TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. "Complete" sucks

There are so many mods out there with vague names and vague descriptions that add up to "changed a bit of everything" that calling your mod "Complete" is an ingenious way to bring in everyone without the time and energy to compare them all.

I recently had a great run of Shadow of Chernobyl with Autumn Aurora. I don't think I can play vanilla again, but you'll get plenty of people recommending that.

There's also Anomaly which I think is currently the most popular of the free-roam everything-stitched-together that grew out of Call of Chernobyl/Call of Misery. It's standalone, free to download, and has its own mod eco-system. Please don't ask me which mods are best with it.

Gunslinger was released recently for Call of Pripyat. I haven't tried it yet, but will do soon, and looking out to see which other modpacks it gets merged with.
    Last edited by Neb; 11th Jan 2021 at 19:42.

I too played through with Autumn Aurora last summer and I loved it. On Twitter, it appears many Stalker fans swear by Anomaly these days, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't think you'll find a compelling consensus on what the "best" mod or set of mods is -- just people fighting with each other about what they swear is best.

So I guess I'm sorta seconding Neb.

In general, the Stalker mod world is a rabbit hole you could disappear into for months, so be careful.

To make things more complicated, I think I may have slightly modded my Autumn Aurora install, but I don't remember for sure or exactly how. At some point I grew exasperated with all the possible permutations and decided to ignore further modding and just play.

That worked.

verbose douchebag
    Ain't nobody got time for all that!
    Autumn Aurora it is - thanks!

Anomaly 1.5.0 + Update 4 + Hotfix 8 + Muh Immersion Addon Pack 1.5.3 Full

Anomaly 1.5.1 just dropped it'll take some time for OnegRiot to update his pack.

Check out Lost Alpha by Dezowave and Dead Air!

verbose douchebag
    Went with Autumn Aurora - thanks for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12