TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732374247525762112262512 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    Not necessarily a bad thing. While dosbox runs fine on Win7, my experience is that no win 3.1 executable will no matter how much you tweak it.
    Yeah but The Beast Within has a Windows 95 executable. They should be able to make that work, I think. It would really lower the system requirements for people who go to gog.com because they have old systems that can't play anything modern.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    I've been saying that japanese surhors (games) are generally the best out there for now, and also they do them in larger quantity than anyone else, that's all.

When I'm making fun of you, it's probably a good idea not to prove my point.

I am replaying Invisible War for probably the 6th time. While I still enjoy it, time has not been kind to this lightning rod of controversy. The animation is laughably bad and very wooden. Hell the characters look like when a game glitches and every character loads with its arms straight out. Some strange dialogues and really inconsistent writing, too.

But, it is fun and there are far too few games in the genre.

Taking the Death Toll
    I've been switching off between FEAR (just got out of the hospital in FEAR 2) and another solo run through L4D1/2 (just finished Blood Harvest last night.)

I've pretty much got my next few games worked out after I finish FEAR; it's really a matter of what order I play them in:

Dead Island, Fallout 2, Red Dead Redemption GOTY, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, Fable 1/2. Probably copious amounts of Cities XL 2012 too, 'cuz I can't help myself.

is Best Pony
    Rise of Isengard just come out for LoTRO, so my kinship and I are busy taking all our hobbits to it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The Saboteur. The running and gunning is good. The sneaking and sabotaging is decent. Surprisingly the driving is a lot of fun. Zooming through the narrow streets of Paris while pursued by Nazis is a real thrill. Using the bonnet-cam is a must, much more atmospheric.

Finished Gow 3 campaign, it was an utter rubbish, to the end. Multiplayer is much better though, more custom gameplay options, well-designed maps. Again Epic proved they're craftsmen rather than proficient storytellers or artists.

Finished Fallout 2 a few days ago. Fantastic game, although bits of it certainly feel unfinished (San Francisco being a major disappointment). The oil rig was bullshit if you make the mistake of taking your party with you without knowing that you can safely leave them somewhere for the finale (I ended up abandoning them in the reactor level because fighting through the barracks felt like a waste of goddamn time). The boss was utterly stupid, but that's Obsidian, er, Black Isle for you.

I aborted another attempt at playing Arcanum. I really want to get into the setting but the interface/combat mechanics are so bad I just can't get past them. I'm going to start my first playthrough of ToEE instead, which feels glorious after spending an evening banging my face against Arcanum.

Done with The Beast Within. A lot of fun.

I was mistaken though, contrary to what I wrote earlier most of the German characters were portrayed by British or American actors, judging by their names I saw during the end credits. Good casting though, their German pronunciation was very good and their German accents while speaking English were very convincing, didn't sound fake at all.

Just installed Under A Killing Moon. It doesn't look as good, visually, as I remembered it looking, but I'm fairly sure I'm going to have fun with it.

Just got to Magic Man's place in Condemned 2. This game still has me firmly by the balls.

Finished DX:HR and now replaying Patrician 3 for old time sake. My name is Xerxes Powerlust. Might check out Patrician 4 after. Has anyone here played it, and is it any good?

Fired up CS:S for the first time in years and played the fuck out of a zombie server. Waiting for GO.

XERXES POWERLUST

Chakat sex pillow
    Where can I download that

I mentioned in the fallout forum that I'm replaying New Vegas while waiting for Rage to be released.

Just like my first playthrough of FO3, I missed a lot (i ended up finding Dad in the vault he was trapped in by accident and skipped a bunch of quests because of it the first time), on my second playthrough I saw more than twice as much of the capital wasteland.

When I first started playing New Vegas I thought the world felt disappointingly small compared to the capital wasteland. You couldn't even venture to the edges of the map. I bought the DLC hoping to expand my experience a bit and sought out to level up a bit before jumping into them. The thing is, I've found SO MUCH stuff that I never even stumbled upon or knew existed during my first playthrough. WAY more than my 2nd playthrough of FO3. I had mentioned in my other post that I found scorpion gulch and an alternate way to New Vegas that didn't involve the highway and going through novac. That was pretty sweet, as well as actually getting to the NCRCF, which I completely skipped on my first playthrough. But now i'm in the vegas ruins and there is so much here I never saw before. I mostly just went straight to the strip last time and screwed around in fiend territory and camp macarran. Well I never even actually entered the macarran concourse. More than half the base is past there. I never saw the vegas sewers, or the entire westside. It's like a whole new game already and I haven't even started any of the DLC yet. I knew this would happen, but the sheer amount of content I missed is astonishing, considering i played for nearly 50 hours my first playthrough. I'm amazed they managed to release this game with only a couple short years of development.

The Architect
    FEAR 2 by night at my homedesk, Uncharted by day on the couch, and Trine during lunchbreaks. Seems like a good mix!

Taking the Death Toll
    I've been playing FEAR 2 too! I just finished the DLC; looking forward to FEAR 3 tonight.

Just finished Condemned 2, on to my second replay of DX: HR!

Chakat sex pillow

Monolith Pile-On

Replaying Condemned 1! In the first hour of my Fear 2 replay!

And also Red Faction: Armageddon. Never has flinging bits of wall and industrial pipe at hard carapaced glowing insects (and vice-versa) been so squishily satisfying. Volition seems to be the only developer who understands that, sometimes, all a grown man needs is a toybox that brings out his inner, sandcastle-stomping child. Good counter-point to the serious fucked-upness of Monolith's hobo bashing and psychic sex-addled ghost child.

El Shagmeister

Throne of Bhaal, baby.

So far, finding it not too challenging at all. Just finished escaping Saradush after killing Gromnir. Currently on the 2nd level of Watcher's Keep and having a ball. I'm sure the lower levels and the Bhaalspawn bosses will smack me about. Still, I shall triumph in the end!

DX : HR replay was just a tad too soon. I need to give it some time. That said, Fable 2 caught my eye and I installed it instead. I want to get 3 and I believe that I should actually play through this one first (and yeah, I played through the 1st game, both on Xbox and PC thank you very much).

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

I finally finished DX:HR. Great fucking game. I look forward to the campaign DLCs.

The endings were all lame though, just some asshole spewing pseudo-intellectual high school psychology over stock footage. IW was far more impressive in this department.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    DX : HR replay was just a tad too soon. I need to give it some time.
    too soon

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 29th Sep 2011 at 22:18.

Taking the Death Toll
    so FEAR 3 is pretty good, despite the fact that i can't turn off motion blur

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    incredible

Siren Blood Curse is quite cool so far, at least in terms of atmosphere (which, with a horror game, is what I'm mainly interested in). It's also fairly repetitive, though, so I appreciate the way they've structured it into ~45min TV-styled episodes. Definitely works for this sort of game.

I'm also still enjoying Gay Tony, although for some reason I prefer the more sombre GTA IV and The Lost and Damned to this instalment. Guess I like boring, depressing stuff more than disco parties and bathroom quickies.

For those replaying Deus Ex: HR again / in the middle of a playthrough, you might want to chip in an extra $2 to get this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/28060/

To quote the steam page:

Unlocks the Tong's Rescue Bonus Mission, the Grenade Launcher, the Remote-Detonated Explosive Device and the Automatic Unlocking Device for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I'd have preferred that this had been available from the get go when I was still playing the game, but ah well.

Page 12 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732374247525762112262512 ... LastLast