TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Trail of Blood 2 (12.04.2011)

What:
    Use the "Dryad's Eye" on this pedestal.

Where:
    In the central, lava-filled cave is another small cave with the dead body of a pagan shaman. The artifact is lying on the floor next to the corpse.

ok, I'm in a quandry now!

I see that I can go one way via the forest areas or another way via the fast current and the climb up the vine with a stop over which is the first secret.

Um, which way is correct?
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

Garrett's Shadow, I'm not sure where you are right now but be sure to get all 5 of the gemstones before going with the current.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Master Builder 2018
    GS & Gloria, it's not necessary to get all the gemstones first. You can go any way you wish. There is no place in the map that you can't return from.

Tannar, Yes, I know that you can climb up from the streamarea, but wouldn´t it be better to just have the gemstones ready to move on?
    That was my only reason for responding that way

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

OK thanx!

I was'nt sure - even though jumping from sparkly air bridge to sparkly air bridge
    is an excercise in "heart-in-the-throat"! lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww man, I really kinda think that there should have been a reward for feeding Scrat! Like maybe when you go back and reread the diary the little girl has added a line like "Oh wow, a nice city man all in black came and fed him for me! Just for that, I think I'll tell him my other little secret, where I hid a nice shiny nugget of that yellow stuff and a nice glowy crystal! Oh I hope he sneaks a peek at my diary here!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 16th Apr 2011 at 04:44.
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

bikerdude
    awesome little mission intruder, well done! - couple of bug that others have reported..
    • the sabotage steam tanks objective dosent tick off
    • the destroy spies in dayport dosent tick off.

As a result nothing happenes when I step through the second portal, is there anything left to play in the mission or does it complete at this point.

Do you have the gen.osm that was mentioned?

Technical Note:
    If you experienced problems caused by a corrupted gen.osm file with other FMs, you should install the mission via DarkLoader and then copy the gen.osm file from the .zip-archive manually into your Thief 2 directory to prevent any trouble.

bikerdude
    Ok tried that, dosent make that last 2 remaining objective tick of though...
    Last edited by bikerdude; 16th Apr 2011 at 10:36.

That is definitely the gen.osm.
    IIRC you had the same problem with "Complicated Cargo".
    Just overwrite the file with the one from the .zip and everything is fine.

What I would advice to people who experience this problem:
    Once you remove this FM and bring T2 back into its original state, copy the gen.osm from this zip-file into your T2 directory. It will make sure that you're playing with the correct version of the script file and you won't have any problems with other FMs.

bikerdude
    Did the set thief back to original with DL and checked gen.osm and it was the same as in your archive. Went back to an earlier save with a copied gen.osm and still neither objective will complete..

here is a copy of my quick save - filefront
    Last edited by bikerdude; 16th Apr 2011 at 11:21.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    and also you had this problem in "The Deadly Triangle" Gen.osm, and Convict.osm need to be updated.

gen.osm-date: 3/27/2000-size is:419-420kb
    convict.osm-date:3/27/2000-size is:123 kb
    Last edited by darthsLair; 16th Apr 2011 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    here is a copy of my quick save - filefront
    Tried your quicksave and got both the Tanks and the spies objectives to check off OK for me. With the spies objective you do need to read the Dayport spies scroll for it to check (but you probably did that ?).

bikerdude
    Ok, must be a corrupt file/s then.

So... set T2 back to vanilla, replaced all scripts files (tnh.gam, convict.osm, NVscript.osm, script.osm, tnhscript.osm, version.osm) then installed the FM and copied the above scripts into the T2 folder and now the objectives are working.

This file corruption thing has happened before, but its so rare I forget about it when troubleshooting.
    Last edited by bikerdude; 16th Apr 2011 at 14:17.

Finished on Expert with no help at all! Found no secret though. Otherwise, the mission went along like clockwork for me. Thanks for the awesome adventure! I'm with those who wouldn't mind seeing more of these woodsie type missions.

A tiny clue as to the secret's whereabouts (if it's not too early to ask)?

Master Builder 2018
    A tiny clue: Take a swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    For the Mechanist objective, read the book on the table in the northeast hut in the northern village. Also in that hut, move the crates to uncover a trapdoor. Go into the cellar and you will find the shaman of the northern villages.
    that was exactly what I needed, thank you! somehow I had skipped that entire house

Where is the druid skull? Oh found it - have been there already but have reloaded an earlier save....
    Last edited by Garga; 17th Apr 2011 at 17:05.

Garga,
    Go to the swamp with all those little islands in it. Some of them have coloured lights.
    Look up.

COOL GAME SO FAR :)

I have 1 questions though were is the Air Key? I have earth, water, moss and fire keys.

I got.

1. Earth- forest to the North
    2. Water-don't remember where I found it
    3. Fire - Tree House in E. Forest? Not sure
    4. Air key?
    5. Moss key - Great tree to South

2 & 3 can be vice versa...
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 18th Apr 2011 at 22:22.

Master Builder 2018
    In the glade with the steam tank to the southeast there is a hollow tree with an opening that leads to the large waterfalls. It's in that tree.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Steffen, this is a truly expertly crafted mission. Heavily inspired by canon, beautifully fit into the T2 storyline, yet enough creativity and new ideas to provide a fresh aspect. And the gameplay is classic Thief, with expertly placed lights and patrols. I've found 4 of 5 portal gems and look forward to finishing up tomorrow, but wanted to jump in here and thank you for such a great effort. Well done!

Thank you Russ! Now I'm feeling even more motivated to start a new FM project

the objective for the drilling machine doesn't tick
    and i can't find the secret

I need a push
    I may be blind But I found my way

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    the objective for the drilling machine doesn't tick
    and i can't find the secret

I need a push
    Drilling Machine:
    There are three of them that need to be sabotaged.

1: Northern Settlement.
    2: Near the Southern Settlement (Where there are two logs, with the right leading to the Southern Settlement) take the left log.
    3: Once you activate the portal, the third one is there.

Secret:
    At the log area mentioned in #2, jump into the water and let the current push you.
    You then have a narrow window where you need to get onto a ledge on the right.

The area has the Horn Of Quintus music.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast