TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Being Thief v1.1 (29/05/2011).

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexjones66 View Post
    Hello there

I cannot get out of the first room the game keeps crashing when i click on the door. I have installed the custom scripts.

How can i fix this please?
    It's strange, the is noting what may cause something like this. Only a comment is linked to that door "Better check my map. ", which is a native Thief thing. I say clean up your game dir. and let the FM manager install the whole stuff including the script modules.

zip file structure is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    It's strange, the is noting what may cause something like this. Only a comment is linked to that door "Better check my map. ", which is a native Thief thing. I say clean up your game dir. and let the FM manager install the whole stuff including the script modules.
    I updated to 1.1 but now i get a message saying the requested screen mode could not be set and noticed with garrettloader It says zip file structure is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexjones66 View Post
    I updated to 1.1 but now i get a message saying the requested screen mode could not be set and noticed with garrettloader It says zip file structure is wrong
    A corrupt file, wrong download. Download again and will be OK .

Edit: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2067011

Wow! That's a great FM there. I love it, but I'm stuck, and I'm asking for help.

Can't get into the banker's cellar. From reading this thread, I gather some relevant pieces of information:

- There's something in the bathroom. All I found there was a single loot item, a brush (IIRC) by the washbasin.
    - There's an unpickable metal door that leads under the banker's house. I assume it leads to the cellar, but I can't find the key.
    - I'm supposed to look around some wine barrels. Couldn't find any barrels, I assume they're beyond the metal door I can't open.

Since vague hints were already asked and given in this thread and they're not helping me, I'm asking for completely explicit and detailed spoilers, please.

EDIT: I finally had a breakthrough, which might or might not answer all questions. If others are still stuck: a section of the bathroom floor is frobbable.

Fabulous and absorbing mission. Classic

I'am just about finished and enjoyed it very much. It found almost everything I guess but was wondering what this balcony here was about, there wasn't any loot in there just a crate and a barrel. Was it cut out, forgotten or supposed to be empty?
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...enshot1jh.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Aekoric View Post
    I'am just about finished and enjoyed it very much. It found almost everything I guess but was wondering what this balcony here was about, there wasn't any loot in there just a crate and a barrel. Was it cut out, forgotten or supposed to be empty?
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...enshot1jh.jpg/
    That's an another way into the bankers room. There is a small door on the batten. Originally that was the only way in, later I opened a window below.

Oh well, I didn't see that, thanks Great mission nonetheless, it grabbed me and didn't let me go until I was finished, that's pretty rare

I cant find no window

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    I can only answer the first question, since you and I are on exactly the opposite ends of the page. I can't open the front door yet, but solved how to get into what you can't from the front If you look around the back of the library there is a window that's really more of a door you can pick open to get in the back. It has the solution to your library problem.
    in the back of the library. Theres an arch above a desk with a book "I'm a wall builder", on the 2nd floor, but it won't frob. Where is this elusive window?

And how do I get the bookshelf open where the torches are?

Just curious, but the objective, Don't alert or harm any guards! is only for the Hard difficulty? I thought for sure that this objective should have been on Expert also, but apparently not.

Walkthrough
    Last edited by Ricebug; 13th Sep 2011 at 08:39.

Ricebug, in your walkthrough you state this:

Where’s the information about the Mechanists' activity?

Open the vault in the bank’s basement.

The only thing I found in that bank vault was the explanation for the power failures

Looks like this part of your walkthrough is incorrect. I found the info on the Mechanists' activity now and it's not in the bank vault. It's in the Mechanist section.
    Last edited by cavador_8; 24th Dec 2011 at 17:45.

Right. The power failure springs from the main bank safe, you need the sketch of the cable trussings there to complete obj 1: "Find an explanation for the power failures."

For obj 3: "Obtain information about the Mechanists' activity." you need the 2 mechanist plan (book) about BCOK machine from the railway workshops.

Thanks Sensut, you are one of my all time favorite fan mission creators. Excellent job with this one. Very well done. I really enjoyed Being Thief. I added it to my fan mission walkthrough website. I didn't include anything in the way of gathering key cards or loot in my walkthrough though, except for the museum and library. I gave steps how to get loot there. I just created one to solve the objectives on normal difficulty.

http://thief2fanwalks.freewebspace.com/BeingThief.html
    Last edited by cavador_8; 27th Dec 2011 at 11:25.

Ah, I found a walkthrough!

Thanks!

Sensut, I just played this mission on New Dark. It plays better than in the original. Is there supposed to be the sequel, when?

WTF The war broke out there or what happened?

I'm working on it, but there is much to work. Next summer probably.

Clearinghouse
    WOW Awesome screenshots!

Cool, I liked this mission.

Terrific mission!

Awesome so far, one of the top city missions for sure. It feels like a real place.
    Question; I'm almost done and there's nothing in the way to continue but was wondering what is with the timed switch up in the city watch building you can only sneak into from the window? THANKS!

Edit: oh duh saw now it was the lights for the hallway next door.

Let me know if you need any voice acting I can send you a sample.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 20th Jun 2013 at 23:19. Reason: Duh

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Let me know if you need any voice acting I can send you a sample.
    Thanks for you offer, I recorded . Usually I don't use voice acting in my FMs just because I prefer any informations written, since english is not my native language and I know from experience how hard is to understand sometime these lines in english for a non-english player. Furthermore the written texts can be easily translated to other languages which is also an advantage.

Outstanding mission! One of the best I've ever played, tbh.

Finished it (about 300 gold short) with NewDark 1.22, though I did stumble upon one minor issue. I was able to mantle upon the western gate into the Mechanists territory, though I think it wasn't an intended way in (because the appropriate objective wasn't ticked, it only did when I opened specific window - using warehouse route). I have new mantling code enabled in my cam_ext.cfg, so maybe that's the reason.

Also I was using EP2 and I had to delete water textures from the FM folder in order to fix water blinking issue.

I wonder if anyone else has been using this route.
    Before you obtain rope arrows you can make this jump here.
    Turned out to be essential path for my progression since I felt like running through the bank right away was careless.

Started playing this mission recently and, well, wow! I'm having a blast! It feels really great. So many nice little details, as well, like that woman in the shower or new arrow heads...
    Can't wait to play more of it!

I've just downloaded this fm and I am using FMSel, however the game won't show up on the list. I can see it in my files/folders, and it's under the correct FM folder, but its not in FMSel.
    I've tried exiting, refreshing, I've double checked the FM path and that's correct also.
    I don't know what else to try.

Exile is showing up just fine.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast