TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 532 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031364146515661667176126276526 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Chakat sex pillow
    Finished it just now, for the first time. It really is something special. And still gorgeous, even now, in HD.

This game inspired every 3D platformer that came after it; it's funny to see now just how much Sands of Time took from Ico, from the platforming mechanics to the way the light streams in through the windows in a dreamy haze. As Andrew Plotkin said in his review, 'My god, the light.'

Onwards to SotC!

Taking the Death Toll
    What I like about it is that it's like stepping into 2001-era gaming all over again. It just feels like a game made 10 years ago. Which, of course, it was, but I haven't really been in a space like that in a very long while.

Chakat sex pillow
    The thing about Ico's game space is, that castle? Most games from 2001 weren't built that way, hell they still aren't. The castle wasn't constructed by some half-baked level designer trying to make cool areas to platform around in. That castle's architectural details were modelled by Ueda, with a proper layout you could map from end to end. It's a place. It's fucking brilliant.

El Shagmeister

\/

UNCHARTED 3 IS MINE!!!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Most games from 2001 weren't built that way, hell they still aren't.
    Dark Souls' world is built like that, but more interconnected than Ico's world. And, I dunno, Resident Evil 4 and Arkham Asylum? Was a while since I played RE4 though so my memory might be a bit fuzzy.

I was surprised by how well ICO holds up graphically. Obviously it hasn't got the bells and whistles of a current release, but it oozes style and atmosphere, while very much feeling like a real place.

I'm also enjoying Deus Ex: Human Revolution a lot, although I'm not looking forward to the next boss battle (the second one - I expect I'm probably an hour away from it.)

Still Subjective
    What? The HD remakes of ICO and SotC are out?

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

*travels back in time to tell Subjective Effect about the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection coming out*
    *meets younger self*
    *goes ever so slightly wibbly*

I really, really despised SotC. It is just so goddamn frustrating and boring at the same time. Hard to do, that.

Did you play the original on the PS2 or just the HD remake? I've heard that the latter is more fiddly.

I remember when I first played SotC on the PS2, it took me a while to get into it. It has since become one of my all time favourites, though.

In other words, gunsmoke, may a magnificent, huge but essentially docile creature step on you by accident.

Downloading what I hope is the last patch I have to download for the Witcher (I bought the standard edition a fair while ago before the enhanced edition came out). Needing to download the 1.4 + TWEE English pack before I can install 1.5 is a bit of an annoyance. After all that hoping that the game is good.

The Alchemist
    It's a good fucking year for gaming, methinks.

Aside from the triple A titles I cant wait to play (Skyrim, Uncharted 3, etc), the triple A titles I fucking loved (Deus Ex: HR), and an army of indie games that make my soul happy (Minecraft ,Voxeltron, Frozen Synapse, Amnesia), my gaming list is fucking full. Yeah yeah some of those games came out much earlier, but I'm just getting into them now....

Level 10,000 achieved
    Agreed. It's been a great year for gaming. DXHR, Frozen Synapse, and Dark Souls are competing for my GOTY. LA Noire, Portal 2, APB:Reloaded and Dead Space 2 were great as well.

I'm currently replaying Dead Space 2. I still like it more than the first, which, although a good game, was pretty formulaic and straightforward. The multiplayer is a bit limited but a nice addition to a great single-player element.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Did you play the original on the PS2 or just the HD remake? I've heard that the latter is more fiddly.

I remember when I first played SotC on the PS2, it took me a while to get into it. It has since become one of my all time favourites, though.

In other words, gunsmoke, may a magnificent, huge but essentially docile creature step on you by accident.
    I am roling with the original PS2 ver. And I will give it some more time, Thirith.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Agreed. It's been a great year for gaming. DXHR, Frozen Synapse, and Dark Souls are competing for my GOTY. LA Noire, Portal 2, APB:Reloaded and Dead Space 2 were great as well.
    I bought more titles at launch this year than I have in YEARS.

Taking the Death Toll
    Same.

I'm now into the 2nd Chapter of The Witcher. Whilst the combat does take some getting used to, I like the game so far, even if I did have to scale the settings back alittle just so it would stop lagging in the cutscenes.

Story seems good. The amount of swearing is a bit on the ridiculous side at times.

The Alchemist
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I'm now into the 2nd Chapter of The Witcher. Whilst the combat does take some getting used to, I like the game so far, even if I did have to scale the settings back alittle just so it would stop lagging in the cutscenes.

Story seems good. The amount of swearing is a bit on the ridiculous side at times.
    Guess you never played Kingpin! Jesus, I never realized how blatantly Marcellus Wallace the boss is.

Edit: Man, I forgot how much I liked that game. *Torrenting*
    Last edited by The Alchemist; 3rd Nov 2011 at 02:05.

El Shagmeister

Uncharted 3: Woah That Was Fast - DONE!

Short, but sweet.

Now.....ON TO ARKHAM CITY!!!!

\/

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    I am roling with the original PS2 ver. And I will give it some more time, Thirith.
    I think it's definitely worth giving it more time; having said that, though, I don't think that either Team ICO title is the sort of game that everyone will enjoy. If it hasn't grown on you by the second or third colossus, it may simply not be for you, and then having everyone tell you what an artistic masterpiece it is will just be annoying.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Uncharted 3: Woah That Was Fast - DONE!

Short, but sweet.
    You've only had it a day or two and you're already done? Sounds like an epic way to spend $60 USD.

So the tradition of Uncharted games has not been broken, a certified "wait for the bargain bin" game. In the PAL region, Sony first party games halve in price after ~6 months (if not earlier).

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Dark Souls' world is built like that, but more interconnected than Ico's world. And, I dunno, Resident Evil 4 and Arkham Asylum? Was a while since I played RE4 though so my memory might be a bit fuzzy.
    Arkham Asylum? I didn't really get a sense of massively connected architecture with AA, it was a bunch of disparate buildings after all, and the floor plans seemed all over the place; subjectively, the sense of place and atmosphere of being in something old and massive just isn't there for me with AA, the metroidvania hijinks detract from the physicality of it.

And which parts of RE4 are you referring to? It's one environment after another, most of the time. Mostly set-piece design, as far as I can remember.

As for Dark Souls, heh. I'll play it... someday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Guess you never played Kingpin! Jesus, I never realized how blatantly Marcellus Wallace the boss is.

Edit: Man, I forgot how much I liked that game. *Torrenting*
    Lol forgot how bad/funny the swearing was in that game. I've yet to play that, though have watched others play it before. That games been on my todo list for a fair while. That and Sin. Though in Sins case I've played the first bit of that and really liked it at the time. Though that was a VERY long time ago.

Taking the Death Toll
    Finished up Ico last night. I have to say, this feels like a predecessor to today's "art games." Absolutely loved it, however.

Also started Shadow of the Colossus -- took one down. Like it so far, but I think I'm going to end up preferring Ico.

Page 26 of 532 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031364146515661667176126276526 ... LastLast