TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 532 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166116266516 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

I actually preferred the first game; the second one tried a bit too hard to be funny at times IMO, going too far into Austin Powers territory for my tastes, and it felt too eager to please, e.g. with its cuter, younger Cate Archer.

Taking the Death Toll
    Made it to the city in Dead Island; for the most part, it's all kinda samey-looking. I am enjoying the hell out of this game, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    I actually preferred the first game; the second one tried a bit too hard to be funny at times IMO, going too far into Austin Powers territory for my tastes, and it felt too eager to please, e.g. with its cuter, younger Cate Archer.
    Yes, and the longer levels in NOLF2 often outstayed their welcome, with lots of backtracking. The humour was more forced silliness at the expense of character than the light-hearted tone of an otherwise fairly serious story of the first. The first had a lot more depth; it didn't shy away from tackling feminism and the nature of being a woman in a man's world. That all got lost in the sequel in favour of mimes on unicycles.

But the first game doesn't have lean!!!!!111

Actually, yeah, the first game is pretty much better in every respect. I still love the second one, though.

After giving up on Arcanum I also gave up on ToEE. I'll probably try them both later, but jesus. I can see the potential in both games but they have mechanial issues I just don't feel like dealing with right now.

Anyway, I spent the day playing Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich instead. A bit on the short side (10 hours) but damn that was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    After giving up on Arcanum
    What specific problems did you have with it?

Shitty combat and boring exploration. The interface is pretty shitty, too, but I can deal with that. I'll eventually give it another go, but a decent RPG to me is more than an Infocomic.

Played Nous a few times yesterday and am playing the free GoG release of Broken Sword today! Love them both.

I couldn't get Nous to work yesterday morning. I'll probably enjoy the hell out of it if the new build he posted works.

Level 10,000 achieved
    After finishing (and very much enjoying) Dead Rising 2 yesterday I decided to give the first game another try. Nope, I still can't get into it. It's just too difficult and not fun enough for me to bother with it. So I switched over to another game I'd left half-played: Bionic Commando. Good solid third person swinging and shooting. No idea why I stopped playing it in the first place.

I love Bionic Commando too. Varied and pretty environments to swing around in, some dudes to beat up in them, hidden stuff to find, it's got it all. I only wish they didn't make the level borders invisible in the form of the radiation.
    I'm easily pleased with swinging. I liked Spider-man 3 and Web of Shadows too. Is that it, though? Bionic Commando and Spider-man games? I'd like more of this form of movement.

I'm finally past the outskirts of Vizima in The Witcher after 3 tries to get into the game. It's finally clicking, I think. It probably helps that I'm reading the first collection of Witcher stories simultaneously. Trying to get to a tower in the swamp for Kalkstein right now, saw a monster with a Dutch name, got confused.

Taking the Death Toll
    Will probably be finishing Dead Island tonight.

This is one of those flawed little gems that can really shine with mods. It starts getting a bit samey towards the end, which is why I'm glad it's almost over, but damn if I didn't have a bunch of fun with it on the way.

Not entirely sure what I'll be doing with my time next.

Some time ago I finished Duke Nukem 3D, and concluded that this game kicks ass (and chews bubblegum, probably). I liked the level design, and there was enough variety in weapons and enemies. Plus, there's the Duke Nukem feeling. Your face, your ass, what's the difference? Even though Blood tops it in the race of Build engine games, it still rules.

I also finished Commandos and its expansion pack recently. This game also kicked ass (often mine), but it's just awesome. Made me use both my brain and reflexes (needed some patience too). The expansion was an improvement over the original, with new abilities for the characters and overhauled audio, but the main problems (AI pathfinding, controls) still remained. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I already installed the sequel, but I'll let it rest for a bit (I'll have to re-learn the controls for it anyway).

Other than these I play some coop with a friend. Borderlands, which we pretty much finished now (including the DLCs) - it's a fun way to kill time in coop. Also Quake, which is super fast paced compared to today's games, and doesn't really have enough ammo for two players on the levels (by the way, thank god for the 'no friendly fire' option , things often get frantic in there). And finally Ghost Recon, which is still one of the best tactical shooters games out there.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Not entirely sure what I'll be doing with my time next.
    Play KotOR.

I bought a PS2 game. One I have never, ever played or even thought I would: Shadow of the Colossus. It was 11 bucks complete, so I'll be slapping that one in the console tomorrow.

Taking the Death Toll
    Installed Fallout 2 and the latest restoration patch. Looking forward; now that I'm familiar with the game, I can actually play it. Also, keeping ammo "fixes" firmly off.

did you play Dead Island single player, or with co-op players? I find the single player nowhere near as enjoyable as co-op, kind of stopped playing it as my gaming mates are all way further into the game than I am (I'm lvl10, they are around lvl 30), and dont wanna play on my game cos its stuff they have already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshibu View Post
    I'm finally past the outskirts of Vizima in The Witcher after 3 tries to get into the game. It's finally clicking, I think. It probably helps that I'm reading the first collection of Witcher stories simultaneously.
    How you finding them? I just started the fourth book (Czas Pogardy) and really getting into it. The first one is still my favorite.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    did you play Dead Island single player, or with co-op players? I find the single player nowhere near as enjoyable as co-op, kind of stopped playing it as my gaming mates are all way further into the game than I am (I'm lvl10, they are around lvl 30), and dont wanna play on my game cos its stuff they have already done.
    I'm playing singleplayer, which has issues of its own, yes. That said, most of the people who I'd want to play this game with don't have it.

Taking a short break from Lufia 2 to play "The Lonesome Road" the latest in the Fallout New Vegas DLC. On the overall whole its not too bad, though the levels are quite linear compared to that of the previous DLC. Story is interesting, though its quite text heavy at times. Other than that, its not bad.

El Shagmeister

Dying in Dark Souls.

That is all.

Taking a break
    Should I go with the revolver or the assault rifle in HR? I heard the revolver is a beast, and I need something hard for those brilliant unavoidable untranquilizable boss fights.

Just Cause 2 -- This game is still oodles-of-fun and convenient to play in bite-sized chunks. Currently at 52% completion.

Mirror's Edge -- After three aborted attempts ('Cuz I got low blood-sugar frustration tolerance these days), I find the parkor-style gameplay new and quite enjoyable … aside from some *shooty-bits*.

(Batman AA has been shelved 'cuz I'm frik'n tired of fighting Titan Joker. I no longer CARE who rules Gotham City! … I OWN Panau.)
    Last edited by bleaksand; 10th Oct 2011 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Should I go with the revolver or the assault rifle in HR? I heard the revolver is a beast, and I need something hard for those brilliant unavoidable untranquilizable boss fights.
    The revolver is awesome, explosive rounds are frakkin sweet. The combat rifle/submachine guns are shit. You decide.

Taking the Death Toll
    man the final boss of batman AA is fucking easy

i had a harder time with the fight right before it

Page 16 of 532 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166116266516 ... LastLast