TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 532 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748495051566166717681869196146296 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 13295

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

15 seconds till DX:HR. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I was enjoying Portal 2 but was only considering it sorta good until it up-ended my expectations and sent me back to the 50s.

Finished off Dot Hack Ep 2 last night. Insane final boss battle. Onto Episode 3 soon.

And playing alittle Might and Magic 7 - For Blood or Honor, on the side on the second PC in the house whilst the girlfriend is on the main PC. I'd forgotten how good that game is. 3 hours of game playing went by in no time. Great game.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    I was enjoying Portal 2 but was only considering it sorta good until it up-ended my expectations and sent me back to the 50s.
    It just keeps getting better. Portal 2 makes Portal 1 look like an overblown tech demo (oh wait, it is.)

is Best Pony
    It really does.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Well I was going to play the newly-acquired Arkham City
    And now I have! A bit. It's ... not bad, actually. Sexy!Harley is a little bit offputting, being there just for the sake of T&A from what I can see, but the rest of the cast seems pretty good from what little I've seen so far and the game itself is satisfyingly crunchy combat-wise.

Next up: Lord of the Rings: War In the North: Too Many Colons.

I played Portal 2 for the first time a few months ago and I dunno why I waited so long. Everything that was great about the original times about 1000.

I want to play Arkham City when I'm done with Skyrim but it will probably be a year until a nodvd comes out and fuck putting the disk in the drive when it already has GFWL.

Matthew - War In The North is pretty awesome. Or at least it was on my 8800GT. That and Rage are both completely unplayable on AMD GPUs at this point.

I finished Trine (the first) a few days ago - looks beautiful, handles perfectly, and the interaction and co-dependence between the three characters is well designed. However, and maybe it's because I am not a big plat former guy in general, my biggest complaint is how repetetive the game is. After a few hours in, I felt like I've already done all the puzzles. It's like "oh another spinning wooden platform" or "I need to leap from beam to beam again." It probably didn't help that, aside from the foresty bits, pretty much the whole game looks like the same "generic fantasy ruins/dungeon" - I honestly couldn't distinguish between the levels. And the spawn count of enemies should seriously be cut in half - so many times I just stood in place, waited for a skeleton to spawn in me, kill them in one hit with the hammer, than keep waiting in the spot because I know 5 more will spawn. Uggh....

Hay Eva thanks for the copy of EYE - I have been as busy as a blue-arsed fly and only just found the gift a few days ago. Sorry lad! Anyway many thanks again - I have been looking forward to playing this!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Playing Shank. It's alright. It looks good but the story is a bit weak and there is little finesse to the gameplay, mostly just button-mashing.

Well I finished off Rage alot earlier than I expected. I put in I think about 3-4 nights into it overall which is ok, though the final level was very sudden and felt rushed. The final battle wasn't even a boss battle which was very surprising.

The game feels like it needed an extra chapter added onto it, as the first had you in the easy area, then moved you into the 2nd area which felt more of a medium difficulty area. It just needed more.

As the credits started I was like "Is that it? What the hell" you didn't even get to take on the bad guy who had caused the whole thing. What the. And the ending was very meh. I get the impression that development was rushed at the end as that is the only thing that can explain it, other than really bad game design. Which for id is quite odd. I thought they went by the "it'll be released when its done" mantra. Then again they didn't go by that with Quake 1 costing them John Romero in the process (from what I've read) so who knows I guess.

Taking the final level out of the equation (which only took me 10 mins to get through) the 1st and 2nd chapters were excellent gameplay wise. Though alot was left unexplained. This is one of those games where you REALLY need to read the game manual to get the story properly I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    I finished Trine (the first) a few days ago - looks beautiful, handles perfectly, and the interaction and co-dependence between the three characters is well designed. However, and maybe it's because I am not a big plat former guy in general, my biggest complaint is how repetetive the game is.
    I totally relate, except I played about 2 hours of it and could't bare the repetitiveness anymore. Not gonna try Trine 2.

I found Trine was best played in one-level-per-session chunks. Then switch over to something else and play it again next weekend Helps to prevent burnout.

I'm not sure if I actually posted this, but I've been playing Outcast lately (at the insistance of Alchemist a while ago). I'm getting fairly close to the end now; I just need to get the mon from Okaar (which I have partially explored already), then Talanzaar.

Replaying Metro 2033, this time on Ranger Easy difficulty. Apart from the ridiculous lack of ammunition, this mode feels more balanced and just better than the normal Easy difficulty. I'm also getting the hang of stealth, although the checkpoint system doesn't really make experimenting with it easy. All in all I'm liking it more than the last time I played it (was about a year ago). EDIT: Also, it's lame that they translated names. Having read the book recently, after starting the game I wondered for a moment who the hell is 'Miller'...

Taking a break
    Why not ranger Hardcore? The only difference is lack of HUD which makes it more immersive.

Chakat sex pillow
    ^^ Agreed. It's a much, much more atmospheric game that way. It is slightly more difficult, however.

They say RH mode has even higher damage values, and I didn't want it to get that hard. RE mode has quite minimal hud too anyway (no crosshair and hud elements diappear when not in use).

More Portal 2: up to the late 80s now.

It appears that perhaps Carolyn did get the job after all.

Taking a break
    Well shit, seems like I got burned out of Skyrim... finally. Lying Steam Clock shows 179 hours, though you should probably add at least 70 to that on the, uh, non-Steam version.

What the fuck do I do now

I find myself playing more pick-up-and-play games nowadays than intense story-driven games. Started UT2004 single player campaign (thanks again for the game, Aerothorn!). Also still doing the campaign of FlatOut2, one of the most fun racers I've ever played.

I got myself Dragon Age: Origins and it's pretty damn good so far (I've just done all the plot quests up to the curing that poisoned lord and now get to run around the city some more). Though I'm thinking it's not that re-playable without getting the premium content for the second run through.

Next on the pile is Fallout 1 & 2, which I've played before but not finished. Also Tactics, which I have heard mixed things about.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Just beat Bad Company 2's singleplayer. I'd been led to believe that it wasn't very good, and awfully short, but was glad to find out otherwise. It's easily as cinematic and fun as Modern Warfare 2's campaign, and 6 hours long, which I felt was long enough. Good cast of characters as well, my favourite was the Texan. He had some pretty good lines although, oddly, towards the end he kinda devolves into a "good ol' boy" stereotype. My only real gripe was the scarcity of checkpoints. Sure I enjoyed the gameplay but having to replay some sections over and over really soured the experience.

Also playing SkyDrift. I'm an hour and a half into it and I think I've unlocked all the levels. It's starting to feel a bit formulaic and not as much fun as when I started it.

Taking the Death Toll
    Almost done with MGS3. Just need to put aside the 3-4 hours to actually get it done.

Taking a break
    Don't forget to cry at the end, I hear that's a manly thing to do

Taking the Death Toll
    koki why don't you just shut up

Taking the Death Toll
    And done! Still my favourite PS2 game, and it looks gorgeous on PS3 despite some minor performance issues.

I'd really love to get into something PC-side but too much Minecraft has played hell on my hand; so I'm going to stay on the other side of the room for now and probably get going on Alan Wake.

Page 46 of 532 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748495051566166717681869196146296 ... LastLast