TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Small update on AC 3. I had thought I'd fixed my music bug (if you can call it that) only to find once I got to the free roaming bits again that nope no ambient music. On doing some checks online it appears that ubisoft in their infinite wisdom decided to have no ambient music in the free roaming bits. As in, what I thought was a bug, was actually a design decision on ubisofts end. Pack of idiots. Makes the game feel unfinished like it still needed a few months put in.

ANYWAYS. Turns out that look out points ARE in it. Yay. Games a bit better. Lack of music though. Meh. The rest of the games had such great background music going on.
    Last edited by icemann; 13th Feb 2014 at 08:47.

Games I'm not playing:

Crysis. Had to jump through hoops of downloading the 64 bit folder from someone's dropbox and renaming folders, but it hasn't got me past the instant crashes yet.

Metro Last Light. I was so looking forward to this. I get 5 fps on lowest settings. Then I start the benchmark demo exe and get a solid 80 fps. I still haven't worked it out.

Started up Minerva's Den, a Bioshock 2 DLC.

Taking the Death Toll
    A very fine DLC at that.

So I've heard. Just tell me
    spoiler:
    the voice of Porter isn't The Thinker a la SHODAN/Polito

Taking the Death Toll
    Heh.

El Shagmeister

I braved and finished the 1st chapter of The Banner Saga. What an epic, beautiful and sad game. Some choices really do haunt you down the road and the story, what little there is overall, kept me interested (well, mostly the characters, heh). I am sad that Arlette or Rook have to die in the end. I found it made more sense, for this grim world at least, for Arlette to die, but still....damn....

Combat could be more varied, but what it has so far is pretty fun. Hope they manage to release the other 2 parts of the saga with more awesome stuff, w00t!

Continuing on my interrupted playthrough of Sly 4 'cuz I dig that crrrrrazy raccoon and his pals!

Starting up, at long last, inFAMOUS 2, so far fun. I really enjoyed the 1st one despite the lame binary choices (I should give it a replay and go full red since I was so good and blue last time...).

Enjoying my time with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Never played the original, though I was always curious, but this game is the bee's knees so far!

Fun times.

Been playing Paper Sorceror, its got a great visual look, but with old school Dungeon Master/Eye of the Beholder style combat and rpgness. Worth a look for only 5 bucks on steam.

Thing What Kicks
    Got a new Vita and am currently enjoying TxK.
    Another great refinement of the Tempest template by Jeff Minter. It's less graphically intense than Space Giraffe and is more a direct sequel to Tempest 2000.
    Cracking tunes, fantastic twitchy, zone gameplay and smooth as butter at a constant 60fps.

Finished Quantum Conundrum, which was pretty good and mildly funny. I didn't find the jumping puzzles as irritating at some, although I could see why people might have a problem with it. Overall, it didn't really feel much different from the first Portal imho as far as the general difficulty and style goes.

This morning I finished Iron Sky Invasion, which is fucking HILARIOUS. First impressions aren't great, but once the game gets going it's basically like X-Wing with actual Nazis instead of metaphorical ones. Really really campy and the actual gameplay, while as repetitive as you'd expect from most space shooters, was surprisingly solid.

Up next is...Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+. Which is weird since I just bought it, but oh well.

Edit: Ok, played a few levels of Pac-Man Championship Edition. My god, this is amazing.
    Last edited by Jason Moyer; 14th Feb 2014 at 09:23.

Finished Thief Gold for the first time. (Not kidding.) Amazing experience. Splinter Cell now feels like a cheap TPP knockoff of it.

Still Subjective
    Well now you need to play Thief 2. Or did you play them in reverse or something.

And please check out the fanmissions for both. They're amazing !

I'm playing the Dark Mod and I'm loving it to bits. It really feels like an evolution of Thief's mechanics and a proper sequel or spin-off. A big thanks to all of its creators .

Also playing Crimson Shroud - an awesome board game RPG for the 3DS and kind of a spiritual successor to Vagrant Story, which is probably my favorite video game.

I finally installed Black Flag! This is my first Ass game, and I've already sank my first ship. TAKE THAT SPANISH INQUISITION!

Started Witcher 2 this weekend, and so far I'm finding it difficult to get into. I get that it doesn't hold the player's hand, but I didn't find the tutorial altogether helpful and the prologue seems to focus much more on fighting than on story, which is what I play these games for. Also, at times the dialogue options seem to be based on things Geralt knows but the game hasn't shared with me. I'm sure I'll get into it, but I wonder whether I've just become too pampered by modern gaming conveniences and shallow learning curves.

Quote Originally Posted by NuEffect View Post
    Well now you need to play Thief 2. Or did you play them in reverse or something.
    I'll be getting it sometime soon, hopefully. It's my first time playing the series, and I'm doing it in anticipation for NuThief, which actually led me to the series. I don't think I'll be able to finish TMA in nine days though :P so I'll be playing it after NuThief.

Thief 2 is the Stalker:Clear Sky of the series, anyway.

Level 10,000 achieved

Saints Row 4 is done! SR3 is still the series highpoint for me, but part 4 certainly delivers everything anyone could want from a Saints Row game: solid open world gameplay, some great setpieces and laugh out loud moments, and some cool tunes to sing along to on the radio!

Also finished Dishonored's Brigmore Witches DLC today. And I'm nearing the end of Shadowrun Returns, I think. The story just seems to go on and on.

also, gkk, don't listen to Jason. Thief 2 is the best in the series.

Done with the Flashback remake game. It looks good and I can't say I had no fun at all with it, but it is decidedly mediocre. Till the end I kept struggling with the gameplay, and the story is hard to follow too, it's told in a very confusing way. Voice acting is poor. Don't bother with it.

I've seen Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is only 5 Euro. It gets good reviews and seems like fun. However, it would be my first FPS on the PS3, I've never played an FPS with a gamepad so I still have to learn how to play well. And CoJ: G doesn't have an Easy mode to ease me into it. Can anyone tell me how hard this game is on Normal? Is it doable if it's my first FPS with a gamepad? I'm trying the demo in a couple of hours to see if I can manage it without too much frustration.

Thing What Kicks
    I can't say for certain how Gunslinger plays on a pad, but I would imagine it's quite smooth. The "focus" mode involves a lot of automatic lock-ons. It's a risk-reward game where prolonging your combo and therefore the amount of time you spend in focus mode involves placing yourself in danger.

It's a fantastic game, one of my favourites from last year, and I'd highly recommend it.

verbose douchebag
    Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. It's very good. Not seen anything Director's Cutty yet, other than DLC items appearing (silenced sniper rifle and those bombs that look like blue portable hard drives. I'd forgotten how ridiculous the springing in the game is. It's like all of the big deal is making out of how augs have unfair benefits over those who can't afford them, but I'm guessing short distance runners are safe. I can sprint faster than Adam Jensen for longer in real life. I don't play games to see what it was like if I had severe asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    I can sprint faster than Adam Jensen for longer in real life.
    You're not lugging around a giant set of super arms with hilarious wristblades in them, though.

"What do the arms do?"

"You can punch through walls and rip faces off and shit!"

"And the legs?"

"They let you carry the arms!"

We really need a glowering shades smiley for these forums.

verbose douchebag
    Well it's lung upgrades that let you sprint longer, not leg ones. So yeah, it's an asthma simulator.

Have you ever run for any extended period of time? Your aerobic fitness gives way before your legs do, unless you're doing extreme long distance running.

well, we are talking about the general populace of a gaming forum...

Page 251 of 533 FirstFirst ... 151201206211216221226231236241246247248249250251252253254255256261266271276281286291296301351501 ... LastLast