TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 527 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974124274524 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

I started playing Commandos 2 and it's awesome. At first I was overwhelmed by the new stuff, but after a few levels I can say I'm totally blown away by it. The rotatable camera, the 3D characters with animations for everything (like friggin turning around), the new abilities and stuff to do and ways to distract guards, etc ... just great.

Btw I found it interesting that you get more score at the end of missions if you take down enemies non-lethally instead of killing them. It's weird in the game's context (after all, every dead enemy is one less cog in the German war machine), but I like it nonetheless - it seems to put some more emphasis on the stealth aspect of the game (although I'm only on the second mission so far, and if the second tutorial mission is any indication, the wargame aspect gets some extra emphasis too).

Also, I don't recall the first game ever using the word 'nazi', but now they seem to throw it around regularly (even during dialog between squad members), which, as we know, is not historically correct. Just something I noticed, nothing relevant - final word is: Commandos 2 is great (so far).

is Best Pony
    I'm finally playing Human Revolution. Acceptability = acceptable.

New warcraft expansion will probably have me signing up again, although I have no idea if that'll be long-term, or just a couple of months while I level to 90 and goof around a bit at the more casual side of the endgame.

Really not interested in a year's subscription if it takes a year for Pandas to arrive anyway, tho! (in Wrath there was a full year between the last major content patch and the arrival of the current expansion).

wait, you're really going to PAY for that garbage in the next expansion pack?

Started playing Arma II (Red Harvest) for the first time a few weeks ago. Gave up on the first city mission because a dual core just can't handle that many AI entities apparently.

Played Magicka solo up through Chapter 11, where it became crash city so I snapped and uninstalled it. Still a great game and I'll probably try it again later. I have to say that playing it for 8 hours or whatever straight did not help the carpal tunnel in my left wrist.

Tried Arma II again yesterday and got most of the way through the Manhattan mission. Uninstalled it again, as it's still unbearable to play something that runs so poorly. That mission in particular is absolute ass when the game is CPU limited because you spend so much of it just driving around.

Average 15 fps is not good enough for you, you pansy? 'Cause that's how I (almost) finished Harvest Red ... on a single core 3GHz P4 (which is below minimum specs for the game). That means you are not qualified to make remarks about the game 'running poorly'.
    Persist.

...by the way did you try lowering the graphics? I know the game is CPU limited, but it can help. A high-medium setting still looks good, and may be more playable.

Yeah, all of the graphics presets get the same FPS on my 8800gt. I'm guessing my 2.5ghz core 2 duo is what's killling me. The first benchmark gets 46 fps, the second one gets 15.

Let's discuss games.

Taking a break
    So Dark Sector huh? I just can't get over the TPP over-the-shoulder camera. It's so distracting, it's so pointless. Why is this in the game, seriously? For it to look cool? I'd honestly prefer Human Revolution-like TPP cutscenes over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Tried Arma II again yesterday and got most of the way through the Manhattan mission. Uninstalled it again, as it's still unbearable to play something that runs so poorly. That mission in particular is absolute ass when the game is CPU limited because you spend so much of it just driving around.
    I take it you've patched the game with the most recent patch, right? I found that the patches improved the performance massively.

Finished Lufia 2 a few minutes ago. Wow what a great game. Very long, HEAPS of side quest related stuff to do, and on the overall whole a good story. According to the final game stats that are given to you on completing the game:

I put in 47 hours and 21 minutes. Time flies. If you like JRPGs then I'd definitely recommend this game to you. Loved it. Weirdly with this series the first game is the prequel to the second game, beginning with the final moments of the 2nd game, so rather than beginning with Lufia 1 I instead played Lufia 2 first. So at some later stage I'll need to go play the first game, or is it second. Hmm.

This series of "Let's Play" youtube videos was majorly helpful throughout and quite amusing at times:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3jZyIdLfl0

Now back to Diablo 2, then maybe the Witcher after that. Been meaning to play that for a long time.

It's been on my wishlist for a while, but I haven't seen it locally and haven't decided to pull the trigger to eBay it.

I do have Lufia 1, but that's a pretty plain RPG in comparison.

Well, finished 2 Call of Dutys in one day; World @ War and Modern Warfare 1. Excellent, excellent games. The last great CoD games. Tried a little Zombehs on W@W and some TDM on MW. All in all, decent MP.

W@W zombies is the best imo. The black ops ones went a little bit overboard I think.

Somehow I am not surprised, Piggeh. Black Ops just didn't seem to grab me at all. I am a huge proponent of Vietnam games, but man this one just made me uninstall after 2 hours and not care to ever go back. That said, MW2 was similar. I think I made it 3 hours in that one, though...

I really hope they take this franchise in a new direction. They are ruining it in my eyes. Well, either that or just take it the MP only route.

Taking the Death Toll
    Black Ops fucking rules all ass forever.

Taking a break
    Black Ops was definitely worst of the "modern" CoDs, true.

MW2 was the one I enjoyed most.

I was screaming about the goddamn numbers by the time I got to the end of Black Ops and the MP just didn't feel quite as satisfying.

Taking the Death Toll
    Black Ops is bleak and dark and doesn't end happy and there's all sorts of fucked up shit going on in it. Though I'll admit, the menu for zombie mode is more interesting than zombie mode itself.

Wow wow wow Outie just gifted me The Binding of Isaac. YASE. Been wanting to play this. Thanks brop!

AMERICA IS DOMINATE

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Black Ops...doesn't end happy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em2Kaqd1EyQ

Taking the Death Toll
    Texas. Kennedy. 6.5 millimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Texas. Kennedy. 6.5 millimeter.

Taking the Death Toll
    I am still going through Fallout 2, but I'm in the closing stages. I've mostly wrapped up the political/NCR subplots, and it's just a matter of checking off a few last locations (two added by the RP) then stuffing a bunch of drugs in the suitcase and heading for San Fran.

One thing I noticed about New Vegas is how very little of what you do in FO2 actually means much in FONV, if you think about it. The only real conditions for New Reno's fate, for example, is that the Wrights live. Everything else- the fate of the Bishops, Mordinos, and especially the Salvatores- can be presumed to have occurred either during the game, or after. The Wrights take control, with or without your help, and take over the city; Bishop's attempts to join with NCR may not even matter given the long time distance between 2 and NV; New Reno could have joined NCR after a few years even if Bishop died.

Basically, except for certain really bad endings (like NR empties out, or everyone in Vault City dies) nearly every ending you get for the given towns can be presumed to be canon, because in 40 years they'll just be part of NCR one way or another.

Okay so The Binding of Isaac is undoubtedly the best thing I have played all year. The artwork is fairly high on the disturbing scale, but certainly unique in that sense too. It reminds me a bit of Spelunky but it is way more slick. They've somehow massaged it into what is almost a zero-grind roguelike. If you haven't played it, check it out. I can't see myself putting this down for a while. (It is especially awesome since I have fuck all time for gaming these days and this game can be had in small servings).

Thanks again, Outie. I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

Page 24 of 527 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974124274524 ... LastLast