished on expert. It was absolutely outstanding. Thank you so much, intruder

this is one heck of a forest! we need to have a forest contest, I could play around in here all day

some sticking points so far: the log up to the southern village is a pain in the butt to get up; all the women in the southern tree use the same "I am a shaman" speech, and it was very confusing (but explains why the archeresses () kept shooting me!); I died suddenly when going up the stone steps to the northern village.

after a few hours of play, I 'finished' - the "what are the Mechanists doing?" and "make nice with the northern shaman" objectives were unchecked, so I cheated to the stats screen. I'm pretty sure I read everything, so I don't know what I missed for mechanist info; also, it's hard to be friendly with a dead person. what's the trick there?

Master Builder 2018
    For the Mechanist objective, read the book on the table in the northeast hut in the northern village. Also in that hut, move the crates to uncover a trapdoor. Go into the cellar and you will find the shaman of the northern villages.

As for the speeches of the archers in the big tree, maybe they are shamans in training...

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    we need to have a forest contest
    nice idea

I'm afraid that you won't find enough authors who would actually like such an idea. A new Reloaded Contest seems to be most likely. But hey, feel free to reload this FM

von Manstein?!

I think it is a suitable name for the Mechanist operation, as the situation is similar (large offensive, lead by tanks) and the Mechanist leader is also mad and misanthropic.

Agreed, and for someone whose number one hobby is reading about the eastern front of WWII the direct reference was too obvious to miss!

Pls confirm me, before I enter the portal that there are only 2 steam tanks

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Pls confirm me, before I enter the portal that there are only 2 steam tanks
    Yep, that's right. There's another one beyond the portal = 3 in total. And you can come back throught the portal later.

I must be very tired. Can someone tell me where & what item to use on the pedestal opposite from the skull pedestal.
    thanks
    Silent Warrior

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast