TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 527 FirstFirst ... 381314151617181920212223283338434853586368118268518 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

I have a copy of Burnout 2 for the first XBOX somewhere at my mom's. I really miss that game too. Perhaps I'll borrow a hard drive from a buddy for the 360 just to see if it will work on my 360. My first XBOX is quite dead unfortunately.

I really loved trying to cause as large a crash as possible... that and driving in the oncoming lane like a maniac, weaving back and forth through traffic. In that game, the more dangerously you drive, the faster you go!

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Also, can I just say this game's opening is stupid? Unless you tag melee or unarmed, every fight until you get hold of a gun is a nightmare.
    I didn't tag unarmed and I still had something like 65 points in it by the time I was done with Klamath.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
    I have a copy of Burnout 2 for the first XBOX somewhere at my mom's. I really miss that game too. Perhaps I'll borrow a hard drive from a buddy for the 360 just to see if it will work on my 360. My first XBOX is quite dead unfortunately.

I really loved trying to cause as large a crash as possible... that and driving in the oncoming lane like a maniac, weaving back and forth through traffic. In that game, the more dangerously you drive, the faster you go!
    Burnout is one of my favorite racing series ever. One thing that I like about the burnout mechanism is that it creates a pretty good risk/reward dynamic. Will you go for an average speed by trying to take the quickest and easiest route, or drive into oncoming traffic for a nice boost of speed but putting yourself at risk of a wipeout that will cost you a position or two?

and don't forget how the music gets louder and more agressive when you fill up the meter and use turbo. This game was awesome with a 5.1 surround system and a sub woofer right next to me. You get to hear the metal crunching all around you... lol

I remember even managing to knock my car off the cliff on some of the damage challenges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01kjlxtswEU

Paradise also included a pretty cool (but too rarely used) feature that would snap a picture of an online opponent's face at the moment you wrecked their car. Of course, my buddy who was playing at the time took advantage of this feature to send a picture of his bare ass to some dude.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    Of course, my buddy who was playing at the time took advantage of this feature to send a picture of his bare ass to some dude.

Finished Titan Quest yesterday - and boy, did I hate that ending. It's possible that my specs were completely messed up, but if I can pretty much breeze through the game until the last two areas and suddenly I get my ass handed to me around every corner, I think it's fair to lay some of the blame on the game's balancing and difficulty curve.

I've started Ben There Dan That and am enjoying it so far - although I'm glad that it's not a long game, since I think I'd grow tired of the humour and style after a few hours. Also, I've now installed Deus Ex: Human Resources and will start that as soon as I'm done with Gay Tony (cue tired jokes).

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    (cue tired jokes).
    Sorry to break it to you, but I don't think Queue swings that way.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 13th Oct 2011 at 06:26.

The Architect
    Moved on to Fear 3 now (solo play). The "evolution" from Fear 2 is a little staggering. With five and a half games and three different developers over the course of six years, doing a full series playthrough has been unexpectedly interesting.

inFamous now on the console. After Uncharted I was a little put off by the low production values, but being able to scamper up the side of any building is a refreshing change from Darke's "find the next spot to jump to" platforming.

During the lunchbreak it's nothing but RAGE.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Sorry to break to you, but I don't think Queue swings that way.
    Like you would know

@Digi: I found Infamous slightly clunky in terms of its platforming/traversal mechanics and a horrendously implemented cover system that you thankfully don't need all that much, but incredibly awkward? Are you referring to something else, perchance?

Taking the Death Toll
    Fallout 2's opening areas are really, really awful, one of my big criticisms of the game. While I no longer have the truly ridiculous problem of bullets bouncing off enemies, Klamath in general kind of sucks. I just got to the Den which is slightly better, but to be honest, New Reno is where this game shines the best.

The Architect
    Sorry Sulphur, edited my post before I saw yours. Incredibly awkward wasn't the best way to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Fallout 2's opening areas are really, really awful, one of my big criticisms of the game. While I no longer have the truly ridiculous problem of bullets bouncing off enemies, Klamath in general kind of sucks. I just got to the Den which is slightly better, but to be honest, New Reno is where this game shines the best.
    From what I remember ( and I probably haven't touched it in 8 years) is that the area where you get killed by rats about a dozen times before you actually get to play the game? If so, yes - it's without a doubt the worst part of a great game placed where it will put most people off before they've even started.

One of the best things about Fallout 1 / 2 for me was the music and is what kept me playing through the initial tedium - it's so horribly oppressive in an awesome way - especially when entering a hostile city and you're all alone in a radioactive city full of mutants. Many times I wasn't sitting in front of my computer, I was there, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Finished Titan Quest yesterday - and boy, did I hate that ending. It's possible that my specs were completely messed up, but if I can pretty much breeze through the game until the last two areas and suddenly I get my ass handed to me around every corner, I think it's fair to lay some of the blame on the game's balancing and difficulty curve.
    I'm working through Egypt and hoping my "90% of points into Masteries" plan works out in the long run. It appears you can redistribute points, but not any put into Mastery, and not the base-stats. Which kinda sucks IMO, RPGs like this should let you rebuild from scratch.
    Last edited by Chimpy Chompy; 13th Oct 2011 at 09:55.

now, Uluk. Here's a question for you.

How do you survive the freaking first area? There's a shit ton of rats, scorpions etc and no healing supplies to be found.

Run like hell and fight only when necessary, from what I remember.

Quoth the raven
    hey hey hey hey hey hey now, Gay Tony i best GTA 4 episode.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Beat Bionic Commando, on HARD, coz thats just how I roll.

Whatever shall I play next? Dark Souls wont be here for a week so what am I supposed to do in the meantime? Go outside? Ha! I think I'll replay one of the games I enjoyed but have only played once. COD MW2? Enslaved? Alan Wake? Bioshock 2? Hmm... or maybe I'll try to finish Mini Ninjas.

Edit: nope you know what? Mini Ninjas is just too boring. This game is a poor man's Zelda, and I am not a poor man so I don't need to put up with this shit. Granted I don't own a Nintendo system either so I can't play any actual Zelda games but I think I'll just play MW2 instead.
    Last edited by henke; 13th Oct 2011 at 13:00.

is Best Pony
    I always think you mean MechWarrior 2 there. Go play Enslaved and tell me if it's any good, henke!
    Last edited by Matthew; 13th Oct 2011 at 14:48.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just finished a replay of Condemned Criminal Origins; now starting Condemned 2 Bloodshot. Gonna beat me up some more bums and winos, yeah!

(and can we put a moratorium on posting that god awful animinated pic of the guy "eating" the banana, good lord)

Taking the Death Toll
    shadowhide is gone so i don't think it's an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ulukai View Post
    From what I remember ( and I probably haven't touched it in 8 years) is that the area where you get killed by rats about a dozen times before you actually get to play the game? If so, yes - it's without a doubt the worst part of a great game placed where it will put most people off before they've even started.
    You're thinking of the opening cave in Fallout 1, which isn't really that bad. (The opening TEMPLE in Fallout 2, however, with its ants and scorpions, is that bad.)

I'm thinking mostly of the fucking geckos, especially the Toxic Caves. What a nightmare. I managed to get Smiley out alive; I'm going back later when I've got some better equipment and fucking slaughtering all those little brown bastards and taking their skin and wearing it for a fucking loincloth.

Taking a break
    Can't say I ever had a problem. But I always tag Unarmed, so this might just be the reason.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Go play Enslaved and tell me if it's any good, henke1
    I've already played it once y'know. The characters are great, the story is engaging for the most part and the gameplay is solid, though unspectacular. You should be able to find it pretty cheap these days so defenitely pick it up if you like FUN and ADVENTURE!

is Best Pony
    Argh, my punctuation error preserved for all to see

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation!

Played the DNF demo. I can't even justify ten bucks for this game. Not only am I on a very strict and limited path, but there is almost no opportunity to explore the areas that look cool. I can't even go back to the beginning of the game and look around the locker room for bits I missed without having to lose my current progress in the mines due to the checkpoint system. Wolfenstein 3-D was superior here.

The weapons like the pistol and particularly the shotgun feel like they are straight out of Halo. The shotgun reload sounds straight ripped out of that game. The rocket launcher melee animation looks directly ported from Halo as well. We don't even get a taste of the multiplayer to see how well it performs. Does it lag like hell the way Halo PC does, or does it run like a dream with lag compensation and quality net code, the way a real PC game does.

I think I need to go play some Shadow Warrior or Blood before I go insane...

Page 18 of 527 FirstFirst ... 381314151617181920212223283338434853586368118268518 ... LastLast